US Steam White Tail US600 Steam Cleaners
The US Steam White Tail all-purpose vapor steam cleaner is perfect for weekly use, cleaning deep into surfaces to remove dirt, grease and other particles from nearly every surface in your home. Fast free shipping. See expert ratings and reviews.
- Mid-range residential steam cleaner
- Pressure gauge for maintaining the ideal steam level
- Includes high-grade accessory set for multiple uses
- Reservoir-based steam cleaner with durable aluminum boiler
- Low water indicator light with automatic shut-off
- Interior copper tubing and brass threaded fittings
- Metal, epoxy enamel coated casing
- Bumper guard around center of body
- Detachable 8' steam hose for easy storage
- Sturdy caster wheels for easy maneuverability
- Safety on/off trigger on handle
- Safety cap
- Optional trolley cart available
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Steam Quality - Temperature, Pressure & Dryness|
|2. Quality of Accessories & Easy To Put On and Takeoff|
|3. Ability to Maintain Dry Steam and Pressure|
|4. Quality of Boiler & Overall Machine Construction|
|5. Tank Capacity & Length of Cleaning Time Per Tankfull|
|6. Heat Up Time|
|7. Ability To Regulate Steam – Quantity of Adjustment Levels & Location (on the handle or unit)|
|8. Length of Power Cord, Hose & Overall Operating Radius|
|9. Maneuverability & Ease of Use|
|10. Safety Features|
|11. Manufacturer's Credibility Including Return Policy & Warranty|
|12. Value For the Price|
Good things come in small packages, or at least they do in the White Tail. When our product research team finished evaluating the White Team they looked at each other and said, 'who is going to believe that such a great steam cleaner is so inexpensive?'. The team had a hard time finding anything wrong with it at all, and the secret is as much on the inside as outside.
This US Steam White Tail vapor steam cleaner is, comparatively speaking, an entry-level to mid-range machine in the market. Our remarks are tempered by the fact that you cannot expect this machine to perform at quite the same level of effectiveness as one costing several hundred dollars more in price. In the vapor steam product range, increased price means a definite increase in performance, warranty length, steam temperature, quality of attachments and boiler.
The number of good things about the White Tail are impressive to say the least.
- Durability and Quality of Construction:
- Metal, epoxy enamel coated casing: This metal and enamel finish will add to its durability over the years.
- Enclosed circuit board: if any moisture gets into this machine, it will not short out.
- Copper tubing and brass threaded fittings: The interior connections of the White Tail steam cleaner are copper tubing and brass threaded fittings instead of the more usual rubber. Rubber breaks down or rots over time.
- Commercial grade attachments: are exactly the same as have been used by the manufacturer in their commercial grade steam cleaners with success over many years. We were impressed with the range and quality of attachments offered in the standard package for such an inexpensive machine. We missed a couple of our favorite attachments from higher end machines but make no mistake - this little machine has a good array of attachments and can pretty much tackle anything you throw at it.
- Good quality aluminum boiler with a heating plate. While stainless steel will heat up faster, it is usually quite thin in the cheaper machines, and if stainless steel gets pitted because of minerals in the water, it can become susceptible to pinholes and leaks. If you cannot afford the top of the line in stainless steel boilers, this is a good alternative.
- Value: There is no doubt in our minds that the White Tail steam cleaner offers extraordinary value and has the quality of a machine that is usually considerably more expensive.
- Weight: One of the objections we have had about a number of steam cleaners, is that in order to find performance, you need to use a machine that is either quite heavy or bulky. The White Tail weighs in at 14.5lbs without water and is the lightest weight steam cleaner we sell, but still packs in the performance.
- Safety: There is an on-off trigger on the handle which is an excellent safety feature, so you will not accidentally leave the steam running. In the unlikely circumstance of excess pressure the safety cap allows a valve to release pressure through the cap, so the steam would not harm the operator of the machine. There is a pressure gauge which has a red zone for when the pressure is too high. A number of inexpensive machines skimp on including a pressure gauge, which we find invaluable. The steam cleaner will shut itself off automatically when the water level becomes too low and the machine needs refilling.
