Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air PurifierOur Expert Rating:
The Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued.
Winix FresHome model P300 is out of stock. Replacement filters are available below.
See all of our available Winix Air Purifiers.
- Effectively removes a broad range of airborne allergens, pollutants and light household odors
- Recommended room coverage: 300 sq. ft (5 air changes/hr)
- Suitable for use in a medium-sized family room or bedroom
- 3-stage air cleaning:
- Odor control carbon pre-filter
- 99.97% effective True HEPA filter
- PasmaWave™ Technology
PlasmaWave™ technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors and other indoor pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone. PlasmaWave technology creates positive and negative ions that combine with natural water vapor to form hydroxyls. Hydroxyls instantly neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors and gases in the air by breaking apart their molecular structure into water vapor and other harmless air molecules. This entire process is similar to what happens in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere. PlasmaWave technology emulates the way nature cleans the air.
- Replace HEPA filter when the indicator light turns on. Under normal use the HEPA filter should last 12 months depending on air quality.
- Carbon pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months. Four carbon pre-filters are included with the air purifier to provide 12 months of filtration.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The P300 is the mid-sized air purifier in the Winix FresHome series. It is designed for optimal use in a bedroom or living room. AHAM has tested this air purifier and gave it a CADR room rating of 300 square feet.
- True HEPA filter provides great particle filtration. Our particle test results showed it captured over 97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first air pass.
- Room coverage of 300 sq. ft. is a perfect fit for the average-sized bedroom or family room.
- Very quiet on speed 1 and 2; tolerable on speed 3. Turbo is moving a lot of air and is loud like a fan on high.
- Attractive design.
- Intuitive to use with clearly labeled display.
- Very convenient to use with remote control, auto mode and smart air quality sensor.
- Filter change indicator light for the HEPA filter is based on actual run time and fan speed to ensure you get the most out of the filter; however, you are responsible for remembering to change the carbon pre-filter every 3 months or so.
- Filters are super easy to replace.
- Replacement HEPA and carbon pre-filters are packaged as a set to provide a full year of filtration.
- Koren construction provides a well-made air purifier with a high level of quality control.
- Energy star rated for efficient use of energy.
- CARB certified: This air cleaner complies with the federal ozone emissions limit.
- A great value for the price, filtration efficiency and room coverage.
- Minimal carbon in the pre-filter offers little odor control. It should help with occasional, mild household odors but not for strong odors or heavy concentration of gaseous chemicals or VOCs.
- PlasmaWave technology makes a slight electrical-static sound that some may find annoying. Only audible on low fan speeds.
- We noticed some off-gassing when we first used this air cleaner. We assume it is from the glue used in the HEPA filter. After running it for a few hours the off-gassing will dissipate.
Summary:The Winix P300 is the perfect size for use in a medium to large size bedroom or living area. This air purifier is best suited to remove airborne particles and performed very well during our particle efficiency test. Though it will help dissipate light odors and gases, it does not have enough activated carbon to effectively deal with an indoor environment polluted by heavy concentrations of odors, gases or VOCs. We recommend the Winix FresHome P300 as a good choice for an allergy sufferer looking for an affordable air cleaning solution that offers a high level performance, an attractive design and convenient operation.
Technical Specifications of Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air Purifier
|Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||300 sq. ft. (5 air changes per/hr)|
|Power Requirements||AC 120V, 60 Hz, 0.8A|
|Energy Consumption||4-60 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 197, Dust = 197, Pollen = 214|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-4 : 40, 90, 140, 195 CFM|
|Decibels||26 - 55 db(A)|
|Dimensions||21.7" H x 16.3" W x 10.4" D|
|Particle Filter||True HEPA filter|
|Warranty||3 year limited warranty|
Video Reviews of Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Winix FresHome P300 HEPA Air Purifier
Winix Ultimate HEPA Filter Cartridge - Size 21
Filter size 21. Includes washable pre-filter, true HEPA filter, washable Advanced Odor Control Granular carbon filter and anti-microbial coating. Fits Winix models: 9500, 9000, 6300, 5300, 5000 and P300.
Availability: In Stock. Ships within 1-2 Business Days.
WX AP FLT45