Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifiers
The Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued.
This item has been discontinued. An excellent alternate choice is the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Utltimate Pet Air Purifier.
See all of our Winix PlasmaWave air purifiers.
Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Wants a compact, quiet and stylish air cleaner for the home.
- Wants an air purifier that will capture allergens and remove common household odors including pet odors.
- Wants a ‘set it and leave it’ air purifier that is monitored by smart sensors to maintain ideal indoor air quality.
- Effectively removes a broad range of odors, allergens and other airborne pollutants
- Maximum coverage: 518 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 173 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- AHAM room size rating: 213 sq. ft.
- Compact room air purifier
- Captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable anti-bacterial pre-filter
- True HEPA filter
- Washable advanced odor control carbon filter
- PlasmaWave™ technology
- Produces no detectable ozone
- 4 fan speeds
- Very quiet operation
- Electronic controls with digital display
- Remote control (batteries included)
- Auto mode
- Sleep mode
- 1, 4 or 8 hour timer
- Replace filter indicator (based on actual usage)
- Dust sensor
- Odor sensor
- Light sensor
- Air inflow through front and sides, outflow through top
- UL/CUL listed, CARB certified, AHAM certified, Energy Star qualified
- Color: white with silver front panel
- ABS plastic housing
- Made in Korea
What is PlasmaWave™ Technology?
As the final stage of air cleaning, filtered air passes through a corona discharge (a type of electric pulse). This process creates both negative and positive ions which is air in a plasma state. In phase two, the plasma combines with naturally occurring water vapor to form Hydroxyl Radicals (OH, unstable molecules stripped of hydrogen and oxygen atoms). Hydroxyls attack airborne pollutants that include viruses, bacteria, germs, odors, and chemical gases (VOCs). The pollutants are destroyed in the process while the Hydroxyls reform into water vapor (H2O) or other harmless air molecules. This process produces NO OZONE or other harmful by-products as it emulates the way nature cleans the air.
Replace filter cassette when indicator light illuminates. Maintenance depends on hours of actual use, air quality, and location of unit. Filters under normal use usually need to be replaced annually. For optimum efficiency, lightly vacuum and then wash the washable pre-filter and nano-silver mesh/activated carbon filter every 3 months.
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
After some extensive research on how to address daily air quality issues such as allergens and odors, specifically those of pet owners, Winix developed the PlasmaWave Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifiers. The 9300 model is a sized-down replica of the 9500 model and is a better fit for smaller rooms thanks to its compact size. This stylish and sophisticated Korean-made air purifier uses a variety of filtration technologies to capture pet hair, pet dander, dust and other large and tiny airborne particles as well as reducing and neutralizing common indoor odor issues.
- Great filtration of allergens and other airborne particles. During our filtration test the Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier removed an average of 95.5% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first pass of air through the filter.
- Nice small size and stylish design. Reviewers loved the Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier’s smaller size. It is about half the size of the 9500 so it fits better in a small or crowded room, yet it still cleans an area almost as large. (The 9300 covers up to 213 sq. ft. and 9500 covers up to 284 sq. ft.) Reviewer’s also liked the design of this air purifier. It can be placed against a wall and its neutral colors fit with most decors.
- Dust, odor and light sensors provide hassle-free automatic operation. When operating on auto-mode the air purifier will speed up and slow down based on particles and odors it detects in the air. The odor and dust sensor are separate, which is an added bonus. All reviewers loved the piece of mind of knowing this air purifier was monitoring their indoor air quality for them, and were surprised by how sensitive it was to the slightest change in air quality such as the oven being turned on or an air freshener being sprayed.
- Very quiet operation, especially on low and medium fan speeds. When air quality is good the Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier runs on low fan speed and is very quiet. However, when the air quality goes bad you will know because the air purifier will kick into high fan speed which is quite a bit louder, but still quieter than most air purifiers on high/turbo. Luckily, most of the time it rectifies the air quality issue quickly and will settle back down into the quiet low or medium fan speed. Reviewers did point out that the Winix PlasmaWave technology makes a quiet chirping-like sound that some found annoying when they were close to the air purifier. Most reviewers said they ended up getting use to the sound but there were a few who said they just ended up turning the PlasmaWave function off to stop the sound when they were in the room.
- Easy to maintain filters. The Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier has one filter cassette that contains all of the filters. This filter cassette only needs to be replaced as indicated by the filter change indicator and should last for approximately 1 year of constant operation under normal conditions. Reviewers found it to be easy to remove the front grill and access the filter. It takes only a matter of seconds to replace the filter cassette however it is recommended to remove and wash the pre-filter and carbon filter every three months which will require a little bit of time and is a task you are responsible for remembering to do.
- Great value for the price, especially for apartment dwellers. Our review team agreed the Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier was a very good deal for the average person with general air quality concerns. It is compact, affordably priced, removes airborne particles, addresses common household odor issues, offers ‘set it and leave it’ convenience, is quiet and requires minimal attention to upkeep.
- Not for serious chemical, gas or VOC removal. The Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier only has a minimal amount of granular carbon media included in the filter cassette. This minimal amount of carbon paired with the PlasmaWave technology will address common household odor issues such as those caused by cooking, cleaning or a family pet. However, in order to seriously address an air quality issue cause by a significant amount of chemicals, gases or strong odors you need a filter that has a large amount of carbon (18 to 26 lbs) with a deep bed (2 to 3 inches thick) which provides a longer dwell time for better adsorption of gas, chemicals, or odors.
- Minimal warranty period. Winix only offers a 1 year limited warranty on the PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier. This is shorter than the average manufacturer’s warranty on a product of this quality which we would expect to have at least a 3 year warranty. Despite its 1 year limited warranty, we feel you can be confident this air purifier will last much longer.
Summary:The PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier is for someone who wants a good all-around air cleaner for removing allergens and common household odors that they can plug in, turn on, and not worry about replacement filters for about year. Its compact size makes it a perfect fit for a smaller sized room and it fits nicely up against a wall. It is thoughtfully design with a neutral white and silver color and will not look out of place or obtrusive in a small room. Great for pet owners who live in an apartment!
Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Technical Specifications of Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
|Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 518 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||120V / 60Hz|
|Energy Consumption||6 - 70 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 183, Dust = 182, Pollen = 194
Room size rating: 213 sq. ft.
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||n/a|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Low: 21 cfm, Medium: 49 cfm, High: 74 cfm, Turbo: 138 cfm|
|Decibels||Low: 34.3 db, Medium: 41.5 db, High: 47.2 db, Turbo: 61db|
|Dimensions||18.5"H x 13.8"W x 9.1"D|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Video Reviews of Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Winix PlasmaWave 9300 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Winix Ultimate HEPA Filter Cartridge - Size 17
Filter size 17. Includes washable pre-filter, true HEPA filter, washable Advanced Odor Control Granular carbon filter and anti-microbial coating. Fits Winix models P150, 9300 and 9000S.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out within 2-3 business days.
WX AP FLT93