Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits
The Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits has been discontinued.
Check for the presence of bacteria in your drinking water with this do-it-yourself, EPA-based test kit. Includes detailed instructions and comparison table.
Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits are ideal for someone who...
- Would like a do-it-yourself, EPA-based test to check for the presence of bacteria in your drinking water.
- Would like an affordable, quick and easy test kit that will give accurate results without having to send info to a lab.
- Identifies Coliform Bacteria (like Fecal Coliform and E coli) in your drinking water
- Contains one EPA-based Coliform Bacteria test for your home tap water, detailed instructions and comparison table
- Test kit shows results in 48 hours - No need to send a sample of your water off to a lab
- Includes: One Bacteria Test vial, detailed instructions and comparison table
How do I perform the test
1. Take out the Bacteria Test vial and set upright on a flat surface
2. Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream
3. Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5ml line). Do not overfill and do not spill the bacterial growth powder in the vial
4. Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds
5. Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70° - 90°F) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hours
6. After 48 hours, observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial
- Purple color: Negative Result (No bacteria were detected)
- Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected)
For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash
Technical Specifications of Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits
|Watersafe Drinking Water Bacteria Test Kits|