This is the best water filter I've ever used
by: Ben (Hartford, CT)
"The filter arrived and everything needed to install it was there. I had my plumber install it and I recommend you do that too. When I tasted the water for the first time I was surprised at how good it tasted and found it hard to believe I had been drinking such terrible water up until now. When the ..."
See entire review
AquaCera HIS Stainless Steel Under Counter Water Filter with CeraMetix™ Filter
Durable, stainless steel under counter water filter by Aquacera. Includes CeraMetix water filter - the most advanced single stage filter for removing Fluoride, sediment, bacteria, cysts and heavy metals. Fast free shipping. 30-day no hassle return policy.
This item is temporarily on backorder. As an alternative we recommend the AquaCera HIP Plastic Under Counter Filter.
Availability: Shipping 07/31/2017, reserve now
Description of AquaCera HIS Stainless Steel Under Counter Water Filter with CeraMetix Filter
A stainless steel water filter offers unmatched durability and is aesthetically pleasing. It is a smart choice for someone who is chemically sensitive to plastic and is exceptionally well suited for any household where water filtration quality is paramount. The AquaCera HIS stainless steel under counter water filter installs under a sink and uses a separate NSF certified, long reach chrome faucet to deliver healthy, great tasting drinking water at the point of use. The filter housing is conveniently hidden from view and will not disrupt your kitchen's decor or add clutter to your countertop. This AquaCera HIS water filter comes with the unique CeraMetix™ filter that uses proprietary ceramic and carbon block technology to provide the cleanest drinking water possible. The CeraMetix™ filter is the most advanced ceramic filter available. It efficiently removes 75-80% of Fluoride, 100% suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts, and reduces inorganic compounds, organic chemicals, VOCs and heavy metals by 80-99%. The CeraMetix water filter is the best all-in-one filter choice for great tasting, healthy drinking water at home. No other single stage water filter can remove as many contaminants as the CeraMetix filter.
AquaCera HIS Filter System:
- In-line, single stage, under counter, pressure filter system
- 100% stainless steel housing
- Fits AquaCera 10" ceramic filter element with short mount
- For cold water use only
- Compact size
- Extremely durable
- Includes housing with 3/8" inlet and outlet, long reach chrome faucet, tubing, quick connect fittings, mounting bracket and screws for installation
- Plumber installation recommended
- Removes suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, cysts
- Reduces organic chemicals, inorganic compounds, VOC's, heavy metals
- Reduces Fluoride by 60-80%
- Reduces Chlorine by 98-89%
- Reduces Lead by 79-99%%
- Increases the waters pH by 1 full point making it more Alkaline
- Does not remove beneficial minerals from the water
- AquaMetix™ proprietary ceramic and carbon block technology
- 0.9 micron absolute rated
- Self-sterilizing silver technology
- Silver impregnated micro-porous ceramic shell
- Silver in filter is non-leaching
- Activated PAC media block, rated at 1 micron
- Designed for pressure filter use
- Fits 1/4" BSP threaded, candle mount, filter systems such as AquaCera, Doulton, British Berkefeld
- Pending NSF certification
CeraMetix™ Filter Efficiency
|System Reduction||% Reduction|
|Cryptosporidium Parvum/Giardia Lamblia||
|Sediment down to 0.8 micron||
|Sediment 0.3 - 0.5 micron||
|Aluminum, Arsenic (III, V), Cadmium, , Chromium (III,VI), Copper, Mercury, nickel, Radionuclides, Silver, Zinc||
|High pH Lead||
|Chlorine and Chloramines||
Due to filtration of particulates and contaminants from the water during use, the flow of the water from the filter may deteriorate over a period of time. To restore the water flow to its normal level, simply remove and clean by scrubbing the surface of the filter with an abrasive non detergent scouring pad. The reduced flow of water would be the indicator that it is time to clean your filter. The cleaning frequency will depend upon the quality of the water supply. Depending on use and water conditions the CeraMetix filter should be replaced every 6 months.
AquaCera HIS housing is 100% stainless steel. Both housing and CeraMetix™ filter are manufactured in the USA.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
- Stainless steel housing is extremely durable and reliable.
