Danby Premiere 50 Pint DehumidifiersOur Expert Rating:
The Danby Premiere 50 Pint Dehumidifiers has been discontinued.
Danby Premiere 50 Pint Dehumidifiers are for residential spaces and basements up to 1,000 sq. ft. The DDR050BDWDB 50 pint low-temperature dehumidifiers quietly operate down to 41°F. Expert advice, ratings & reviews from our knowledgeable staff. Fast, free shipping and 30-day no-hassle return policy.
See all of our available Danby Dehumidifiers.
- Wants a quiet low temperature dehumidifier for a residential space or basement up to 1,000 square feet.
- Has a cold, damp basement and needs a low temperature dehumidifier that will operate down to 41°F.
- Would like the cost savings from an Energy Star rated dehumidifier.
- Would like several water removal options - choose from collection bucket or direct drainage or external condensate pump (sold separately) for pushing water up to 15 feet high.
- Low temperature operation down to 41°F
- One of our quietest, low temperature dehumidifiers
- 3 water drainage options:
- Drained into removable bucket
- Hook up an optional pump for constant drainage
- Gravity drain hose attachment using drain hose or standard garden hose (not included)
- Adjustable humidity setting between 30% and 90% in 5% increments
- Auto de-icer prevents ice build-up on coils
- 2 fan speeds
- Water full indicator light
- Removable air filter
- Digital display
- Caster wheels
- Energy star compliant
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The Danby Premiere 50 pint dehumidifier is a compact, quiet and highly effective machine designed to keep your home, office or basement dry and free of mold and mildew. Its compact design and easy to use controls make this a great choice for anyone looking to remove excess water at low temperatures.
- Covers up to 1000 square feet at temperatures as low as 41 degrees.
- Offers several drainage options: collection bucket, gravity drain or purchase a condensate pump.
- Removes up to 50 pint (6.25 gallons) of moisture per 24 hours.
- Compact design and caster wheels make the Danby easy to maneuver throughout your space.
- Energy Star rating and use of R410A refrigerant make this unit very eco-friendly and energy efficient.
- Auto defrost prevents ice build-up on coils and the auto restart will automatically turn the unit on after a power outage.
- No built-in pump but they are available to purchase.
Summary:Danby has built a solid reputation for building high quality yet affordable dehumidifiers. It is extremely quiet, making it convenient for not only basements but frequently inhabited areas as well. Our review team likes Danby's user-friendly digital controls, quiet operation and low energy consumption. If you are planning to use a dehumidifier in a room that is often occupied and thus sound may be a concern, the Danby DDR050BDWDB 50 pint dehumidifier is quiet enough to be placed in a bedroom.
Technical Specifications of Danby Premiere 50 Pint Dehumidifiers
|Danby Premiere 50 Pint Dehumidifiers|
|Coverage Area||Up to 1,000 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity|
|Water Removal Capacity||50 pints per day|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)||1.6|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|Operating Temperature Range||Down to 41°F|
|CFM||294 cfm on high speed|
|Bucket Capacity||14.2 pints|
|Bucket Position||Front of the unit|
|Noise Level||54.8 dBa|
|Direct hose connection for drainage|
|Direct hose connection for drainage||Yes|
|Power Supply||600 watts, 5.5 amps, 115V, 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||23 3/5"H x 15 1/4"W x 11"D|
|Weight (lbs)||35.8 lbs|