See All Fall Specials Here!
$50 Off any Order over $400 w/promo code FALL50
$20 Off any Order over $200 w/promo code FALL20
Made in the USA Basement Dehumidifier
by: Jamie (Virginia)
"I just purchased this Aprilaire dehumidifier because I was recommended by my contractor to purchase this kind of model for its durability and just as important to me is that it is proudly made in America. I have a large damp basement and this 1850F model was more compact than other dehumidifiers..."
See entire review
Aprilaire 1850F 95 Pint Dehumidifier
The Aprilaire 1850F portable basement dehumidifier is designed to remove up to 95 pints per day in a smaller, compact cabinet size making it ideal for attics, crawlspaces, HVAC closets and basements. Covers areas up to 2200 sq. ft. Made in USA.
16% OFF - Save $240 While Supplies Last!
Availability: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
Description of Aprilaire 1850F 95 Pint Dehumidifiers
The portable Aprilaire 1850F 95 pint whole basement dehumidifier is the latest, most reliable solution to relieve excessive humidity in your basement or larger areas throughout the home. Unhealthy humidity levels, above 50% for a continuous time period, allow mold, mildew and bacteria growth to enter your home, making it particularly dangerous for people with asthma and allergies. Crawl spaces and basements are a major source of air infiltration that permeates up into your living area, bringing odors, allergens and other contaminants along with it. We recommend keeping humidity levels between 35% and 45% to maintain a healthy, comfortable environment for you and your family. This free standing, ultra-quiet portable dehumidifier provides 100% more capacity and 300% more efficiency than any leading portable dehumidifier. Best of all, this unit does not require bothersome and expensive installation work into your HVAC system as compared to other larger dehumidifiers! An internal humidistat will automatically sense moisture levels to maintain optimal humidity levels and reduce and control dampness, mildew, mold, fungi, dust mites and odors. The 1850F model operates down to 40°F and effectively removes 95 pints of moisture per day for areas up to 2,200 square feet with no messy buckets or tanks to empty. Other features include a MERV 8 washable air filter, sturdy, long-lasting construction, and caster wheels for easy maneuverability. This dehumidifier is also equipped with a highly efficient, eco-friendly R410a refrigerant. With our unique Aprilaire 1850F portable dehumidifier, you can now enjoy a comfortable and healthy home for years to come.
Aprilaire 1850F 95 Pint Dehumidifiers are ideal for someone who...
- Requires a large capacity freestanding dehumidifier without the need to be connected to a HVAC system.
- Wants low maintenance with no messy trays or buckets to empty and simple once a year filter cleaning.
- Wants a highly reliable system to effectively maintain a comfortable climate.
- Needs a smaller cabinet size to fit into attics, crawlspaces and basements.
- Provides three times the moisture removing capacity compared to standard portable dehumidifiers
- Works particularly well in colder environments
- Easy to use – simply plug in and set the humidity level
- Digital LCD control that walks you through the set up
- Automatically senses moisture levels
- No messy tanks to empty and clean
- Quiet operation - 54 dBA ducted
- Optional gravity water drainage or condensate pump hook up
- 3/4" PVC adapters for threaded connection or plastic hose included
- Easy access to washable MERV 8 filter
- Frost protection
- Test mode to make sure unit is operating properly before use
- Built-in intelligent ventilation
- Energy efficient – removes more moisture per kilowatt/hour than leading portables
- Auto restart
- 1/2" foil faced EPS cabinet insulation
- Inlet Air Operating Conditions – 40° to 104°F
- Ambient Air Operation Conditions – 40° to 140°F
- Smaller cabinet size and lighter weight - only 70 pounds for easy one-person transport
- Caster wheels and lifting handles for easy portability
- Made in the USA
The Aprilaire Model 1850F is designed to dehumidify the air coming in to the unit by passing the incoming air over an evaporator coil to drop the air temperature below the dew point of the air. Moisture is removed from the air and drained out of the unit to a common floor or waste drain. The air is then reheated in the condenser coil and exits the unit.
Dehumidification occurs until the set point is reached, then shuts off until periodic sampling determines a need for operation.
Please note: When first installed, your dehumidifier has to remove all the moisture that is initially in your home. We recommend setting the humidity level at 55%RH when first installed. Allow the dehumidifier to run until it reaches the setting then adjust the setting to your desired comfort level.
Expert Review: Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
If you need a top quality, powerful high-capacity dehumidifier without any duct work or complicated operation, the Aprilaire 1850F will not disappoint. This unit will quietly and effectively remove up to 95 pints of excess moisture in finished or unfinished basements up to 2,200 square feet.
- It's energy efficient, compact and portable design can remove three times the moisture than standard portable dehumidifiers.
- Thanks to the housing and insulation, this powerful machine moves large amounts of air yet remains relatively quiet.
- This dehumidifier will quickly lower humidity levels even at temperatures as low as 40 degrees.
- Designed to remove up to 95 pints of excess moisture per 24 hours (11.9 gallons).
- A 3/4" PVC adapter is included and allows you to connect this dehumidifier to a hose and drainage system or condensate pump. You may also gravity drain into a floor drain or sump pit.
- Locking caster wheels and lifting handles make this unit easy to maneuver and with no duct work necessary, installation is a snap!
- Just set it and forget it; the internal humidistat will automatically maintain optimal humidity levels.
- Washable filter is easily accessible making filter maintenance hassle free.
- Has undergone rigorous reliability and durability testing, assuring the high-quality performance you expect and comes with an exceptional 5-year warranty.
- Made in the USA.
- There is no collection bucket; this unit must be drained through a hose or condensate pump.
The Aprilaire 1850F high capacity dehumidifier offers reliability, durability and exceptional performance while offering low maintenance features allowing easy set up and operation for homeowners. This machine is often compared to similar or even larger sized units, but it removes up to three times more moisture and operates in temperatures as low as 40 degrees. Automatic humidity sensors, frost protection, and quiet operation are just a few of the features that make the Aprilaire 1850F not only a superior choice, but also a key ingredient to maintaining a safe, healthy and comfortable home environment.
Aprilaire 1850F 95 Pint Dehumidifier
|Coverage Area||Up to 2200 sq ft|
|Water Removal Capacity||95 pints per day @ 60%, 80°F|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)||2.2 L/kW-h|
|Operating Temperature Range||40°F - 104°F|
|Bucket Capacity||N/A - No buckets to empty|
|Noise Level||54 dBA|
|Fan speeds||Runs only when dehumidifying|
|LCD Display on control panel||Yes|
|Direct hose connection for drainage||3/4" PVC adapters|
|Washable filter||MERV 8 washable filter|
|Power cord||8 foot grounded power cord|
|Caster mounted dehumidifier||Yes|
|Power Supply||120V, 8 Amps, 60Hz|
|Cabinet material||1/2" EPS insulation|
|Dimensions||12 1/2"W x 27 1/2"L x 14 1/2"H (cabinet)|
|Weight (lbs)||70 lbs|