WhiteWing Defender Inflow Duct KitOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
The Whitewing Defender basement dehumidifier is designed for humid, cool spaces up to 2500 square feet. It features energy efficient, high-capacity moisture removal. Fast, Free shipping. See WhiteWing basement dehumidifier ratings & reviews.
Defender Inflow Duct Kit
Includes duct hood for top of unit, 8 ft. of 8' flex duct, a sheet metal boot, and 8' by 16' grill for the finished wall.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
- Designed for basement and crawlspace dehumidification
- Operation in environments with temperatures as low as 45°
- Digital humidity control with a range from 45% – 90% relative humidity
- Powerful 300 CFM motor ideal for air circulation
- Comes standard with MERV-11 plus Carbon air filtration
- Easy removal and installation of replacement filters
- Fan-only option allows fan operation with or without dehumidification
- Automatic defrost thermostat
- Automatic restart in the event of a power interruption
- Sturdy, protective steel housing
- Caster wheels for easy mobility
- Gravity drainage hose
- Optional condensation pump kit with tubing
- Optional duct kits for drying multiple rooms
- Energy Star rated
- UL listed
The Whitewing Defender uses a refrigeration system similar to an air conditioner’s to remove heat and moisture from incoming air and add heat to the air that is discharged.
Hot, high-pressure refrigerant gas is routed from the compressor to the condenser coil. The refrigerant is cooled and condensed by giving up its heat to the air that is about to be discharged from the unit. The refrigerant liquid then passes through a filter/ drier and capillary tubing, which cause the refrigerant pressure and temperature to drop. It next enters the evaporator coil where it absorbs heat from the incoming air and evaporates.
The evaporator operates in a flooded condition, which means that all the evaporator tubes contain liquid refrigerant during normal operation. A flooded evaporator should maintain constant pressure and temperature across the entire coil, from inlet ton outlet.
The mixture of gas and liquid refrigerant enter the accumulator after leaving the evaporator coil. The accumulator prevents any liquid refrigerant from reaching the compressor. The compressor evacuates the cool refrigerant gas from the accumulator and compresses it to a high pressure and temperature gas to repeat the process.
The Whitewing Defender basement dehumidifier is equipped with two air filters. An aluminum/ foam pre-filter followed by a standard MERV-11 plus Carbon 65% efficient pleated fabric filter. These should be checked every six months. Operating the unit with dirty filters will reduce dehumidifier capacity and efficiency and may cause the compressor to cycle off and on unnecessarily.
If dirty, the aluminum/ foam pre-filter can be vacuumed or carefully hand washed with warm water and mild detergent then rinsed and allowed to thoroughly dry. The pleated fabric filter can generally be vacuumed clean several times before needing replacement. Replacement filters can be ordered from this page by clicking on the Filters & Accessories tabs. DO NOT operate the unit without the filters or with a less effective filter. The heat exchange coils inside the unit could become clogged and require dis-assembly to clean.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
The high-capacity WhiteWing Defender dehumidifier is designed for use in basements, crawlspaces and can be used to dehumidify multiple areas with the use of air ducts. The Defender dehumidifier offers unparalleled moisture removal at lower energy consumption levels than competing dehumidifiers.
- This basement dehumidifier outperforms the competition by extracting more moisture while drawing lower energy levels.
- The digital humidistat allows you to precisely control the relative humidity in your space.
- Quiet operation, suitable for a utility room or basement.
- With its optional duct kit, it is the perfect solution for dehumidifying multiple rooms or areas.
- Designed to last for many years of use.
- The Defender dehumidifier will automatically restart after a power interruption.
- The included MERV-11 air filter removes particles down to 2 microns in size.
Summary:The Whitewing Defender basement dehumidifier will dry out your basement, protecting your home from excess moisture, mold, allergens and pests. In terms of initial investment and long term costs, there is simply no better solution available when shopping for a high capacity dehumidifier. The Defender is more than equipped to dry spaces from 2000 to 3000 square feet and can easily manage multiple rooms or a basement with an attached crawlspace. The Defender basement dehumidifier is well suited for larger homes, those with seepage issues, high water tables as well as coastal properties. If you are frustrated and tired of buying small, department store dehumidifiers that stop operating after a season of use, we highly recommend putting your money to good use and investing in the WhiteWing Defender dehumidifier. It will likely be the last basement dehumidifier you ever have to purchase.
Technical Specifications of Defender Inflow Duct Kit
|Defender Inflow Duct Kit|
Video Reviews of Defender Inflow Duct Kit
Filters & Accessories for Defender Inflow Duct Kit
- Free curbside delivery service* is included with your purchase.
- WhiteWing Defender basement dehumidifiers are shipped via a freight carrier and require a delivery appointment. The freight carrier will contact you to set the date of delivery.
Some rural areas may have issues with larger trucks and additional fees may apply to deliver to these areas.