Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifiers
Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier. WAC9500 True HEPA air cleaner with enhanced carbon and PlasmaWave Technology for filtering allergens and odors. Cleans a room up to 284 sq. ft.
Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Anti-bacterial pre-filter, true HEPA , nano silver shield, advanced activated carbon & PlasmaWave technology. Covers 284 sq.ft.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Within 2-3 Business Days.
See all of our Winix PlasmaWave Air Purifiers.
- True HEPA Filtration: captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Advanced Odor Control Carbon Filter: uses granular coconut shell carbon that is specially formulated to absorb offensive pet odors caused by ammonia and bacteria, as well as cooking odors and other common household odors. Independent test results showed this enhanced carbon filter is 3 times more effective at removing ammonia and other offensive odors than a standard disposable carbon mesh filter.
- Germ and Bacteria Protection: the outside of the carbon filter is coated with a nano silver anti-microbial shield to neutralize germs and bacteria on contact (pets can carry a wide range of germs and bacteria).
- Anti-Microbial Pre-filter: extends the life of the HEPA filter by capturing larger airborne particles like pet hair, fur, dust and lint.
- PlasmaWave™ Technology: attacks odors and pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, gases and odors without producing harmful ozone.
- Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode: Odor, dust and light sensors automatically adjust the air purifier's setting to meet the needs of your indoor environment.
- Sleep Mode and Auto-Sleep Mode: when Sleep Mode is selected the display panel will dim and the air purifier will operation on the lowest fan speed for ultra-quiet operation. When Auto Sleep Mode is activated the air purifier will automatically enter sleep mode when the light sensor detects darkness. When the room is light the air purifier will revert to its previous setting.
- Timer: can be set for 1, 4 or 8 hours if you only want the air purifier to run for a certain amount of time.
- Simple Operation: user-friendly digital display with electronic push button controls and a remote control for your convenience.
- Energy Star Qualified: low energy use of only 6 watts on low and 70 watts on turbo.
- Easy Maintenance: this air purifier only has 1 filter cassette to replace and it has a filter change indicator to let you know when it is time for a new one. The filter is located behind the front grill of the air purifier and no tools are required for easy filter changes that can be completed in seconds. The pre-filter and carbon filter should be washed every 3 months.
What is PlasmaWave™ Technology?
As the final stage of air cleaning, filtered air passes through a corona discharge (a type of electric pulse). This process creates both negative and positive ions which is air in a plasma state. In Phase Two, the plasma combines with naturally occurring water vapor to form Hydroxyl Radicals (OH, unstable molecules stripped of hydrogen and oxygen atoms). Hydroxyls attack airborne pollutants that include viruses, bacteria, germs, odors, and chemical gases (VOCs). The Pollutants Are Destroyed in the process while the Hydroxyls reform into water vapor (H2O) or other harmless air molecules. This process produces NO OZONE or other harmful by-products as it emulates the way nature cleans the air.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
After some extensive research on how to address daily air quality issues such as allergens and odors, specifically those of pet owners, the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier was developed. This stylish and sophisticated Korean made air purifier uses a variety of filtration technologies to capture pet hair, pet dander, dust and other large and tiny airborne particles as well as reducing and neutralizing common indoor odor issues.
- Great filtration of allergens and other airborne particles. During our filtration test the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier removed an average of 96.8% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first pass of air through the filter. These test results were in line with reviewers claims of improved air quality in their homes. After running the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier in their home for a few days, reviewers reported improvements with their allergy symptoms and noticed less dust in the air.
- Dust, odor and light sensors provide hassle-free automatic operation. When operating on auto-mode the air purifier will speed up and slow down based on particles and odors it detects in the air. The odor and dust sensor are separate All reviewers loved the piece of mind that their air purifier was monitoring their air quality for them and were surprised by how sensitive it was to the slightest change in air quality such as the oven being turned on or an air freshener being sprayed.
