Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifiers
Airpura Air Purifiers for pet odors and dander. Airpura V600 Air Purifier uses enhanced impregnated activated carbon to absorb hard to remove odors such as VOCs, ammonia and formaldehyde.
Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier
Cleanable pre-filter, 18 lbs enhanced impregnated activated carbon, true HEPA filter, variable control. Covers up to 1650 sq. ft.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Custom Made & Ships Within 4-5 Business Days.
View all of our Airpura Air Purifiers.
Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Has a pet(s) and wants to remove pet dander and strong pet odors from inside their home.
- Needs to remove harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde or ammonia which can be off-gassed from new furniture, carpets or cleaning materials.
- Lives or works in an environment where harmful gases or chemicals are present in the air (such as pesticides or benzene and toluene which are off-gasses from heating fuels, paints and glues).
- Wants an air purifier that offers all around air cleaning for a large area.
- For removing specific airborne chemicals & VOCs as well as particles
- Maximum coverage: 1650 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 550 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Large room air purifier
- Traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Adsorbs pet odors, ammonia, formaldehyde and chemical off-gassing
- Cleanable pre-filter
- 2 Anti-microbial filters
- 18 lbs of enhanced activated carbon, 2" deep
- True HEPA filter (40 sq. ft of media w/ 10 pleats per inch)
- Separately changeable filters
- Variable Fan Speeds
- Low noise level
- Manual controls
- 360° air intake and outflow
- 4 casters
- ETL certified, conforms to CSA C22.2 no 113 ANSI/UL 507
- Colors: Black, White or Cream
- All metal housing
- Sealed motor chamber
- Sealed electrical chamber
- Pressure sealed filter chamber
- Felt gaskets
- Made in Canada
Airpura's unique pressure seal on the filter chamber ensures that all of the dirty air passes through the filters. Other systems allow leakage and do not achieve the 99.97% HEPA filtration rating. Additionally, the motor and electrical parts are located in a separate compartment which prevents off-gassing from components and does not allow impurities to be re-introduced into the clean air.
For effective chemical and gas adsorption a deep carbon bed is important. Many filtration systems offer 1 inch or less of carbon. Airpura uses a 570 square inch carbon filter that is 2 inches deep. The deep 2 inch bed takes longer for the air to pass through and therefore is able to absorb more chemicals, gases and odors present in the air.
- Pre-filter: vacuum from outside the unit every 2-3 months and replace every 12 months for normal household use.
- Carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for normal household use.
- HEPA Filter: replace every 5 year for normal household use.
Note: Filter life is based on continuous operation. Filter life will be longer if only used periodically. When used in heavily polluted environments filters will need to be changed more often.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||N/A|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The Airpura V600 offers outstanding air cleaning performance for a wide range of chemicals, odors, gases and particulates. This is achieved by taking all the qualities of the R600 and improving its gas phase filtration. It combines inexpensive pre-filters, 18 pounds of two inch deep impregnated activated carbon and a near perfect true HEPA filter that will provide years of reliability and clean air. The V600 provides improved removal of certain gases, particularly formaldehyde and ammonia, by blending potassium iodide with the activated carbon which neutralizes these strong gases for effective elimination.
- The Airpura V600 offers excellent removal of all allergens such as pet dander and other particles down to 0.3 microns with an average particle removal efficiency of 97% on the first air pass.
- The Airpura V600 air purifier's generous 18 pound enhanced carbon filter did a near perfect job at fixing our testers toughest chemicals, gases, and odors issues such as those found in the cat's litter box room and a home with new carpet and fresh paint. The carbon used by the Airpura V600 air purifier has been specially treated to trap specific chemicals and VOCs like ammonia and formaldehyde, commonly found in homes with pets, new homes furnishings and work environments contaminated by chemicals released by manufacturing processes and office equipment.
- The Airpura V600 air purifier has a very powerful fan which moves a lot of air and impressively achieves one of the largest room coverages of all the room air purifiers we sell. The Airpura V600 is able to efficiently clean the air in a room up to 1650 square feet with 2 air changes per hour or 550 square feet with 6 air changes per hour.
