The product you are viewing is on backorder or is experiencing shipping delays. For a HEPA air purifier solution that can ship immediately, we recommend the QuietPure Home Air Purifier.
- Removes dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses, pet dander and common household odors
- Purifies rooms up to 1,278 Sq. Ft.
- Captures 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns
- Industry leading 3-stage filter
IQAir New Edition GC Series Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
Customers Also Bought
- Wants to reduce gases and odors caused by tobacco smoke, smog, diesel fuel, VOCs, ammonia and more.
- Needs to be able to create a clean room or safe room environment.
- Needs to get rid of tobacco smoke and odors. The best advice is to open the doors and banish the smokers to the outside. Then turn on your IQAir Multigas air purifier to clear the air. Next, to really rid the odors embedded in furnishings and drapes and bedding, we recommend using a vapor steam cleaner .
- For reduction of a wide-range or specific gaseous chemicals and odors
- Maximum coverage: up to 1125 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: up to 375 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Designed for use in residential or commercial environments
- Total system efficiency of 99% for particles 0.3 microns and larger and 95% at .003 microns
- GC HEPA Pre-filter captures coarse and ultra-fine particles, 99% efficiency at 0.3 microns and larger (EN1822 class 11)
- GC MultiGas™ Gas & Odor filter cartridge set: 12 lbs. granular activated carbon & impregnated alumina
- GC Post-filter sleeve set to capture carbon dust from gas & odor filters
- Triple seal design prevents air leakage
- 6 fan speeds
- Fan motor: 2750 rpm, centrifugal, backward curved fan
- 4-key touch-pad with 16 character 2-line LCD display
- Remote control (batteries included)
- Display languages: English, French, German or Spanish
- Intelligent filter life monitor bases on actual use, speed setting and air quality conditions
- Individual filter life status LED indicators
- Daily programmable timer for Monday - Sunday
- Timer status LED
- Air intake through dual side arches at base of unit
- Air outflow through 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser at top of unit
- Certified Ozone-free by the IAACM
- CSA rated for continuous operation under applicable UL and CSA standards, BSMI
- 4 casters
- Color: light grey with blue locking arms
- Housing: non-off gassing, impact resistant, UV stabilized ABS plastic
- Performance certification: each unit is individually tested and certified for performance efficiency before it leave the factory in Switzerland
- 10-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Important Notice: 120V Model
- This air cleaner is safety tested and approved for the voltage requirements in the U.S., Canada and Mexico only.
- This air cleaner will be damaged if plugged into a 220-240V outlet.
- The use of a transformer or adapter will not prevent the risk of damage.
- This product has no warranty coverage when used outside North America.
These air purifiers take in air from the bottom of the unit, the air is passed through the pre filter, then through the fan, then through the carbon media, the post filter and the air is vented out of the sides just below the top of the unit.
One thing to remember about all air purifiers is that the effectiveness of the air purifier depends upon the rate of re-contamination. For instance, if you want to get rid of tobacco smoke and you continue to have smokers in your environment, the air purifier will not be as effective, nor will the filters last as long.
Air cleaners can reduce chemicals and odors from the air, but not those embedded in upholstery, draperies, clothing and carpet. To do that you must use a vapor steam cleaner. If you continue to recontaminate the area, you will be in a constant cycle of air purification and vapor steam cleaning.
Learn more about protecting your family from Viruses, Biological Contaminants, Allergens, Bacteria and Chemicals.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The IQAIR GC Series air purifiers are for those with serious chemical and odor issues. They offer a choice of gas filter media based on what the consumer is trying to reduce from their environment. IQAIR has managed to provide an air cleaner with above average carbon media without sacrificing particulate filtration. As with all IQAIR air purifiers, the GC series has all of the features and benefits we have come to expect.
- Robust Pre-filter is a high efficiency, high-capacity tightly pleated filter pack that is actually a H11 rated HEPA filter which means it will remove 98% of all particulates 0.3 of a micron and larger. It will help prolong the life of the 4 carbon filter cartridges.
