Friedrich AP260 Air PurifierOur Expert Rating:
The Friedrich AP260 Air Purifier has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
This Air Purifier has been Discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Coway Smart Air Purifier. Replacement filters are available for purchase below.
- 5-stage filtration system for efficient air cleaning
- Washable pre-filter for large particle removal
- Antibacterial/ antifungal multi-filter
- HEPA filter for removal of the smallest particles
- Carbon filter for odor removal
- Plasma generator for eliminating viruses and bacteria
- Color coded LED air quality display
- Intelligent air quality sensor
- Automatic set it and forget it mode
- Stylish, modern design
- Night mode automatically dims the display
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Three fan speeds
- Convenient remote control
- AHAM rated and verified
- Energy Star Certified
- 5-Year warranty
- Made in China
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The Friedrich AP260 is a welcome addition to the air purifier portfolio at AllergyBuyersClub.com. This is not just another slick looking air purifier in the crowd, but rather offers surprisingly good purification results at a reasonable price. Designed to accommodate areas up to 260 square feet, the Friedrich AP260 will automatically sense changes in air quality and make fan speed adjustments as needed. Ideal for the bedroom or smaller rooms in the home.
- 5-Stage filtration system effectively removes pollen, dust, mold, bacteria and smoke from the air.
- The LED air quality display makes monitoring air quality easy.
- Automatic operation powered by the intelligent air quality sensor lets you set it and forget it.
- Ultra-quiet operation makes the AP260 perfect for a bedroom, office or living area.
- Night mode automatically dims the air quality display and control panel lights.
- Certifications from AHAM and Energy Star provide performance, quality and efficiency assurance.
- Handsome aesthetic will fit well into most rooms.
- The plasma generator in our test unit makes a faint, almost squeaky sound. This is simply remedied by turning off the plasma operation.
- There is no filter replacement indicators.
Summary:This air purifier from Friedrich offers a lot of attractive features to customers looking for an effective air purifier for smaller areas. The AP260 quietly cleans the air in rooms up to 260 square feet, which means it is ideal for most bedrooms, office and smaller living areas. While this air purifier is feature rich, we believe that it will likely appeal to customers looking for a set it and forget air quality solution. And the Friedrich delivers about 90% of their needs but does lack a filter replacement indicator. This means that customers will have to know and monitor the filter replacement intervals. That aside, this is a great choice if your looking for good looks, quiet operation, automatic operation and impressive particle removal.
Technical Specifications of Friedrich AP260 Air Purifier
|Friedrich AP260 Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||260 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||110-120 V|
|Energy Consumption||Low (8 watts); Med (15 watts); High (56 watts)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Dust (175); Pollen (176); Smoke (168)|
|Dimensions||26.37"H x 15"W x 9.5" D|
|Finish / Color|
|Finish / Color||White|
|Fan Speeds||3 + Auto|
|Agency Approvals||AHAM, Energy Star, CARB|