- Not only does the V600 offer large room coverage but it does so without forfeiting a quiet environment. During testing, reviewers were a bit surprised when we turned the fan all the way up to its maximum speed and the noise level was much quieter than expected, especially for the amount of air exiting the air purifier. Our reviewers were even more astonished with the quietness of the medium and low speeds and collectively agreed the Airpura V600 could easily be run on a medium speed in a living room area without being bothersome. The amount of air the V600 is cleaning in comparison to its noise output compelled reviewers to give it a favorable 4-star 'very good' noise rating.
- Long lasting HEPA and carbon filters help keep filter maintenance costs reasonable. Though the grand total of the Airpura V600's filter replacement costs are high, luckily they are spread out over a course of 5 years which makes them much more reasonable. When you break down the total filter replacement costs, the average annual cost is $167 a year which is very decent for such high quality filtration. The life of the pre-filter can be extended to last 1 year simply by vacuuming it from outside the unit every 2 to 3 months. The HEPA and the carbon filter are top quality and will maintain effectiveness for 5 and 2 years respectively.
- Our reviewers liked that the Airpura V600 air purifier is well built with all metal construction and uses felt gaskets instead of plastic or rubber and the motor and electrical parts are sealed off from the airflow to eliminate any potential off-gassing. These extra steps help ensure the Airpura V600 air purifier is working to fix your air quality issues, not add to them by off-gassing into your home.
- The design of the Airpura air purifier is simple but well engineered. It is very easy to operate offering a wide selection of fan speeds controlled by a variable knob and reviewers like that they could find the perfect setting to fit their particular noise or airflow need.
- Airpura offers an excellent warranty and will stand behind all parts for 5 years and labor to fix it for up to 10 years.
- A very good value for the price considering its effectiveness for removing strong chemicals as well as superior particle removal.
- The one feature reviewers really wished was included on the Airpura V600 is some type of filter life monitoring to eliminate the guesswork of knowing when it is time to replace the filters. When you are tracking the life of a filter over the course of 2 to 5 years it becomes all too easy to forget how long they have been in use.
- Replacing the filters on the Airpura V600 air purifier is not a 60 second job. Changing the filters is not all that complicated, however it does require a screwdriver and some heavy lifting. To access the filters you must turn this 45 lb machine upside down and remove 4 screws from the bottom plate. Once the bottom plate is removed you can access the filters. Keep in mind the carbon filter weighs a full 18 lbs and may be difficult for some people to replace on their own.
- This unit does not meet California requirements, and cannot be shipped to California.
Summary:The Airpura V600 air purifier not only does an excellent job at removing irritating particles like pet dander, but it excels with its ability to absorb and neutralize strong chemicals, gases, and odors, particularly formaldehyde and ammonia. The Airpura V600 is our favorite 'pet air purifier' for a large room or homes with multiple pets providing superior dander and odor control. It is also one of our top picks for rendering chemical and VOC off-gassing issues from new home furnishings, renovations, office equipment or Chinese dry wall.
Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier
Technical Specifications of Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier
|Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier||Airpura F600 Formaldehyde Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 1650 sq. ft.||up to 1650 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||115V or 220V||115V or 220V|
|Energy Consumption||40 watts - 120 watts||40 watts - 120 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||560 CFM||560 CFM|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||440 CFM||440 CFM|
|Decibels||28.1 db - 62.3 db (at distance of 6 ft)||28.1 db - 62.3 db (at distance of 6 ft)|
|Dimensions||23"H x 15"D||23"H x 15"D|
|Weight||45 lbs||45 lbs|
|Warranty||5 yrs parts, 10 yrs labor||5 yrs parts, 10 yrs labor|
Video Reviews of Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Airpura V600 Pet Air Purifier
Airpura Universal Pre-Filter 2 pack
Includes two pre-filters for use with Airpura models R600, UV600, V600, P600, P600 Plus, C600, H600, I600. Vacuum from outside the unit every 2-3 months and replace every 12 months for normal household use.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Within 3-4 Business Days.
PI AP PFLTU