- Electrostatic Post-Filter Sleeves are provided for each of the carbon filter cartridges to complete the filtration of any remaining particulates needing to be removed including any carbon leaving the cartridges. It will achieve 99.97% efficiency at removing particulates 0.3 of a micron and larger.
- More Gas Phase Media: A GC air purifier has much more carbon media than most comparably priced models. The four high capacity filter cartridges each provide a specific type of gaseous contaminant, chemical, or voc control. The cartridges are cylindrical in shape and have a large surface area that promotes chemical reduction and ensures a high air flow rate within the machine.
- Maximum room coverage of up to 1000 square feet: when running these units on the medium speeds it will clean a room up to 600 square feet.
- Good for bedroom use with lower than average noise level on the first two fan speeds, on the third speed it is a pleasant quiet background hum, speed 4 is a bit noisy but some users will tolerate it, and like all HEPA air purifiers, it is fairly noisy on speed 5 & 6. These high speeds are best suited for quick cleaning when you are not in the room or at home.
- Advanced controls and remote: one of the big pluses of the IQAIR GC Series is its control options. While we did not see the need for the remote control, we were impressed with the ability to set the machine to go on and off at certain pre-designated times and fan speeds. The four key touch pad displays the programming timer status, filter life and status, and fan speed.
- Easy to change filters: the pre-filter is situated in the bottom module and is easy to access, remove, and replace, the 4 carbon filter cartridge’s bottom knobs are lined up with the grooves in the housing and a slight turn tightens them into place. Finally, the post filter sleeves are slid over each carbon filter cartridge. Although a bit tricky, patience will result in this being completed without too much difficulty.
- Constructed of non-off gassing ABS materials that are UV stabilized and high impact resistant.
- 3-D Ultra seal design is a three-dimensional seal between the filter element and the housing of the air cleaner that does not allow any air to by-pass the filters so all the air is cleaned.
- Carbon filter air-tight design: each of the 4 filters are cylindrical in design and fit over the opening above the fan. When they are turned along the grooves to lock in place they become air tight; the only path for the air is to go up through the inside of each filter, pass through the carbon media, and out the sides. Since the filters are sealed at the top there is no way any of the air can by-pass the filter and the only way out is through the carbon.
- Filter change indicator light is provided for each of the 3 filters and it displays green until 20% of the filter life remains, orange when 20% remains, red when 10% remains, and flashing red when none remains which is when you should replace it, although you should order your replacement when it indicates orange or red.
- Has been in business since the 1960’s selling air purifying products in hospitals and industrial clean-rooms.
- Certified performance: each IQAIR air purifier is measured at the factory and certified by the quality control engineer who tested it. Included in each box is a certificate of performance in air delivery, filter leakage, and particle filtration efficiency.
- Quality of Filters: IQAIR designs and manufactures all of their filters so you can be assured of the quality which includes the completion of the tight seal to the housing to eliminate bypassing to attain 100% filtration.
- Value for the price: although it costs more than most air purifiers on the market what IQAIR provides in the way of quality, design, and performance strongly outweighs the higher than normal price tag.
- If quiet is the paramount feature you are looking for above all else, the GC Series is not our quietest air purifier, although they are far from the noisiest, especially when run on the lower fan speeds.
- It would be nice if it had an automatic setting including dust & odor sensors to regulate the fan speed.
- Even though one does not need to replace all 3 filters at the same time, the 2 most expensive filters, the carbon filter cartridges and the post filter sleeves, are replaced simultaneously which is something to be aware of.
Summary:The IQAIR GC Air Purifiers are recommended for those who are chemically sensitive or primarily need to remove airborne chemicals, and odors from their indoor environment. We were impressed that IQAIR is able to design a machine to address specific gaseous issues while maintaining excellent particulate removal efficiency. We recognize that the price tag and cost of filter maintenance are high, but you get what you pay for with this machine. The GC series is not for everyone, however when one’s environment is such that specific chemicals and odors are the priority to resolve, it is nice to know there is a product that will efficiently and effectively address the issue.
IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier
IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier
- For control of wide-range gaseous organic and inorganic chemicals including tobacco smoke
- Gas-phase filter media: 12 lbs. of activated bituminous-coal carbon combined with alumina pellets impregnated with potassium permanganate
- Targets: Acetic acid, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylonitrile, 1.3 Butadiene, Butyric acid, Carbon disulfide, Chlorine dioxide, Cresol, Cyclohexanone, Diethylamine, Dimethylamine, Ethanol, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylate, Ethylamine, Formic acid, Hydrogen chloride, Isoprene, Isopropanol, Methanol, Methyl acrylate, Methyl disulfide, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methyl sulfid, Methyl vinyl ketone, Methylamine, Nitroglycerine, Ozone, Phenol, Skatole, Styrene, Sulfur trioxide, Trichloroethylene, Tri hylamine, Trimethylamine, Vinyl chloride
Technical Specifications of IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier
|IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier|
|Size||W 15 x D 16 x H 28|
|Model Number||GC MultiGas|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||Up to 1125 sq. ft|
|Power Requirements||110-120V AC, 60Hz|
|Energy Consumption||Speed 1-6: 27, 53, 92, 121, 154, 215 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||780 cfm|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-6: 40, 75, 130, 170, 200, 300 cfm|
|Decibels||Speed 1-6: 35, 46, 54, 60, 64, 69 dB(A)|
|Dimensions||28"h x 15"w x 16"d|
|Pre-filter||HEPA Pre-Filter H11|
|Particle Filter||Post-Filter Sleeve Set|
|Carbon Filter||GC MultiGas Filter Cartridge Set|
|Carbon weight||12 lbs.|
Video Reviews of IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier
IQAir GC (H11S) HEPA-type Pre-filter
Includes 1 replacement pre-filter for the GC series and Dental series air purifiers. H11S HEPA-type pre-filter. Replace every 6-13 months depending on use. (Item# 102-10-12-00).
IQ AP GCPRE
IQAir GC Post Filter Sleeves Set of 4
Includes 4 cloth sleeves to cover the gas cartridges use on the GC series & Dental series air purifiers. Replace every 12-30 months depending on use. (Item #102-50-10-00).
IQ AP GCFLSLV
IQAir GC Multigas Gas Cartridge Set
Includes 4 granular wide spectrum cartridges (260 IA/4-AC/4) for the GC Multigas air purifier. Replace every 12-30 months depending on use. (Item #102-40-16-00).
IQ AP GCMCART
IQAir GC MultiGas Complete Filter Replacement Kit
Includes 1 H11S HEPA-type pre-filter, 4 Multigas cartridges, 4 post filter sleeves. Item# 102-10-12-00, 102-40-16-00 & 102-50-10-00. Complete filter replacement for the IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier.
IQ AP GCMFRK
IQAir PF40 Coarse Dust Pre-Filtration Kit
Kit includes an upper grille which screws into the air purifier's base, a lower grille that is secured by four clips and 3 coarse dust pre-filter pads. A filter pad may be washed several times before it needs to be replaced. (Item# 210-50-00-00).
IQ AP PF40PRE
IQAir Replacement Coarse Dust Pre-Filter Pads
Includes 5 replacement coarse dust pre-filter pads for use with PF40 Coarse Dust Pre-Filtration Kit. Wash as needed. Replace every 3-6 months. (Item# 120-60-10-00).
IQ AP PF40PADS
IQAir GC (H11S) HEPA-type Pre-filter - Auto Renewal Program
Includes 1 replacement pre-filter for the GC series and Dental series air purifiers. H11S HEPA-type pre-filter. Replace every 6-13 months depending on use. (Item# 102-10-12-00). Available auto-replacement shipment intervals: 6, 9 or 13 months
IQ AP GPRP
IQAir GC Multigas Cartridge Set - Auto Renewal Program
Includes 4 granular wide spectrum cartridges (260 IA/4-AC/4) for the GC Multigas air purifier. Replace every 12-30 months depending on use. (Item #102-40-16-00). Available auto-replacement shipment intervals: 12, 20 or 30 months
IQ AP GCRP