Winix FresHome P450 HEPA Air PurifierEXPERT:
The Winix FresHome P450 HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued.
The Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifiers. Replacement filters available for purchase below.
See all of our available Winix Air Purifiers.
- Effectively removes a broad range of airborne allergens, pollutants and light household odors
- Recommended room coverage: 450 sq. ft (5 air changes/hr)
- Suitable for use in a large family room or bedroom
- 3-stage air cleaning:
- Odor control carbon pre-filter
- 99.97% effective True HEPA filter
- PasmaWave™ Technology
PlasmaWave™ technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors and other indoor pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone. PlasmaWave technology creates positive and negative ions that combine with natural water vapor to form hydroxyls. Hydroxyls instantly neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors and gases in the air by breaking apart their molecular structure into water vapor and other harmless air molecules. This entire process is similar to what happens in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere. PlasmaWave technology emulates the way nature cleans the air.
- Replace HEPA filter when the indicator light turns on. Under normal use the HEPA filter should last 12 months depending on air quality.
- Carbon pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months. Four carbon pre-filters are included with the air purifier to provide 12 months of filtration.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The P450 is Winix's largest and most powerful air purifier in the FresHome series. It is designed for use in a large family room or master bedroom. AHAM has tested this air purifier and gave it a CADR room rating of 450 square feet.
- True HEPA filter provides great particle filtration. Our particle test results showed it captured over 97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first air pass.
- Large room coverage of 450 sq. ft. with 5 air changes per hour (CADR rating).
- Very quiet on speed 1 and 2; tolerable on speed 3. Turbo is moving a lot of air and is loud like a fan on high.
- Attractive design.
- Intuitive to use with clearly labeled controls.
- Very convenient to use with remote control, auto mode and smart air quality sensor.
- Filter change indicator light for the HEPA filter is based on actual run time and fan speed to ensure you get the most out of the filter; however, you are responsible for remembering to change the carbon pre-filter every 3 months or so.
- Filters are super easy to replace.
- Replacement HEPA and carbon pre-filters are packaged as a set to provide a full year of filtration.
- Koren construction provides a well-made air purifier with a high level of quality control.
- Energy star rated for efficient use of energy.
- CARB certified: This air cleaner complies with the federal ozone emissions limit.
- A great value. The P450 is affordably priced for a good preforming air cleaner that covers a large-sized room.
- Its larger size may not be a best fit for a crowded room.
- Minimal carbon in the pre-filter offers little odor control. It should help with occasional, mild household odors but not for strong odors or heavy concentration of gaseous chemicals or VOCs.
- PlasmaWave technology makes a slight electrical-static sound that some may find annoying. Only audible on low fan speeds.
- We noticed some off-gassing when we first used this air cleaner. We assume it is from the glue used in the HEPA filter. After running it for a few hours the off-gassing will dissipate.
Summary:The Winix FresHome P450 air purifier is an affordable air cleaning solution for a large living room, office or master bedroom. It is powerful with the ability to clean an area of 450 square feet achieving 5 air changes per hour, yet is still quiet enough to not be disturbing. It had impressive results for particle removal and we highly recommend it as a budget-friendly air purifier for controlling airborne allergens. It will also help with common household odors but we do not recommend it if you need to control a constant source of odor or gaseous pollutants. The P450 is very easy to operate and maintain. It comes with a 3 year warranty which is longer than the standard 1 year warranty Winix usually offers on their air purifiers.
Technical Specifications of Winix FresHome P450 HEPA Air Purifier
|Winix FresHome P450 HEPA Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||450 sq. ft. (5 air changes/hr)|
|Power Requirements||AC 120V, 60 Hz, 1.4A|
|Energy Consumption||11-110 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 291, Dust = 298, Pollen = 343|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-4 : 50, 110, 175, 290 CFM|
|Decibels||27 - 60 db(A)|
|Dimensions||25.6" H x 18.9" W x 11.8" D|
|Particle Filter||True HEPA filter|
|Warranty||3 year limited warranty|