Mold Test Kits for Home and OfficeOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
Mold test kits are designed to identify hundreds of types of mold in the home and office that may be the cause of asthma and allergies. These test kits quantify and identify mold sources.
Mold Test Kits for Home and Office
Do-it-yourself kit. Provides a full profile analysis of hundreds of types of mold
AVAILABILITY: Ships out within 2 - 3 business days.
Mold Test Kits for Home and Office are ideal for someone who...
- Wants to find out the types of mold in their home or office environment.
- Has allergic reactions such as asthma, rhinitis / sinusitis, and atopic dermatitis and would like to find the cause.
- Lives or works in an area with constant moisture and poor air circulation and wants to check for mold.
- Is moving into a new home or apartment and needs to find out the indoor environmental conditions.
- Wants a comprehensive mold report that is compared to industry guidelines (expressed in colony forming units per gram - CFU/gr).
- Is an Educator, School and Plant Operator, Industrial Hygienist, Teacher, HVAC Engineer, Building Maintenance Supervisor, Test and Balance Professional, Real Estate Professional, Insurance Claim Adjuster, Homeowner, Hospital Engineer, Physician, Occupational Health and Safety Professional.
- Counts of a variety of molds: The molds identified and measured in your customized microscopy lab report includes counts of whichever types of molds appear in the collected specimen such as:
- Fungal hyphal elements
- Fungal elements consistent with Aspergillus/Penicillium species
- Fungal elements consistent with Epicoccum species
- Fungal elements consistent with Cladosporium species
- Fungal elements consistent with Phoma species
- Includes sample collection device for 1 surface sampling location
- Includes AIHA Accredited Lab Analysis for Molds emailed in PDF format in 3 – 5 days
- same samples used by professionals
- Includes mold fact sheet
Mold is a rapidly growing fungus that can be found, at some level, just about everywhere in nature. In areas that are regularly dark and damp however, mold levels can become problematic. Seeing mold growth, smelling a must odor, or finding water stains are mold-growth indicators around the home or office space. Unfortunately mold cannot always be seen. It is often hidden within walls, behind furniture, or in other out-of-sight places. And when mold is growing in the home or workplace, it is also present in the air. Inhaling mold spores can trigger both allergies and asthma in sensitive people.
How do I perform the test?
- Remove plastic case containing Bio-Scan400 from enclosed envelope and open tamper resistant seal using scissors. (see Picture A below).
- Remove the Bio-Scan400 from the plastic case.
- Select an area of concern (ex: desk, wall, etc) for a Bio-Scan400 surface sample.
- Hold the left side of the Bio-Scan400 and peel the white backing paper to expose the adhesive side of the red grid area (see Picture C below). Important: do not touch the adhesive side of the red grid.
- Gently place the sticky side of the red grid against the surface you wish to test (see Picture D below).
- Gently reseal the Bio-Scan400 back onto the white backing paper (see Picture E below).
- Place the Bio-Scan500 sample back in the case and complete the Chain of Custody form, filling out all information. Be sure to record the sample location and the surface the sample was collected from.
- Place Bio-Scan400 sample and Chain of Custody form in the envelope provided
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 3-5 business days. You may also make a special request to receive the lab report via fax as well. This report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL microbiological reports are prepared with a glossary describing each organism at both the genus and specie level. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free. Your report includes guidelines you can use to see if you have a low, significant, or high amount of mold in your home, indicating the amount of risk of an allergic reaction.
Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results.
Technical Specifications of Mold Test Kits for Home and Office
|Mold Test Kits for Home and Office|