Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Dust Mite Comforter Covers
Cottonfresh dust mite comforter covers protect against dust mite allergens and increase the life of your comforter or duvet. Made from 100% natural cotton with no chemicals. Eco-Tex (Oeko-Tex) certified. You'll sleep and breathe better after using these soft and comfortable comforter covers. See our ratings and reviews.
View our entire collection of Cottonfresh Dust Mite Covers including mattress covers, pillow covers and comforter covers.
- 100% natural cotton
- No harmful chemical treatments or substances have been applied to the fabric
- Average pore size of 3.45 microns
- Impenetrable by house dust mites and their allergens
- Tested in Europe at the Entomology Center at the University of Cambridge and by the British Textiles Technology Group, as well as in the USA by Porous Materials
- Fabric weight: 3.69 oz per square yard with 240 threads stitched per square inch
- Supremely soft and comfortable to sleep on
- Lightweight fabric
- Nylon zipper closures
- Natural in color, no bleach or dyes
Cottonfresh natural cotton fabric is certified by Oeko-Tex standard 100 and carries the Confidence in Textiles trademark, guaranteeing the fabric is free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens. Oeko-Tex standard 100 is a European global testing and certification system for screening harmful substances in consumer textile products. It sets stricter limits than current EC legislation on banned or restricted use substances used in textile manufacturing.
Cottonfresh covers may be washed at high temperature. The manufacturer recommends laundering the comforter dust mite cover every few months month. Wash pillow covers once a month. The fabric is pre-shrunk but there may be an additional 2% shrinkage if washed at high temperatures. This extra shrinkage actually makes the weave tighter and therefore more protective.
|It is constructed of 100 percent unbleached, undyed and untreated all natural cotton, which has been tightly woven and specially finished for unique allergen barrier properties. The only treatment applied to the fabric after weaving is washing with a washing agent to remove impurities picked up in the weaving processing followed by rinsing in water. No other substances have been applied to the fabric.|
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets - no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Small pore size of 3.45 microns is very impressive for a woven natural cotton dust mite cover and will efficiently block dust mites and their allergens
- Fabric is a lightweight cotton with a soft sateen feel. Makes a nice lightweight duvet cover that also is down-proof to prevent feather leakage!
- Fabric is made from a pure natural cotton that is Eco-Tex(Oeko-Tex) certified guaranteeing it to be free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens that are commonly used in manufacturing textiles
- Safe for those with sensitive skin or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Very impressive fabric and construction quality
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
Summary:Cottonfresh represents the latest developments in allergy avoidance bedding. Barrier covers for pillows, duvets and mattresses have been around for a while now, but usually relying on synthetic fabrics and plastic membranes to keep house dust mite allergens at bay. But these materials can be unsuitable for anyone sensitive to chemicals or who find synthetics hot or noisy to sleep on. Cottonfresh are soft, smooth and feel more comfortable than even regular cotton pillow case covers. We heard about a UK firm which has made a major breakthrough in quality and comfort with their Cottonfresh dust mite covers and tracked them down. We had samples of their barrier covers sent over to test for our members and believe me they are the 'Rolls Royce' of allergy free bedding! Cottonfresh barrier covers are made of 100% pure natural unbleached cotton. The Cottonfresh fabric has been tested and found to have a pore size of 3.45 microns which is well below the 10 microns needed to block dust mites.
Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Comforter Cover
Technical Specifications of Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Comforter Cover
|Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Comforter Cover|
|Dust Mite Encasing Fabric|
|Dust Mite Encasing Fabric||100% Natural Cotton|
|Fabric Treatment||Unbleached, Undyed, Untreated|
|Average Pore Size|
|Average Pore Size||3.45 microns|
Video Reviews of Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Comforter Cover
Filters & Accessories for Cottonfresh Natural Cotton Comforter Cover
|Twin||66" x 86"|
|Full/Queen||86" x 86"|
|King||106" x 86"|
|Pillow Cover Sets of Two|
|Standard/Queen||20" x 29.5"|
|King||21" x 37"|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.
Availability: These covers ship via the post office from England. Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery.
Canadian Customers: Your postal service imposes taxes and service charges on this item.
Note: that dust mite covers are used over your comforter and underneath a decorative duvet cover or bedspread. These are also custom made.