Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kits
The Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kits has been discontinued.
The Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kit contains everything you need to find out simply and accurately if your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels of lead. Follow instructions carefully for each test and compare results to the desired values.
Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kits are ideal for someone who...
- Is concerned about the water quality and needs to detect if there are high levels of lead in the water system.
- Has older pipes and needs to see if lead is leaching into the household water system.
- Detects dissolved lead at the EPA Action Level of 15 parts per billion
- Test results within 10 minutes - no mixing or measuring required
- Kit includes: 1 Lead test strip, 1 sample vial, 1 dropper pipette and 1 desiccant packet (to be discarded)
- Simple, easy instructions and interpretation of results
- Non-toxic test materials
- EPA-based, laboratory certified test kit
How do I perform the test
1. Take all contents out of the foil packet. Using dropper pipette, place water sample in the test vial. To pick up sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the pipette and place the open end into water sample. Release the bulb to pick up sample and next squeeze the bulb to add the sample to the vial. Use only one pipette-full of water. Swirl vial gently for several seconds. Place vial on a flat surface
2. Place the Watersafe test strip into test vial, with arrows pointing down
3. Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strip or vial during this time. Blue lines will appear on the strip
4. Take the strip out of the vial and read results:
- Negative: the LEFT line (next to number 1) is darker than the RIGHT line (next to number 2). If you only see the LEFT line, the test is negative.
- Positive: the RIGHT line (next to number 2) is darker than the LEFT line (next to number 1), or lines are equally dark.
Note: if no lines appear, or both lines are very light, the test did not run properly and the result is not valid. If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead at a toxic level.
Technical Specifications of Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kits
|Watersafe Drinking Water Lead Test Kits|