Ebac SPP6A Industrial Commercial DehumidifiersEXPERT:
Ebac SPP6A industrial dehumidifier features a compact design to control excess humidity in storage-like areas. Dehumidifiers ratings, dehumidifier reviews and comparisons on industrial dehumidifiers.
Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifiers
Covers up to 375 sq. ft. and removes up to 17 pints of moisture per day.
AVAILABILITY: Ships within 4-5 business days
0% interest for 12 months* for qualifying purchases every day! 12 equal monthly payments Required.
See the entire family of Ebac Dehumidifiers.
Ebac SPP6A Industrial Commercial Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Needs to protect stored equipment from excess humidity.
- Wants to adjust specific settings so operation is automatic for long-term use.
- Needs an extremely rugged and durable dehumidifier for harsh environments.
- Needs a unit to be deployed inside flexible sealed storage covers or well sealed rooms.
- Hermetically sealed internal components
- "Hot Gas" defrost system
- Integral refrigerant compressor cut-off device
- Stainless steel fittings throughout the entire machine
- Copper refrigeration circuit throughout for long life
- Shock and vibration tested
- Monitor box
- Welded 1.25mm steel chassis and covers
- Two folding carrying handles
- 3 neon indicator lamps
- Extra long 32' power cord
- Complies with British Military Defense specifications D/DGFVE/12/2 and V/PIP/31
- Applications: stores, landing vessels, helicopters radar systems, fighting vehicles, simulators, military aircraft, landing vessels, radar systems, aircraft drop tanks, marine vessels and aircraft engines
- Air Moving System: Air is drawn in through the inlet grille at the rear of the dehumidifier (below the handle) and over the two heat exchanges (evaporator/condenser coils) under the influence of the axial fan, which is driven by the motor. The operation of the fan motor used in the dehumidifier unit is induction protected so the motor is able to take stalled current without burning out the motor windings
- Defrost Operation: If the ambient temperature of the room in which the dehumidifier unit is conditioning falls below 60° F, ice will form on the evaporator coil as the air is passed over it. After time this build up of ice on the evaporator coil will affect the efficiency of the unit and its ability to maintain the required set conditions for the room.
The SPP6A is therefore fitted with a defrost control device. This defrost control device is timed to operate every 40 minutes, at which time, for approximately 8 minutes the high pressure gas is diverted by means of a by-pass valve to enter the evaporator coil. The effect of this high pressure gas entering the evaporator coil is to melt any build up of ice on this coil. The melted ice is collected and disposed by means of the condensate tube.
- High temperature Cut Out: The SPP6A dehumidifier has been designed to work in ambient conditions of 60° F and 120° F. Should the temperature in the room become excessive a thermostat within the compressor casing will open and dehumidifying will stop, until the thermostat resets itself.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install||Not Applicable|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The Ebac SPP6A was originally designed and built for NATO forces and is now available for industrial and commercial applications. This model is made up of the most durable and tough material as well as possessing the most sophisticated feature we have seen.
- Solid construction includes hermetically sealed internal components, stainless steel fittings throughout the entire machine, integral refrigerant compressor cut-off device, and copper refrigeration circuit throughout for long life.
- Shock and vibration tested design in accordance with military transport requirements.
- This model has 2 humidistat functions - the first one controls the on/off function of the dehumidifier unit based on the set point of the humidity and the second one is factory pre-set at 60% relative humidity and is connected to a warning indicating system to notify attendants there is a malfunction that requires attention.
- Hot Gas Defrost that is designed to turn on every 40 minutes during normal operation for approximately 8 minutes to insure there is no build-up of ice at lower temperatures. Special feature to this model is a temperature controlled defrost consisting of a temperature sensitive device that will operate in conjunction with the defrost control during a wider range of temperatures. This restricts the defrost operation to the times when the evaporator coil is at 28.4 degrees Fahrenheit or -2 degrees Celsius.
- Indicator box allows operating status to be confirmed without entering the dehumidified area.
- High temperature cutout: should the temperature in the room become excessive, specifically 122 degrees Fahrenheit, 50 degrees Celsius, a thermostat within the compressor casing will open and dehumidifying will stop for a period until it can reset itself.
- Considering all that it has to offer it does not provide much in 24 hour moisture removal and area coverage.
Summary:The Ebac SPP6A is best for someone who is looking for a rugged dehumidifier for storage facilities that require the highest reliability and ruggedness due to exposure to harsh and extreme conditions from dramatic swings in temperature and humidity. It possesses a unique construction of the best materials along with important indicators to allow the user to be able to monitor the conditions in the dehumidifying area from the outside as well as safety features to automatically shut it down if extreme temperatures occur. Furthermore, it will notify you of growing humidity concerns inside the drying area that could be possible due to some malfunction that needs investigating. If there is any shortcoming it would be its capacity since even in saturated conditions it will only remove 25 pints of moisture per 24 hours and its 150 cfm of air-flow warrants its use for areas no larger than 375 square feet. However, we can see the benefit for this specialty dehumidifier in industrial and commercial applications like non-climate controlled storage facilities where its contents are exposed to temperature and humidity extremes.
Technical Specifications of Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifiers
|Ebac SPP6A Dehumidifiers|
|Coverage Area||Up to 375 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity|
|Water Removal Capacity||17 pints per day set @ 80°F, 60%|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° - 80°F|
|CFM||150 CFM (250 M3/HR)|
|Power Supply||250-300 watts, 110V|
|Dimensions||10'H x 13.5'W x 17.5'L|
|Weight (lbs)||61 lbs|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|