Certified Organic Cotton Dust Mite Mattress Covers
Certified organic mattress cover for dust mite allergy protection. Tested and proven dust mite barrier covers for mattress or box spring. 100% chemical free, SKAL certified organic cotton. Available in a variety of mattress depths and sizes.
- SKAL Certified Organic Cotton Fabric: Skal is a Dutch International Inspection & Certification Organization. Skal was founded in 1985 as an inspection organization for organic production methods. Skal offers certainty to the consumer that an 'organic' product really originates from an organic production process.
- Proven Barrier to Dust Mites and their allergens: these mattress and pillow covers have been tested by an IBT Reference Lab to prove their efficiency at keeping dust mites and their allergens from passing through the fabric.
- Small 6 micron pore size: Dust mites range in size from 10-40 microns, but their debris and feces can be much smaller. Therefore, in order to TRULY prevent allergies from dust mites, you need an encasement like these, with a 6 micron pore size. For woven fabrics, a pore size of 6 microns or less is effective at blocking the passage of dust mites and common indoor allergens below detectable limits. (Research results, Univ of Virginia,1999).
- 100% Chemical-free, undyed organic fabric: made from one of the only manufacturers who truly produce chemical free organic fabric. These dust mite covers have been tested for VOCs by the manufacturer to back their claim. They also do not use dye or bleaching agents of any kind on their encasement fabric.
- Soft and lightweight: 440 thread count fabric is heat pressed to tighten the fibers and offers a smooth feel.
- Zipper Closures: covers feature nylon zippers for secure, durable, easy-glide closure. Mattress covers zip on 3 sides for an easy fit; pillow zip along one end.
- Full Range of Sizes and Depths: mattress covers available in Twin, Twin extra-long, Full, Queen, King and California King in a range of depths that will fit mattresses from 6 to 16 inches in depth.
Machine wash and dry up to 140 degrees. Can also be hung dry. We recommending washing every 3-4 months or as needed if soiled.
Made from Certified Organic Barrier Fabric imported from Germany. Sewn in the USA.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets - no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Lab tested for barrier efficiency with an average pore size of 6 microns
- Small pore size of 6 microns will prevent the passage of dust mites and the majority of their allergens
- Fabric is soft and supple to the touch
- Breathable, quiet and comfortable to sleep on
- Easy to use nylon zippers are durable and will not snag like metal zippers
- Undyed, unbleached fabric is perfect for those with sensitive skin
- SKAL certified organic cotton
- Manufactured 100% chemical free, safe for those with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Organic cotton is more expensive than natural cotton or synthetic covers
- Pore size is not as small as some of the other encasement fabric we carry, but pore size is still small enough to be a proven barrier to dust mites and their allergens. The 6 micron pore size may not be as effective as smaller pore sizes or a laminate fabric at blocking allergens.
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
- 1 year warranty is disappointing on a quality product like this.
Summary:We are very pleased to offer these certified organic cotton dust mite barrier covers to our customers. These dust mite covers have been manufactured with the utmost care to ensure a quality product that is not only tested and certified to be organic by SKAL, but has also been tested by IBT Reference Lab to be a proven allergen barrier after performing a "use simulation test" that attempts to determine if dust mite allergens will pass through the fabric as a result of your movement in bed. On top of the certification and testing, these barrier covers are manufactured using absolutely no chemicals or dyes. The fabric is soft and lightweight, and offers an easy fit with sturdy, nylon zippers. The mattress covers zip along 3 sides to facilitate the process of putting them on.
Certified Organic Cotton Mattress Cover
Technical Specifications of Certified Organic Cotton Mattress Cover
|Certified Organic Cotton Mattress Cover|
Video Reviews of Certified Organic Cotton Mattress Cover
Filters & Accessories for Certified Organic Cotton Mattress Cover
|Mattress Barrier Covers|
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Available Depths (inches)|
|Twin||38 x 75||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|Twin XL||38 x 80||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|Full||53 x 75||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|Queen||60 x 80||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|King||76 x 80||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|California King||72 x 84||8, 10, 12, 14, 16|
|Pillow Barrier Covers (Set of two)|
|Standard||20 x 26|
|Queen||20 x 32|
|King||20 x 36|