Ebac PD120 Indoor Pool Spa Industrial DehumidifiersEXPERT:
Ebac industrial dehumidifiers for commercial or large home dehumidification help prevent water damage and control odors, mildew, mold, allergies and asthma. Dehumidifiers ratings, reviews and comparisons. Reports by consumer experts.
Dehumidification for indoor swimming pool/spa area:The air inside an indoor swimming pool and/or spa or hot tub can be very humid. The reason is that large amounts of water can evaporate from the surface of the water into the air. The water surface of your pool acts like a large humidifier capable of adding significant moisture to the room. It is important to keep the pool water cooler than the air. Ideal conditions are an air temperature of 82 degrees and a water temperature of 80 degrees. If one allows these ideal conditions to change and the pool water temperature becomes higher than the air temperature, the rate of evaporation of moisture into the air will increase dramatically.
Without effective dehumidification, you risk the appearance of mold, corrosion, structural damage, and an uncomfortable pool environment.
It is also highly recommended that you use a pool cover when the pool is not in use which will reduce the amount of moisture evaporated into the air. An added benefit to covering your pool will be the energy you will save not heating your water due to the heat that would not be lost into the air.
4 Common Indicators of Humidity Problems in Your Indoor Pool or Spa Room:
1) You find it uncomfortably humid in the pool area when in street cloths
2) Strong and persistent smell of chlorine
3) Foggy windows
4) Rust on metal objects
Ebac PD120 Indoor Pool Spa Industrial Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Has a need for portable industrial dehumidification in moderately damp to extremely wet areas and harsh conditions.
- Needs powerful dehumidification up to 110 pints of water removal per day.
- Needs to remove unwanted moisture within an indoor pool or spa area, thus allowing a swimmer's body to feel comfortable leaving and entering the water.
- Wants a dehumidifier that will remove moisture that may cause corrosion and structural damage within an indoor pool facility, aerobic room, workout area, or locker and laundry rooms.
- Wants to reduce sensible heat loss in a specific area.
- Has a small to medium sized enclosure with excessive moisture/humidity.
- "Reverse Cycle" defrosting feature permits low temp operation down to 33°F
- Adjustable control humidistat the level of dryness
- Convenient drain point for condensate collection of hose attachment
- Totally enclosed coils in an epoxy-coated, heavy gauge steel case
- Quiet, 2 speed fan
- Self-contained for quick and easy installation (no duct work required)
- Can be ducted if desired
- Washable air filter
- Sturdy military-type carrying handles
The Ebac PD120 industrial dehumidifier is basically comprised of:
2) Refrigerant Evaporator Coil
3) Refrigerant Condenser Coil
4) One circulation fan
5) Remote Humidistat
6) Cabinet to house the above components
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
Just like its larger counterpart PD200, the PD120 is just as sturdily constructed to withstand the chemicals and water vapor in an indoor swimming pool environment. It is also the perfect choice for other extreme humid surroundings such as workout areas, locker rooms, laundry rooms, health & fitness centers, spas, sports halls, aerobic rooms, racquetball/handball courts, or warehouses.
- Easy installation: requires little installation and set-up time. Simply connect power cable to grounded power source, install draining tube, start up unit and check dehumidification process listed in manual.
- Remote humidistat included: allows one to mount it on the wall for ease in setting and monitoring the level of dryness.
- High quality construction: all of the essential wiring is tightly sealed inside the cabinet to protect them from the moisture and chemicals.
- Filter is included that is easily accessible and washable.
- Low temperature operation if needed with its reverse Hot Gas Defrost that can operate down to 33 degrees.
- Since it is a heavy unit it would have been nice for ease of set-up or relocation if they had casters.
Summary:If someone is in need of a high performing dehumidifier in an indoor swimming pool environment of a smaller scale the PD120 is the answer as it has all of the great features and benefits of the larger PD120 at a very reasonable price. Furthermore, the installation is a bit easier since it can plug into a standard 110 volt outlet and only draws 9.2 amps of electricity. It also allows you to install ducting for installation in a remote room to lessen the noise and eliminate the footprint. If there is anything to find fault with is that it is not on casters and requires lifting but at least it has sturdy military-style handles for transporting. When all is said and done we think it is one of the best values for a smaller scale indoor swimming pool application as well as being the easiest to set-up.
Technical Specifications of Ebac PD120 Dehumidifiers
|Ebac PD120 Dehumidifiers|
|Water Removal Capacity|
|Water Removal Capacity||110 pints per day set @ at 80°F, 60% RH|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|Operating Temperature Range||33° - 95°F|
|Noise Level||69 dba|
|Power Supply||1000 Watts, 9.2 Amps, 60Hz, 110V|
|Dimensions||17.5"H x 27"W x 26"D|
|Weight (lbs)||176 lbs|
|Warranty||1 yr electrical. 3 yrs compressor, condenser, evaporator|
Video Reviews of Ebac PD120 Dehumidifiers
Filters & Accessories for Ebac PD120 Dehumidifiers
Please have the information to the following questions ready when contacting us:
- In what city and state is the room located?
- What are the dimensions of your poolroom (length times the width times the height of the ceiling)?
- Describe the quality of construction?(how well is it sealed, what material was used for the walls and ceiling)
- What is the present relative humidity in the room?
- What is the desired relative humidity to be achieved?
- What is the average air temperature in the room?
- What is the surface area of the pool?(square footage- length x width)
- What is the temperature of the water?
- Is the pool covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)
- Besides a pool, is there a spa/hot tub in the room?
- If there is a spa, what is the surface area? (square footage- length x width)
- If there is a spa, what is the temperature of the water?
- If there is a spa, is it covered when not in use? (If it is, how many hours for any 6 hour period is it not covered)