Organic Vapor Screening Kit for the Home or Office
Organic Vapor Screen Check monitors about seventy different chemicals. This includes almost all the common vapors that can be found in indoor air.
Organic Vapor Screening Kit for the Home or Office are ideal for someone who...
- Needs a test kit that will efficiently monitor about seventy different chemicals at a desired test site.
- Is moving into a new home or apartment and needs to find out the indoor environmental conditions.
- Is an Educator, School and Plant Operator, Industrial Hygienist, Teacher, HVAC Engineer, Building Maintenance Supervisor, Test and Balance Professional, Real Estate Professional, Insurance Claim Adjuster, Homeowner, Hospital Engineer, Physician, Occupational Health and Safety Professional.
- Measures over 50 compounds including Benzene, Toluene, Acetone, Mineral Spirits, Hexane, and Styrene
- Tests and identifies over 40 organic chemicals
- Provides both qualitative and quantitative value of all the identified chemicals
- All compounds can be detected at levels below 0.03 ppm, for 24 hour test
- Kit is useful to evaluate the chemical compounds in residential facilities and in commercial establishments including hospitals, schools, hotels, airports, etc
- Can be used to measure personal exposure or room exposure
- Analyzed by a AIHA accredited lab
- Data validated for accuracy
- Results are reported in terms of parts per million (ppm) for the reported chemicals
- Uses Bio-Badge sample collection technology
- Meets OSHA and NIOSH accuracy requirements
- Easy to use
A number of organic chemicals exist in the home or office buildings, and these chemicals may be hazardous or toxic in nature. Some of the these are commonly known as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's). VOC's can be found in common items like paints and coatings, cleaning products, and even items like vertical blinds. The Organic Vapor Screen Check can identify up to 70 different chemicals that may be present indoors. This includes almost all of the common vapors that can be found in indoor air.
The Organic Vapor Screen Check identifies and measures the concentration levels of VOC’s at a desired test location by utilizing an easy to use device called the Bio-Badge. This device can absorb VOC particulates (particles) by collecting air from an area of up to 2800 square feet as it is sampled over a 24 – 48 hour period (preferred sampling time is 24 hours). This kit is useful to evaluate the chemical compounds in homes and in commercial establishments including hospitals, schools, hotels, airports, etc.
This test will identify and estimate the concentration of each of the chemicals listed below (many others are available):
|Full Scan Organic Vapors|
|Acetic Acid||Dimethyl Formamide||Methyl Acrylate|
|Acetone||Dimethyl Sulfoxide||Methyl Chloroform|
|Acrylonitrile||Dipropylene Glycol||Methyl-t-butyl Ether|
|2-Butanone (MEK)||Ethyl Alcohol||Peerchloroethylene|
|Butyl Cellosolve||Ethyl Benzene||Pyridine|
|Butyl Acetate||Ethyl Ether||Styrene|
|Carbon Tetrachloride||2 - Ethoxyethyl Ether||Methyl Ether|
|Cyclohexane||Hexone (MIBK)||1,2,4 - Trimethylbenzene|
The above-mentioned chemicals may exist in the home or office. All compounds can be detected at the following levels:
|Organic Vapors||8 hours exposure time||24 hours exposure time|
|Lower Limits||0.1 ppm||0.03 ppm|
|Upper Limits||1000 ppm||300 ppm|
How do I perform the test?
- Remove Bio-Badge that is included from the bags - save both bags (See Picture A below). There are two monitoring options (do not obstruct the white membrane):
- For personal exposure monitoring, clip the badge near the breathing zone (See Picture B below)
- For room monitoring, place approximately 4 feet above the ground and on a surface away from unnatural air flow. For example, away from underneath a moving ceiling fan, in the direct air flow of an a/c vent, or near an open window. This is very important to achieve the most accurate results. (See Picture C below)
- Record "Start Time" on Chain of Custody and then leave the Bio-Badge exposed for a period between 8 – 48 hours. For best results use an exposure period of 24 hours. Once time is completed, record "Stop Time" on Chain of Custody.
- Place the exposed Bio-Badge back into the bags following instructions (See Picture D below). Mail the test kit back in the envelope provided (postage included with purchase of kit).
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 7-10 business days. You may also make a special request to receive the lab report via fax as well. This report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL microbiological reports are prepared with a glossary describing each organism at both the genus and specie level. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free. Your report includes guidelines you can use to see if you have a low, significant, or high amount of dust in your home, indicating the amount of risk of an allergic reaction.
Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results.
Technical Specifications of Organic Vapor Screening Kit
|Organic Vapor Screening Kit|