Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool PillowsOur Expert Rating:
Certified organic wool pillows from Sleep & Beyond. Wool filled pillow with organic cotton cover is 100% chemical free, hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites and allergens.
Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Pillow
Filled with 91 oz./sq. yd. of certified organic merino wool. Encased in 100% organic cotton percale, 270 thread count. Medium-firm. Standard or Queen.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships out within 1 - 2 business days.
NOTE: All opened bedding products (i.e. pillows, pillow cases, comforters, sheets, encasings) cannot be returned.
- Is allergic to down feathers, polyester fibers, dust mites, mold or mildew.
- Has multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and needs bedding that has absolutely no traces of chemicals.
- Like a full-feeling pillow that provides firm and resilient support.
Being an organic product, this pillow may initially have a natural wool aroma. Air it out for 24 to 48 hours to dissipate. Regular sunning and airing will naturally revitalize and disinfect the pillow. Spot clean only with soft brush and mild detergent. Air dry. Do not machine wash or dry. Dry cleaning is not recommended because of harsh and toxic chemicals involved during the process.
Sleep & Beyond manufacturing facilities are located in Kyrgyz Republic and are ISO and Fair Trade certified. Their certified organic cotton is hand planted and handpicked in the southern parts of India. The certified organic wool is from Australian Kyrgyz superfine merino sheep. The sheep graze on pesticide and herbicide free lands receiving daily amounts of sunlight and nutrition. Wool fiber requires no chemicals to be created and no sheep are harmed or killed during the shearing. Sheep are sheared only once a year. Sleep & Beyond’s organic wool products are a socially conscious choice.
- Responsibly manufactured using 100% certified organic materials and fair trade manufacturing processes.
- A safe choice for someone who has MCS. This pillow does not outgas chemicals because there are no chemicals used to make the fabric, fill or end product. It has also been tested to be completely free of arsenic, lead and VOC’s.
- Hypoallergenic and allergy free. This pillow does not contains synthetic fibers or down feathers which can cause reactions and harbor allergens. No need for a dust mite or allergen barrier pillow cover.
- Wool breathes more naturally than down or synthetic fills and wicks moisture away from the body more efficiently. This keeps the pillow dry and comfortable to sleep on.
- Wool helps regulate body temperature and heart rate. This allows you to achieve a more restful, deep sleep.
- Wool consistently outperformed synthetic and down fibers in resiliency. Wool’s natural springiness relieves pressure points and muscle aches as it is able to recover 95% of its original shape when compressed.
- Wool pillows are suitable for a variety of climates and year round use.
- Wool is a safe and healthy bedding that naturally resists dust mites, mold, mildew and fire.
- Wool and cotton are renewable, sustainable and biodegradable fibers; an eco-friendly bedding choice.
- The Sleep & Beyond wool pillow is an investment that can last for years when properly cared for.
- This pillow is not machine washable. It is spot clean only.
- Wool has a natural aroma. If the wool aroma bothers you, air the pillow in the sun for a day or two to help dissipate the wool smell.
- Though this pillow should last for many years, it will naturally compress over time.
- Wool fill has a firm and resilient feel. If you are hoping for a soft, lofty, squish-able pillow like down or poly fill, this may not be the best pillow for you.
Summary:The Sleep & Beyond certified organic wool pillow is firm yet supportive and delivers a dry, comfortable place to sleep. We did notice the wool aroma but it dissipates when aired out and you do become use to it. We would highly recommend this wool pillow for someone allergic to polyester fiber, down feathers or dust mites, or for those who have multiple chemical sensitivities. It is a safe and healthy choice for you and your family. Plus, you can rest assured no chemicals or harmful substances were used to make it and no animals were harmed in the process either.
Technical Specifications of Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Pillow
|Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Pillow|
Video Reviews of Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Pillow
Filters & Accessories for Sleep & Beyond Certified Organic Wool Pillow
|Standard||20"x26"||1.5 lbs||91 oz/sq. yd.|
|Queen||20"x30"||2.5 lbs||91 oz/sq. yd.|