- Quiet on low and medium fan speeds, tolerable on high and turbo. When air quality is good the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier runs on low fan speed and is very quiet. When the air quality goes bad you will know because the air purifier will adjust to high fan speed which is quite a bit louder. Luckily, most of the time the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier rectifies the air quality issue quickly and will adjust back down to the quiet low fan speed. Some reviewers pointed out the PlasmWave technology makes a quiet, but high pitch sound. Most reviewers said they ended up getting use to the sound but there were a few who had to turn the Winix PlasmaWave function off to stop the sound. Others did not find the plasmawave sound to be an issue.
- Easy to maintain filters. The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier has one filter cassette that contains all of the filters. This filter cassette only needs to be replaced as indicated by the filter change indicator and should last for approximately 1 year of constant operation under normal conditions. Reviewers said it was easy to remove the front grill and they could change the filter in a matter of seconds. The manufacturer also recommends washing the pre-filter and carbon filter every three months and it is up to you to remember to do so.
- Great value for the price. Our review team agreed the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier was a very good deal for the average person with general air quality concerns. It is affordably priced, covers a good size room, removes airborne particles, addresses common household odor issues, offers ‘set it and leave it’ convenience, is quiet and requires minimal attention to maintain.
- Not for serious chemical, gas or VOC removal. The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier only has a minimal amount of granular carbon media. This minimal amount of carbon paired with the PlasmaWave technology will address common household odor issues such as those caused by cooking, cleaning or a family pet. However, in order to seriously address an air quality issue cause by a significant amount of chemicals, gases or strong odors you need a filter that has a large amount of carbon (18 to 26 lbs) with a deep bed (2 to 3 inches thick) which provides a longer dwell time for better adsorption of gases, chemicals, or odors.
- Minimal warranty period: Winix only offers a 1 year limited warranty on the Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier. This is shorter than the average manufacturer’s warranty on a product of this quality which we would expect to be at least 3 years. Despite its 1 year limited warranty we feel you can be confident this air purifier will last much longer.
Summary:The Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet true HEPA air purifier is for someone who wants a good all-around air cleaner for removing allergens and common household odors that they can plug in, turn on, and not worry about replacement filters for about year. It is stylish, quiet and would be an optimal choice for a family room, bedroom or kitchen approximately 284 sq. ft. (15 ft. x 19 ft.)
Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Technical Specifications of Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
|Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||Covers up to 284 sq. ft.|
|Energy Consumption||6 watts on Low, 70 watts on Turbo (AC 120V/60 Hz)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Dust: 182, Smoke: 183, Pollen:194|
|Dimensions||21.9"H x 16.5"W x 8.9"D|
|Finish / Color|
|Finish / Color||Metallic Silver and White|
|Filters included||1 filter cassette|
|Pre-filter||Anti-Microbial Washable Pre-filter|
|Particle Filter||True HEPA Filter|
|Carbon Filter||Advanced Odor Control Washable Carbon Filter w/ nano silver shield (granular coconut shell carbon)|
|UV - Ultraviolet germicidal light|
|UV - Ultraviolet germicidal light||No|
|Avg. air filter life|
|Avg. air filter life||1 year|
|Fan Speeds||4 speeds: Low, Medium, High, Turbo|
|Intake and Outflow of air purifier|
|Intake and Outflow of air purifier||In through bottom and sides, out through top|
|Indicators||Dust level, odor level, plasmawave, auto mode, light sensor, auto sleep mode, sleep mode, timer (1, 4, 8 hr, continuous), fan speed, filter change|
|Display panel on air purifier|
|Display panel on air purifier||LED digtal display|
|Air purifier control type|
|Air purifier control type||Electronic (manual and automatic)|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
|Agency Approvals||UL listed, CUL listed, Energy Star Qualified, AHAM certified, CARB certified|
Video Reviews of Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Winix PlasmaWave 9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Purifier
Winix Ultimate HEPA Filter Cartridge - Size 21
Filter size 21. Includes washable pre-filter, true HEPA filter, washable Advanced Odor Control Granular carbon filter and anti-microbial coating. Fits Winix models: 9500, 9000, 6300, 5300, 5000 and P300.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out within 2-3 business days.
WX AP FLT45