Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air PurifierOur Expert Rating:
The Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
The Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier has been discontinued. As an alternative we recommend the Winix PlasmaWave 5300 True HEPA Air Purifiers. Replacement filters available for purchase below.
See all of our available Winix Air Purifiers.
- Effectively removes a broad range of airborne allergens, pollutants and light household odors
- Recommended room coverage: 150 sq. ft (5 air changes/hr)
- Suitable for use in a small bedroom, office or nursery
- 3-stage air cleaning:
- Odor control carbon pre-filter
- 99.97% effective True HEPA filter
- PasmaWave™ Technology
PlasmaWave™ technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors and other indoor pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone. PlasmaWave technology creates positive and negative ions that combine with natural water vapor to form hydroxyls. Hydroxyls instantly neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, odors and gases in the air by breaking apart their molecular structure into water vapor and other harmless air molecules. This entire process is similar to what happens in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere. PlasmaWave technology emulates the way nature cleans the air.
- Replace HEPA filter when the indicator light turns on. Under normal use the HEPA filter should last 12 months depending on air quality.
- Carbon pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months. Four carbon pre-filters are included with the air purifier to provide 12 months of filtration.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The P150 is Winix's smallest air purifier in the FresHome series. It is designed for use in a small bedroom, office or nursery. AHAM has tested this air purifier and gave it a CADR room rating of 150 square feet.
- True HEPA filter provides great particle filtration. Our particle test results showed it captured over 97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns on the first air pass.
- Attractive design is pleasing to look at.
- Compact size is ideal for a small room that does not have a lot of extra space.
- Very quiet on speed 1 and 2; tolerable on speed 3. Turbo is moving a lot of air and is loud like a fan on high.
- Intuitive to use with clearly labeled controls.
- Auto mode offers convenient operation.
- Filter change indicator light for the HEPA filter is based on actual run time and fan speed to ensure you get the most out of the filter; however, you are responsible for remembering to change the carbon pre-filter every 3 months or so.
- Filters are super easy to replace.
- Replacement HEPA and carbon pre-filters are packaged as a set to provide a full year of filtration.
- Koren construction provides a well-made air purifier with a high level of quality control.
- Energy star rated for efficient use of energy.
- CARB certified: This air cleaner complies with the federal ozone emissions limit.
- A good value. The P150 has a budget-friendly price, yet still offers high-performance air cleaning.
- Small room coverage.
- Minimal carbon in the pre-filter offers little odor control. It should help with occasional, mild household odors but not for strong odors or heavy concentration of gaseous chemicals or VOCs.
- PlasmaWave technology makes a slight electrical-static sound that some may find annoying. Only audible on low fan speeds.
- We noticed some off-gassing when we first used this air cleaner. We assume it is from the glue used in the HEPA filter. After running it for a few hours the off-gassing will dissipate.
- Only has a 1-year warranty.
Summary:With its high efficiency rating and many features, the Winix P150 air purifier represents a great value for the price. Its compact size and small square foot coverage make it a perfect fit for a small room where space is limited. Its affordable price is an attractive option for the budget-conscious allergy sufferer who is in need of a solution for airborne particle control. Though the P150 has a carbon pre-filter and PlamaWave technology to help control odors, we do not recommend it as as solution for indoor environments heavily polluted by odors, VOCs or gaseous chemicals.
Technical Specifications of Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier
|Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||150 sq. ft. (5 air changes/hr)|
|Power Requirements||AC 120V, 60 Hz, 0.5A|
|Energy Consumption||4-40 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Smoke = 98, Dust = 98, Pollen = 103|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-4 : 25, 45, 70, 99 CFM|
|Decibels||26 - 52 db(A)|
|Dimensions||18.5" H x 13.8" W x 9.1" D|
|Particle Filter||True HEPA filter|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Video Reviews of Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for Winix FresHome P150 HEPA Air Purifier
Winix Ultimate HEPA Filter Cartridge - Size 17
Filter size 17. Includes washable pre-filter, true HEPA filter, washable Advanced Odor Control Granular carbon filter and anti-microbial coating. Fits Winix models P150, 9300 and 9000S.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out within 2-3 business days.
WX AP FLT93