Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier
Airpura Air Purifiers are a great choice for complete air cleaning. Airpura UV600 Air Purifier kills viruses, bacteria and mold spores. They also removes chemicals, odors and other harmful particles from the indoor air.
View all of our Airpura Air Purifiers.
Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier are ideal for someone who...
- Has low immune resistances and needs complete air cleaning of viruses and bacteria as well as particles and chemicals.
- Lives or works in an environment with high exposure to viruses, bacteria and other micro-organisms.
- Needs an air purifier for a moldy basement.
- For airborne chemicals, particles and micro-organisms
- Maximum coverage: 1650 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 550 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Large room air purifier
- Traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Adsorbs chemicals, smoke and odors
- Cleanable pre-filter
- 2 Anti-microbial filters
- 18 lb carbon filter, 2' deep
- True HEPA filter (40 sq. ft of media w/ 10 pleats per inch)
- 20 watt UV germicidal lamp (30,000um/second squared)
- Does not produce ozone
- Separately changeable filters
- Variable Fan Speeds
- Low noise level
- Manual controls
- 360° air intake and outflow
- 4 casters
- ETL certified, conforms to CSA C22.2 no 113 ANSI/UL 507
- Colors: Black, White or Cream
- All metal housing
- Sealed motor chamber
- Sealed electrical chamber
- Pressure sealed filter chamber
- Felt gaskets
- Made in Canada
Airpura's unique pressure seal on the filter chamber ensures that all of the dirty air passes through the pre-filter, carbon filter and HEPA filter. Other systems allow leakage and do not achieve the 99.97% HEPA filtration rating. Additionally, the motor and electrical parts are located in a separate compartment which prevents off-gassing from components and does not allow impurities to be re-introduced into the clean air.
- Pre-filter: vacuum from outside the unit every 2-3 months and replace every 12 months for normal household use.
- Carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for normal household use.
- HEPA Filter: replace every 5 year for normal household use.
- UV Germicidal Lamp: replace after 10,000 hours of use (approximately 14 months of use)
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||N/A|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The Airpura UV600 Air Purifier uses the same filtration as the Airpura R600 All Purpose Air Purifier and adds a 20 watt UV germicidal lamp to sterilize bacteria, viruses, mold spores, as well as other antigens and pathogens trapped by the HEPA filter. It's ideal for indoor environments with young children, the elderly, or the immune compromised.
- Excellent removal of allergens. The UV600 air purifier uses a high quality HEPA filter and sealed construction design which allows it to capture all allergens and other particles down to 0.3 microns with an average particle removal efficiency of 97% on the first air pass.
- A true 18 lbs. of carbon for long lasting chemical and odor reduction. Airpura is one of the only manufacturers who actually uses the true amount of carbon that they claim. The Airpura UV600 air purifier has a generous 18 lb. carbon filter that is 2 inches thick. Reviewers were pleased with the UV600’s ability to reduce everyday household odors and gases such as those produced from cleaning products, perfumes and cooking odors.
- Quickly cleans the air in a large room. The Airpura UV600 air purifier moves twice as much air as its top competitors which allows it to achieve one of the largest room coverage of any of the air purifiers we carry. It covers an area up to 1650 square feet with 2 air changes and 550 sq. ft. with 6 air changers per hour, which is what we recommend for those with severe allergy or respiratory issues.
- MCS friendly. Airpura is focused on making an air purifier that will help solve air quality issues, not add to them. The Airpura UV600 is constructed of inert materials to prevent off-gassing from plastics, rubbers and silicones. The motor and electrical parts are separated in a sealed chamber to keep them out of the clean air flow and prevent off-gassing and contaminates from entering the filtered air.
- Very good air flow and low noise level. The Airpura UV600 air purifier has variable speed control and reviewers were happy they could adjust the fan speed to a noise level or air flow which matched their preference and needs. Reviewers said maximum speed was much quieter than expected, especially for the amount of air exiting the machine. They were even more astonished with the quietness of the medium to lower speeds and collectively agreed it could easily be run on the medium speed in a living room area without being bothersome. Reviewers gave it a favorable 4-star “very good” noise rating on a scale of 1-5.
- Excellent Warranty. Our review team was happy to learn Airpura backs all their air purifiers with a 5 year warranty on parts and 10 years on labor.
- No filter change indicators. The UV600 air purifier does not have a filter life monitor or change indicator so it is up to you to keep track of filters usage and when they need replacing.
- Replacing the filters requires a bit of work. To access the filters, the UV600 needs to be turned upside down so the bottom plate can be unscrewed and removed, then the filters can be lifted out. The carbon filter weighs 18 pounds and can be heavy for some to lift. The UV lamp also adds some time and costs to the maintenance of the UV600.
Summary:The Airpura UV600 air purifier is a highly effective, all purpose air purifier that offers excellent filtration of airborne particles, chemicals and micro-organisms. The Airpura UV600 air purifier is an ideal choice for someone with low immune resistance or for use in a room that has a mold infestation. Its filtration capabilities combined with large square foot coverage makes the Airpura UV600 air purifier an excellent choice for basements, isolation rooms, clinics, doctor offices, dental offices, hospital rooms or embalming facilities.
Technical Specifications of Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier
|Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||up to 1650 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||115V or 220V|
|Energy Consumption||40 watts - 120 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||560 CFM|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||440 CFM|
|Decibels||28.1 db - 62.3 db (at distance of 6 ft)|
|Dimensions||23"H x 15"D|
|Warranty||5 yrs parts, 10 yrs labor|
Video Reviews of Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Airpura UV600 Micro-organisms Air Purifier
Airpura Universal Pre-Filter 2 pack
Includes two pre-filters for use with Airpura models R600, UV600, V600, P600, P600 Plus, C600, H600, I600. Vacuum from outside the unit every 2-3 months and replace every 12 months for normal household use.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Within 3-4 Business Days.
PI AP PFLTU
Airpura 20 watt UV Germicidal Lamp
Airpura 20 watt UV germicidal lamp. Lasts for up to 10,000 hrs. 30,000um per second squared provides the dose needed to kill antigens, pathogens & mold spores. For use with Airpura models UV600 and P600.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Within 3-4 business days.
PI AP 20UV