Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Pool Test Strips – 10 Pack
The Watersafe Bacteria Test is an antibody-based rapid test kit that detects the presence of bacteria in swimming pools and spas. Safe and reliable.
Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Pool Test Strips – 10 Pack are ideal for someone who...
- Wants an affordable and easy solution to test for bacteria in a pool or spa without having to add or measure chemicals.
- Needs to quickly and accurately test for bacteria without having to send samples to a laboratory and wait for results.
- Would like to be able to test the condition of the water in a lake they plan on swimming in.
- Quickly and accurately detects E.coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, species of Shigella, Enterbacter and many other coliform and non-coliform bacteria
- On-site results in less than 20 minutes. No transit of sample required
- No chemicals to add or measure
- No power source required
- Water temperature: 40 – 110°F
- pH: 4 – 10
- Total Chlorine: 0 – 50 ppm
- Bromine: 0 – 40 ppm
- Applications: swimming pools, spas, lakes and rivers
- Package provides 10 tests
- Each test packet includes: test strip, sample vial and sample dropper pipette
Currently, testing for bacteria in pool and spa water involves collecting the sample, transporting it to a lab, and then waiting for results of an incubation-based assay – a process that can take 24-48 hours. While you are waiting you may be exposed to unknown health risks and the water quality may change. When the results come back there is still a risk that the water quality changed over that period of time.
The Rapid Bacteria Pool and Spa Water Test Strips detect bacteria in less than 20 minutes, with a simple, on-site procedure that requires no instrumentation or user training. Now you can test your water on the spot and the result may prevent you from acquiring recreational water illnesses (RWIs). The Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Test has all the accuracy and reliability of a lab test, but in a disposable test strip similar to a home pregnancy test. The combination of ease-of-use, speed, and reliability add up to an ideal screening and monitoring method for all types of water samples.
Why test for Bacteria?
- Is your water safe? When it comes to safety, everything else is secondary. The same should be true in the pools and spas that we swim in and allow our children to swim in. The Watersafe Bacteria Test for pools and spas is easy enough for anyone to use, and is priced within reach of any pool or spa owner and operator. Until now, the only method of testing for bacteria in a pool or spa was not feasible for most owners and operators. With the Watersafe Bacteria Test for pools and spas, water quality/safety should never be left to chance.
- Water quality changes: Chemicals evaporate and dissipate, especially as bather load increases or temperature rises. If the water balance or disinfectant levels are outside of the normal range, the pool is especially susceptible. All it takes is the introduction of bacteria at the right time to create a major outbreak that can make everyone sick.
- Protect swimmers from RWIs and yourself from liability: Due to drastic rises in swimming-related illnesses over the past several years, the CDC has created a new term: RWI (Recreational Water Illness). Most RWIs are caused by bacterial contamination of the pool or spa. RWIs are dangerous, painful, and can hit both children and adults. Common effects of RWIs include earaches, stomachaches, vomiting, diarrhea, and eye irritation. By testing for potentially dangerous RWI-causing bacteria, you may prevent many RWI outbreaks.
- Some bacteria are chlorine-resistant: In a 2002 study by the CDC, over 60% of tested pools and spas had inadequate levels of disinfection. If chlorine levels are inadequate in such a high number of tested pools, and some bacteria are resistant to proper levels of chlorine, who's to say that any pool is safe? Remember that all it takes is one momentary drop in chlorine level and a strain of chlorine-resistant bacteria can infect your pool or spa. Once some bacteria are introduced, it can take up to five days in a properly chlorinated pool to kill them.
- Know when to change water - save water, lost heating, and lost chemicals: Until now, pool and spa operators who were concerned about their guests' health had only one option to guarantee the quality of the water in pools and spas: change the water. Without knowing if the water is good or bad, it was simply a shot in the dark. Changing water is a delicate balancing act - unnecessary changes cost money in lost water, heating, and chemicals, and changing too late can result in RWIs among bathers. Regular testing will help pinpoint when is the best time to change water, eliminating guess work.
1. Open foil pouch and take out all contents.
2. Using a clean dropper, place exactly ONE dropper-full of water into the sample vial. To draw up sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the dropper and place the open end into water sample. Release the bulb to pick up sample, then squeeze again to expel sample into vial.
3. Gently swirl vial. Let stand seven (7) minutes. Swirl vial again and return vial to flat surface.
4. Place test strip into sample vial with arrows pointing down.
5. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strip or vial during this time. Reddish lines will appear on strips.
6. Take strip out of the vial and read results.
- Negative: Only one line, next to number 2, is present.
- Positive: Line 1 and Line 2 are present. Line 1 may be lighter in intensity or equal in intensity to line 2.
If the test is positive, your water sample may contain bacteria levels that are dangerous to your health.
Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Pool Test Strips � 10 Pack
Technical Specifications of Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Pool Test Strips � 10 Pack
|Watersafe Rapid Bacteria Pool Test Strips � 10 Pack|