Amaircare 2500ET Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
This item has been discontinued by manufacturer.
See all of our available Amaircare Air Purifiers.
- For airborne particle and VOC removal
- Maximum coverage: 1250 sq. ft. (1 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 1300 sq. ft with 8' ceilings
- Small room air purifier
- True HEPA filter (50 sq. ft of media w/ 10 pleats per inch)
- Traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Non-woven carbon post filter
- Optional third stage carbon filter (not included)
- Separately changeable filters
- Individual filter change timers
- Electronic touch-pad controls
- 3 speed fan
- No casters
- UL and CSA approved
- Colors: White or Sandstone
- All metal housing
- Made in Canada
- Pre-filter: replace every 3 - 6 months for normal household use.
- HEPA Filter: replace every 2 - 5 year for normal household use.
- Optional VOC carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for normal household use.
- Carbon post-filter: replace every 3 - 6 months for normal household use.
Note: Filter life is based on continuous operation. Filter life will be longer if only used periodically. When used in heavily polluted environments filters will need to be changed more often.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction:|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
AllergyBuyersClub has sold Amaircare products for many years but only air purifiers designed for auto and whole house solutions. We decided to take a second look at Amaircare's portable air purifiers and were quite pleased with the results of our testing.
- Dependable true HEPA particle filtration. Our testing showed an average particulate removal of 97.8% efficiency at 0.3 microns and greater on the first air pass.
- Carbon pre and post filters are sufficient for removal of basic odors.
- Optional 8 lb. carbon VOC filter is good for situations where higher volumes of VOC or chemicals are of concern.
- Quiet operation on low fan speed.
- Touch pad control panel indicates when each filter needs to be replaced.
- Quality steel construction.
- Very good manufacturer warranty that covers the fan and motor for 5 years and parts and labor for 1 year.
Summary:The Amaircare 2500 ET is a compact air purifier and would be a good fit for a small to medium sized bedroom or office. It is an excellent candidate for removing general allergies, as it averaged a whopping 97.8% efficiency for particle removal down to 0.3 microns. The carbon pre and post filters are able to help dissipate common household odors from cooking or cleaning, but if your indoor environment is polluted by a more constant or strong source of chemicals or VOCs, we highly recommend upgrading to the Amaircare 2500 ET VOC air purifier that includes the 8 lb carbon filter. We are very pleased that Amaircare upgraded the 2500's variable dial controls to an electronic touch pad control featuring individual filter change timers. This not only helps the user know when to change the filters but eliminates the buzzing sound that was caused by the variable fan control.
Technical Specifications of Amaircare 2500 Air Purifier
|Amaircare 2500 Air Purifier|