by: Bennie (Oklahoma)
"Have you heard the term bestest? My new Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier is the bestest! This Winix Hepa air purifier is quiet running on auto, but automatically goes to a higher speed when hair spray is used in the bedroom or when my husband walks into the room before showering."
See entire review
Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifiers
The Winix PlasmaWave air purifier has been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Winix PlasmaWave 5300-2 True HEPA Air Purifier. Accessories available for purchase below.
Description of Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifiers
With its ultra quiet operation, the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 is an ideal choice for a bedroom. It's easy to use with electronic controls and indicator lights to show fan speed and when to change the filter. It has an energy saving auto mode regulated by air quality sensors. Simple and economical to maintain, this air purifier at its low price is an incredible bargain! The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 offers true HEPA filtration in a 3-stage air cleaning process for efficient removal of allergens and common gases and odors. Certified by AHAM for rooms up 350 sq. ft.
See all our Winix PlasmaWave Air Purifiers.
Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Needs to remove particles and light odors from a room up to 350 sq. ft.
- Wants an energy star rated air purifier
- Wants quiet operation
- Requires simple maintenance
- 3-Stage Air Cleaning: air undergoes 3 separate processes before returning, freshened and cleaned, into the room
- Carbon Pre-Filter: collects large particles such as dust and pet hair and absorbs common household odors and gases
- True HEPA Filter: captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns including smoke, dust, pollen, mold spores, and pet dander
- PlasmaWave™ Technology: optional final stage; cleans the way nature intended. Generates both positive and negative ions to create plasma clusters which instantly neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapor and odors in the air – does not produce harmful ozone
- Attractive and Lightweight sleek design weighs 15 lbs
- Simple Operation: electronic push button controls and indicator lights for your convenience.
- Air Quality Sensor: built-in smart sensor automatically monitors the air quality levels
- Auto Mode: this default setting also acts as an energy saving mode operating the air purifier a the lowest speed unless the smart sensors detect air pollution at which it will adjust fan speed accordingly – will not run the fan past speed 3
- Sleep Mode: a light sensor detects when the room is dark and runs the air purifier on the lowest, quietest speed and dims the indicator lights
- Replace Filter Indicator: eliminate guesswork as to when it is time to replace the HEPA filter – approx. every 12 months
- Energy Star Rate: uses only 14 watts on speed 1, 34 watts on speed 2, 70 watts on speed 3, and 128 watts on turbo (turbo is only used for quick cleaning)
- Simple and Economical to Maintenance: replace HEPA filter when indicator light is on and carbon per-filters should be changed every 3 months.
- Bonus Carbon Filter Pack: receive 3 extra carbon pre-filters with your purchase for 1 full year of carbon filtration (included in box)
- Replace HEPA filter when the indicator light turns on. Under normal use the HEPA filter should last 12 months depending on air quality.
- Carbon pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
- Unbeatable value for the price. The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier is low priced and has a lot of high end features such as a filter change indicator, air quality sensors, auto mode and sleep mode.
- Large area coverage for its size. We were impressed the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier could cover a room up to 350 square feet and that's a AHAM certified clean air delivery rate, so you know it is not overstated.
- Simple, sleek design. The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier will easily fit in most rooms without being obtrusive or taking up too much space.
- Good, efficient particle filtration for a medium to large sized room. Our testing results showed it removed 97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first air pass.
- Sleep mode makes it an ideal choice for a bedroom. The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier uses a smart light sensor to detect if s room is dark or light and when sleep mode is on and the room goes dark, the air purifier automatically adjust to the lowest fan speed for ultra quiet operation and dims the display lights to reduce light distraction as you try to fall asleep.
- Energy Star Qualified. The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier requires a minimal amount of energy and it will not drive up your electricity bill.
- Auto mode lets you set the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier and forget it. Auto mode monitors the air quality and adjusts the fan speeds accordingly to maintain fresh and clean indoor air.
- Affordable to own. Only one filter cassette to replace once a year keeps the maintenance and replacement costs for the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier low. The replacement filter cassette includes 1 HEPA filter and 4 carbon pre-filters to provide 12 months of filtration (based on constant operation 24/7).
- Filter change indicator let you get the most efficient use out of the HEPA filter.
- Minimal odor removal. The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier's carbon pre-filter has a minimal amount of carbon which is not enough to remove strong gases, chemicals and odors. Combined with the PlasmaWave&trade technology will help dissipate light household odors from cooking or cleaning.
- Minimal warranty period: Winix only offers a 1 year limited warranty on the PlasmaWave 5300 true HEPA air purifier. This is shorter than the average manufacturer’s warranty on a product of this type, which we would expect to be at least 3 years. Despite its 1 year limited warranty we feel you can be confident this air purifier will last much longer.
The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 air purifier has an impressive room coverage of up to 350 sq. ft. and would be an ideal choice for a bedroom thanks to its quiet operation and sleep mode. It is good for someone who is looking for efficient removal of allergens and dust as well as light household gases and odors. With low energy use, auto-mode, air quality sensors and a filter change indicator all for under $200, the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 true HEPA air purifier is one of the best deals out there!
Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifier
|Square Foot Coverage||Covers up to 350 sq. ft.|
|Power Requirements||AC 120V, 60 Hz, 1.1A|
|Energy Consumption||6-70 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||248 Dust /236 Smoke /252 Pollen|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-4 : 53, 113, 173, 226 CFM|
|Dimensions||21.7"H x 16.3"W x 8.5"D|
|Particle Filter||True HEPA filter|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Filter Kit A (size 21) Includes 1 true HEPA filter and 4 carbon pre-filters with antimicrobial finish. Fits Winix models: P300, 6300, 5300, 5000, 9500, 9000.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out within 2-3 business days.