Allergen Test Kits for Home and OfficeOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
Do-it-yourself Allergen indoor air quality testing kit provides a full profile analysis of six common indoor air pollutants. Provides professional lab results.
Allergen Test Kits for Home and Office
Includes Bio-Scan400 sample collection kit
AVAILABILITY: Ships out within 2 - 3 business days.
- Has allergic reactions such as asthma, headaches, coughing, eye irritation, sneezing, lethargy, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, dizziness, respiratory irritation, or tight chest and would like to find the cause.
- Is moving into a new home or apartment and needs to find out the indoor environmental conditions.
- Wants a comprehensive allergen report that is compared to industry guidelines (expressed in micrograms per gram - ng).
- Is a Homeowner, Real Estate Professional, Insurance Claim Adjuster, Industrial Hygienist, or HVAC Engineer.
- Identifies and Provides Concentration Levels for Mold, Pollen, Dust Mites (Intact), Skin Cells, Insect Parts, Fibers Such as Fiberglass, Etc.
- Includes Sample Collection Device for 1 Surface Sampling Location
- Complete Instructions with Chain of Custody
- Includes AIHA Accredited Lab Analysis for Allergens
- Free Allergen Fact Sheet
- Easy to use and inexpensive
- Data validated for accuracy
- Made in the USA
Suggested Sampling Locations
- Return Air Grille: When sampling in a home or office that has a central air conditioning or ventilation system, the return air grille is usually the best possible place to collect a sample because it works like a natural air pump as it sucks in the air you breathe to be filtered and re-circulated. As the air is being pulled into the system, many air particles will be impacted on the frame of the grille, and can be collected by the Bio Scan400™ for analysis.
- Air Supply Vent: If you believe the problem may be originating inside the air handler or ventilation system, unscrewing an air supply vent and collecting a sample from the duct can be beneficial.
- Dust Collection: Dust is a great option for sample collection because it has a magnetic charge that draws in many of the air particles as they come close to it.
- Visible Growth: If you see something growing on a hard surface and think it may be mold but you’re not sure, the Allergen Screen Check Kit can be used to collect a sample for detailed analysis.
How do I perform the test?
- Remove plastic case containing Bio-Scan400 from enclosed envelope and open tamper resistant seal using scissors. (see Picture A below).
- Remove the Bio-Scan400 from the plastic case.
- Select an area of concern (ex: desk, wall, etc) for a Bio-Scan400 surface sample.
- Hold the left side of the Bio-Scan400 and peel the white backing paper to expose the adhesive side of the red grid area (see Picture C below). Important: do not touch the adhesive side of the red grid.
- Gently place the sticky side of the red grid against the surface you wish to test (see Picture D below).
- Gently reseal the Bio-Scan400 back onto the white backing paper (see Picture E below).
- Place the Bio-Scan500 sample back in the case and complete the Chain of Custody form, filling out all information. Be sure to record the sample location and the surface the sample was collected from.
- Place Bio-Scan400 sample and Chain of Custody form in the envelope provided
- Expect the lab report results mailed back to you from the Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDL) in 3-5 business days. You may also make a special request to receive the lab report via fax as well. This report will help define the environmental conditions as they existed during your sampling.
Understanding the lab report:
All EDL microbiological reports are prepared with a glossary describing each organism at both the genus and specie level. If you have any trouble understanding the data in the report, you are given a toll-free number to contact a specialist who will help you understand your results for free. Your report includes guidelines you can use to see if you have a low, significant, or high amount of dust in your home, indicating the amount of risk of an allergic reaction.
Please note: The report furnishes information only and is not intended to be an interpretation of the results
Technical Specifications of Allergen Test Kits for Home and Office
|Allergen Test Kits for Home and Office|