- Chemical Free Cleaning: For most home applications, one of the biggest advantages of steam cleaners is chemical-free cleaning. However, in some circumstances where the use of chemicals become a necessity, spraying lightly with a natural cleaning agent, then following up with steam, will reduce the use of chemicals and enhance their effectiveness.
- Effective in cleaning a variety of surfaces, including what appear to be hard surfaces, because the 'hard' surface is actually porous, and the steam will pull the dirt out of the material such as a kitchen counter top.
- Household cleaning tasks where we found the White Tail to Sing: We decided to use distilled water, which is preferable but not essential, but found that the steam smelled better and came out hotter by doing so.
- Faster going over carpets to kill dust mites: The White Tail has a cover included for its large floor brush, which made going over carpets to kill dust mites to be much faster and more effective than if one had used just a towel over the bristles.
- Half normal speed on mattresses to kill dust mites: We used the large triangular brush covered with a towel over mattresses at half normal speed to kill dust mites. This process MUST be followed up by vacuuming the mattress (we recommend using a HEPA vacuum).
- Terrific on hardwood floors: We sprayed a little Murphy's Oil Soap onto our hardwood floors and found that in combination with steam, this does a terrific job. We also sprayed some Murphy's onto the towel of the large triangular brush and were impressed by the results.
- Cleaning white grout: We used our small 1' round nylon nozzle brush for white grout (the brass one would turn it black!) and were favorably impressed by the results. We found you can do a slightly less thorough, but quicker cleaning by tilting the large triangle brush to one side as an alternative to the round 1' nylon brush. This method appeared to clean more square footage faster.
- Oven Cleaning: Ovens are a problem in our household, so we used the 1-inch round brass brush attached to the one hold nozzle on medium steam pressure, and steamed over the entire oven surface slowly, inside and out. All the baked in food and grease came up after several strokes. It's important to always move slowly to allow heat to break away residue that has stuck to the oven's surface. We were careful not to scrub heavily as warned in the owner's manual, so that we didn't damage the enamel inside the oven.
- Killing Mold: Steam cleaning with high temperatures can kill mold, but some molds have a hard coat over the spore and are particularly resistant to destruction. We used the White Tail on mold on a ceiling by using the large rectangular brush with 1 towel. Since we had latex paint on our ceiling, we followed the owner's manual by using the nozzle about 5' off the ceiling to pre-steam the moldy spots, then wiped gently with a towel, and that worked well. For really persistent mold, the use of some diluted bleach in 1:4 parts water, sprayed on the infected area and immediately followed up by hot steam, usually does the trick. A surgical mask is recommended if you need to go this far.
- No continuous refill - will need to wait for machine to cool down for refilling
- Aluminum boiler is not as durable as steel
Summary:The US Steam White Tail US600 steam cleaner is an incredible value for the money. It is one of our lightest steam cleaners that we carry, very durable with good quality parts and has plenty of safety features built into the machine. A very large variety of high quality steam cleaner tools are included with the standard package.
If you are just getting into steam cleaning for the first time, the White Tail is a respectable choice at a price which will not do damage to your pocket book.
Technical Specifications of US Steam White Tail US600 Steam Cleaner
|US Steam White Tail US600 Steam Cleaner|
|Operating Pressure||60 psi, 3 - 4.5 bar|
|Tank Capacity||3 liters|
|Heat up time|
|Heat up time||10-15 minutes|
|Operating Time||Up to 2 hours|
|Power Cord Length|
|Power Cord Length||13'|
|Boiler Construction||High grade aluminum alloy|
|Wattage & Power Consumption|
|Wattage & Power Consumption||1400W, 12.9 amps, 120V|
|Dimensions||12'W x 11'D x 11'H|
|Weight (without water):|
|Weight (without water):||14.5 lbs|
|Warranty||1-year manufacturers limited warranty|