Austin Air Baby's Breath Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
A a result of COVID-19, this item is out of stock. For current availability or placing an order, please contact Customer Service at 888-236-7231 or by chat. You may also send an email to email@example.com with NOTIFICATION in the subject and the item name in the body. Thank you!
Pink and blue air purifiers by Austin Air for a baby nursery or child's bedroom. Cover up to 469 sq. ft. Austin Air Baby's Breath air purifiers reduce pollen, dust, dander, odors, gases and other contaminants from the air.
Free Shipping on All Austin Air Purifiers
See the entire family of Austin Air Purifiers.
- Has a baby or child who suffers from allergies, asthma or chemical sensitivities.
- Wants to make their baby’s nursery the healthiest environment.
- Wants an air purifier that is child-safe. This air purifier does not come with wheels and cannot be opened without a screwdriver.
- Wants a low maintenance air purifier with filters that need to be replaced approximately every 5 years.
- For removing sub-micron particles, noxious gases and chemicals
- Maximum coverage: up to 469 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: up to 156 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Baby’s nursery or small bedroom air purifier
- Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns
- Large particle pre-filter
- Medium particle pre-filter
- Activated military carbon cloth
- 30 sq. ft. true medical grade HEPA filter
- 3 fan speeds
- Creates a gentle hum of white noise to help baby sleep
- Manual controls
- 360° air intake, outflow from top side vent
- CSA, NRTL and CE approved
- Colors: Pink or Blue
- All steel construction with a powder coating paint finish
- Made in the USA
The Austin Air Baby’s Breath uses a 4-stage, 360-degree progressive filtering system. It provides a comprehensive air cleaning solution, removing allergens, asthma irritants, sub-micron particles, chemicals and noxious gases. Every minute this air purifier draws in 125 cubic feet of air through all four sides of the machine. The air first passes through the large particle pre-filter where dust, hair and pet dander are captured. The air then passes through the medium particle pre-filter where smaller particles such as mold spores and pollen are trapped. Next up is the true medical grade HEPA filter that removes tiny, lung-damaging particles and harmful micro-organisms like bacteria and viruses. The final stage of filtration is the activated military carbon cloth that removes chemicals, gases and odors including formaldehyde and ammonia. Clean, healthy air is then delivered into the room through a side vent at the top of the machine. In this filtration configuration the HEPA filter is placed before the carbon cloth prolonging the life of the active carbon.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||N/A|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The Austin Baby's Breath uses High Efficiency Gas Absorption (HEGA) filtration along with true HEPA filtration to remove a wide variety of airborne contaminates that can affect a baby's delicate respiratory system. The Baby's Breath's comprehensive level of filtration and baby blue or pink color makes this unit ideal for a nursery.
- Simple in design with a focus on comprehensive filtration. The Austin Air Baby’s Breath air purifier’s HEGA filtration design is good for smoke, gas and odor removal because the last stage of filtration is an activated carbon cloth that is the same quality as those used by the military and hospitals. The carbon cloth does not produce dust, therefore making it efficient for the air to pass through the HEPA filter first, capturing the particles and allowing the carbon cloth to absorb more gas because it is not getting plugged up with particles.
- Long lasting filters and minimal maintenance. We were initially impressed that the only maintenance required was to replacing the filter every 5 years and periodically vacuum the large pre-filter from outside the unit. After quite a few years of personal experience with the Austin Air air purifiers, we can report that when running them constantly 24/7, a more realistic life expectancy for the filter is 2 to 4 years, with the carbon becoming saturated before the HEPA filter. None the less, the filter is supported by a 5 year prorated guarantee.
- The Austin Air Baby’s Breath air purifier has a superior steel construction with a baked-on powder coat finish. This makes it a good, safe choice to avoid plastic off-gassing.
- Austin Air’s reputation is excellent and they have been in business for many years and stand behind their product with a 5 year warranty on parts and labor. They are also one of the only manufacturer’s to offer a 5 year pro-rated guarantee on their filters!
- The Austin Air Baby’s Breath air purifier is a great value choice offering high efficiency, comprehensive air filtration with low maintenance and costs. It’s a small price to pay to keep your new loved one safe and healthy as they grow and develop.
- Austin Air overstates the room coverage of the Baby’s Breath air purifiers at 700 sq. ft. Our testing team evaluated the actual delivered CFM of the Baby’s Breath air purifier on high speed and calculated a recommended room size of 156 sq. ft. to achieve 6 air changers per hour.
- The Austin Air Baby’s Breath air purifier is noisy on the high speed, and our reviewers agreed this speed is best suited for quick cleaning a room, like before you put baby down for a nap. The medium speed is a good choice if some background white noise is desired to drown out other sounds that could wake the baby. The low speed produces a low hum and is good for noise-sensitive sleepers.
- The Austin Air Baby’s Breath air purifier does not have a filter change indicator so you have to keep track of how long the filters have been in use and periodically check them. We suggest writing a date on the filter to help keep track of how long they have been in use. It is all too easy to forget or lose track of the filter's life over a period of 5 year.
- Replacing the filters is not a 60 second job. In order to access the filters, the air purifier must be turned upside down and the bottom plate removed. The bottom plate is attached by 4 screws so a screw driver is required to change the filters.
Summary:The Austin Air Baby's Breath air purifier is a great value choice that delivers complete filtration. With it's baby blue or pink color choice, the Austin Air Baby's Breath air purifier is best suited for use in a baby's nursery or a child's room. It is a great no-frills, durable air cleaner with the ability to remove high levels of particulates like dust, smoke, pet dander, bacteria, mold, as well as chemicals, gases, and odors that are harmful to a child's developing respiratory and immune system.
Technical Specifications of Austin Air Baby's Breath Air Purifiers
|Austin Air Baby's Breath Air Purifiers|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 469 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||1.0 amp, 120V|
|Energy Consumption||80 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||Low: 50 CFM, Medium: 100 CFM, High: 200 CFM|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Low: 31.25 CFM, Medium: 62.5 CFM, High: 125 CFM|
|Decibels||39.8 dB - 64.5 dB|
|Dimensions||16.5" H x 11"W x 11"D|
|Finish / Color|
|Finish / Color||Blue or Pink|
|Warranty||5 yr parts & labor
5 yr pro-rated filter guarantee
Video Reviews of Austin Air Baby's Breath Air Purifiers
Filters & Accessories for Austin Air Baby's Breath Air Purifiers
Austin Air Junior Replacement Large Particle Pre-Filters
Includes 1 large particle pre-filter for use with Austin Air Healthmate Jr, Healthmate Plus Jr, Hega Allergy Machine Jr, and Baby's Breath. Annual replacement recommended.
Black is used for Black, Silver and Midnight Blue machines and White is used for White and Sandstone machines.
Availability: In Stock. Ships within 1-2 Business Days.
AU AP JRPR
Austin Air Babys Breath Replacement Filter
All-inclusive replacement filter includes medium particle pre-filter, 30 sq. ft. true medical grade HEPA filter and HEGA activated military carbon cloth. Color: white. Replace every 5 years.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
AU AP HJFLWH
Austin Air Junior Air Purifier Caster Wheels
Includes 4 casters for the Austin Junior models. Available in 6 colors.
NOTE: If purchased at the same time as the Junior, casters will come installed. If purchased at a later date, casters will need to be installed. To attach, simple remove the 4 screws at the bottom of the unit, remove the existing bottom plate and replace with the new bottom plate that has the casters attached.
Availability: In Stock. Ships in 2 - 4 Weeks.
AU AP CASTERS