- A safe choice for someone who has sensitivities to plastic.
- More aesthetically pleasing than a plastic filter housing.
- Instantly delivers safe drinking water that is clear, odorless and tastes good.
- Enjoy the convenience of good drinking water right from the kitchen sink.
- Helps to save money and the environment by greatly reducing the need to purchase bottled water.
- Filter system is hidden under the sink and has no exposed tubing that runs from the filter to the kitchen faucet; no countertop clutter.
- Installed into the cold water line so there is no risk of running hot water through the filter.
- Compact and slim design will fit in small under sink areas.
- Extremely easy to use with separate faucet to deliver the filtered water. The included chrome faucet is simple yet, attractive, easy to use, sturdy and durable.
- CeraMetix filter has Fluoride removal built in eliminating the need for a more expensive double filter system.
- It reduces metals including Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Nickel, Zinc, Silver, Copper and Aluminum.
- It reduces toxic substances such as Arsenic (III, V) and Chromium (II, VI).
- It removes Chlorine and Chloramines to help improve water's taste and odor.
- Makes water more Alkaline, raising pH by 1 full point.
- It will reduce radioactive contaminants, natural or made-made, that find their way into your drinking water.
- The filter's ceramic outer shell is impregnated with silver which prevents bacteria growth and make the filters self-sterilizing.
- Filter is in testing to be NSF certified.
- Simple to maintain. When the water flow starts to get slower, this means it's time to clean or replace the filter. To prolong the use of the filter just unscrew the housing (we suggest leaving ample space around the filter for easy access), take out the filter candle and clean the surface with a scouring pad. Depending on water conditions and usage, the filter can last up to a year. The manufacturer recommends replacing the CeraMetix filter after 6 months to maintain maximum filtration efficiency.
- More pricy than a filter system with plastic housing.
- Plumber installation recommended.
- May require some alterations to sink top in order to install faucet.
- Must clean the filter every few months (depends on water quality) to maintain strong water flow.
The AquaCera HIS under counter water filter is a right choice for someone who does not want to place a water filter on the counter or has a small sink area without enough room to place the filter. Since the under counter water filter is installed directly into the cold water line, it eliminates the risk of running hot water through the ceramic filter which will ruin the filter. The only burden to having the filter installed into the water line is that it should be installed by a licensed plumber.
Choosing a stainless steel water filter housing is a bit more pricy than plastic housing, but AquaCera's HIS stainless steel housing is of top quality and offers unmatched durability for years and years of use. A stainless steel water filter housing is the preferred choice for someone who is sensitive to plastics or has multiple chemical sensitivities.
When it comes to filtration, the CeraMetix filter is the "best of the best" when compared to other single stage ceramic and carbon block technology water filters. It will perform just as well as the popular CeraUltra or Doulton UltraCarb filter but has the added benefit of fluoride removal. The CeraMetix filter is capable for providing the same level of fluoride removal as a double filter system that uses a ceramic & carbon block filter and a B2 fluoride filter. The AquaCera HIS with CeraMetix filter is our top choice for a single stage under counter water filtration system that will deliver clean, healthy and great tasting drinking water inside your home when you want it.
AquaCera HIS Under Counter Water Filter with CeraMetix Filter
|Filtration Efficiency||Absolute (defined as >99.99%): 0.9 micron
Nominal (defined as >99.99%): 0.5 to 0.8 micron
|Recommended Flow||0.3 to 1.0 gpm|
|Capacity||750 gallons or 6 months|
|Flow Rate||0.475 GPM|
|Working Temperature Range||Maximum: 38°C / 100°F
Minimum: 5°C / 41°F
|Working Pressure||Maximum: 862 Kpa (125 psig)
Minimum: 62 Kpa (10 psig)
|Dimensions||12"H x 3.5"W|
|Weight||2.0 lbs (housing only)|
CeraMetix 10" slimline filter: silver impregnated ceramic shell and AquaMetix proprietary PAC media block for the added benefit of fluoride removal. Clean as needed, replace every 6 months.
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.