Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-FillOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
The Ogallala Comfort Company's Wildwood Soft Hypodown® pillow features a double-layer construction with a 280-thread count organic cotton cover. This pillow is unbleached, undyed, chemical free and environmentally friendly. Color: ecru. 800-fill power. Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King. See our expert rating & reviews.
Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill
Firmness: soft. Hypodown® 800-fill. 280-thread count. Double shell. Organic and naturally processed.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Within 2-3 Business Days.
NOTE: All opened bedding products (i.e. pillows, pillow cases, comforters, sheets, encasings) cannot be returned.
0% interest for 12 months* for qualifying purchases every day! 12 equal monthly payments Required.
See our Complete Selection of Ogallala Bedding.
Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill are ideal for someone who...
- Suffers from asthma or allergies and needs a down pillow that will not trigger an allergic reaction
- Wants a pillow that is organic, chemical free and truly hypoallergenic
- Would like a pillow with a high fill power and double-layered construction for a comfortable night's sleep
- Wants a down pillow that meets the RDS (Responsible Down Standard) certified down standard
- Hypodown® fill of 80% white goose down and 20% Syriaca clusters
- Firmness: soft
- Double-layer construction
- 280-thread count cambric cotton cover
- Organic, eco-friendly, unbleached, undyed and chemical-free
- Color: ecru with speckling
- Responsible Down Standard Certified
- OEKO-TEX® certified
- Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King
- Manufacturer's 15-year guarantee
|Hypodown® is Hypoallergenic
Goose down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining on the down after washing and processing. Our duvets and pillows are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down allergies.
Note: Hypodown® has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown® without having a reaction.
|Syriaca clusters are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause allergic reactions. Syriaca floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself. When syriaca floss and goose down are combined, the floss traps and suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound of Syriaca clusters.|
The At-Home Laundering Instruction - the “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and does void any warranty coverage. We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals. However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
- Use a large-capacity front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
- Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc), or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite. Washing machine settings should be on cold water, and cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
- After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
- Dry in a large-capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes – you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
Thread count of pillow:
These beautiful hypoallergenic white goose down pillows have a thread count of 280. Thread count is the number of threads per inch of a fabric. The higher the count, the smoother and silkier the fabric feels. The higher thread count also provides a stronger barrier to any of the fill escaping from the pillow.
How are Hypodown® pillows made?
- Down is harvested during the natural molting process from farm raised geese; the cleanest, fluffiest down is sought after
- The processing team captures large syriaca clusters extracted from the finest pods in U.S. farms, and transfers them to the patented Hypodown Blender
- The Hypodown blender combines the syriaca clusters and goose down
- Forced air whirls and twirls, mixing the two fibers creating Hypodown
- A 280-thread count double pillow shell is unbleached, undyed ecru-colored 100% cotton fabric, specially constructed to contain the Hypodown fill
OEKO-TEX® standard is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The standards are globally binding and reviewed/modified/expanded each year. The test parameters include: (1) substances banned by law, (2) substances regulated by law, (3) substances know to be harmful to health which have not yet been explicitly regulated by law, and (4) parameters for safeguarding health.
OEKO-TEX® products are tested for formaldehyde, pesticides, extractable heavy metals, organochloride carriers as well as preservatives such as tetra and pentachlorophenol. Textiles are also tested for banned carcinogenic and proven allergenic substances and must have skin-friendly pH values and acceptable color fastness.
The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are 16 independent accredited facilities for textile testing and research and the Association currently operates 50 contact offices in all important global regions of textile production.
- Hypodown® pillows are hypoallergenic and will not cause an allergic reaction
- Hypodown® is renewable, natural, biodegradable, recyclable and efficient, and it reduces carbon footprints and reduces energy
- Hypodown® protects the monarch butterfly habitat—Ogallala Comfort Company turned their milkweed farms into butterfly sanctuaries that enrich the environment and the economy
- Syriaca (milkweed fibers) and goose down are among the lowest carbon footprint of any natural fill material
- Hypodown® wicks moisture away from your body for a comfortable night's sleep
- Its 800-fill, double-layer construction will cradle your head for a restful night's sleep
- The manufacturer offers a long, 15-year guarantee
Summary:The Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Soft Hypodown® pillow will provide you with a comfortable and healthy night's sleep. The pillow is naturally processed with organic, undyed, unbleached, chemical-free and environmentally-friendly materials. Its double-layer construction consists of a 280-thread count cambric cotton cover and a Hypodown® fill that will not cause allergic reactions. This beautifully-hand-crafted pillow is made to last and is covered by a manufacturer's 15-year guarantee.
Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill
Technical Specifications of Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill
|Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill|
|Pillow covering||Cambric cotton|
|Fill||80% white goose down, 20% Syriaca clusters|
|Dimensions||Standard: 20" x 26"
Queen: 20" x 30"
King: 20" x 36"
Video Reviews of Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill
Filters & Accessories for Ogallala Wildwood Organic Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 800-Fill
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||900 Fill Weight|
|Standard||20" x 26"||12 oz.|
|Queen||20" x 30"||15 oz.|
|King||20" x 36"||18 oz.|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.