by: Trisha (Philadelphia)
"My husband gave me this throw a few years ago as a Christmas gift. It is blissfully luxurious, light as a feather and my nap blanket. It is sheer self indulgence but I absolutely love it."
See entire review
Kumi Kookoon Silk Velvet Throw Blankets
Pure luxury has never felt so good or looked so rich and elegant. The Kumi Kookoon Silk Velvet throw blankets combine the silkiest charmeuse silk with luscious silk velvet and hand-strung silk fill.
Availability: Ships out within 3 business days
Description of Kumi Kookoon Silk Velvet Throw
A sumptuous throw blanket for those who love rich fabrics with a heavenly feel. The Kumi Kookoon silk velvet throw combines two of the most luxurious fabrics, both of which invitingly soothe and comfort your body and soul. Enjoy cool charmeuse silk on one side and a luscious silk velvet on the other. Filled with the finest hand-strung silk fill to add cozy warmth. Dry clean only. Imported. 8 color options in solid or two-tone.
The Kumi Kookoon Silk Velvet Collection includes Silk Velvet Duvet Covers and Silk Velvet Pillow Covers.
- Signature Kumi Kookoon hand-strung silk filling
- Charmeuse silk on one side
- Silk velvet on the other with Charmeuse silk border
- Tufted with charmeuse silk covered buttons
- Available in 8 color combinations
- Velvet colors only in white, ivory, pebble, smoke, cotton candy and merlot
- Size: 52"x72"
- Dry clean only
Silk is an excellent choice of bedding for anyone who wants the ultimate in comfort and luxury while sleeping. It is particularly good for those who have allergies, arthritis or other ailments because it is naturally hypoallergenic, inhospitable to dust mites and moisture, mildew and odor resistant. Since silk bedding provides a drier environment, it is a perfect choice for our customers with arthritis or other ailments that are aggravated by dampness. The lightweight of silk also does not put any added pressure on sensitive joints.
Natural Properties of Silk:
- Wicks moisture away from the body
- Adjusts to the environment’s temperature acting warmer in winter, cooler in the summer
- Silk fibers naturally adhere to one another withstanding deterioration
- Composed of 18 essential amino acids
- Studies show amino acids can counter the effects of aging, especially in the facial skin
- Amino acids can help calm the nervous system
Dry clean only. For everyday freshness, air your silk bedding for a few minutes in indirect sunlight. The sun will naturally encourage silk to release impurities trapped inside the fiber. This bedding is sumptuous, but durable and will retain its original luster provided it is properly cared for. We recommend taking all silk bedding to a professional dry cleaner that has experience cleaning charmeuse silk products. Do not machine wash or wet clean.
Kumi Kookoon uses the finest, grade “A” mulberry silk in all of their luxury bedding products, which comes from silkworms that are fed only pure mulberry leaves. The sumptuous Silk Velvet Collection is composed of plush silk velvet and raw mulberry silk that is woven into satin-finished charmeuse silk.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com