Vermont Furniture Low Footboard Edinburgh BedOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
Vermont Furniture Design's Edignburgh High Footboard bed consists of mission style legs with a bold latticework framework design on the head and foot board. The low footboard runs perpendicular with side rails providing the look of a platform bed in solid cherry and walnut wood. Choose from King or Queen sizes.
Vermont Furniture Low Footboard Edinburgh Bed
Headboard post height 48', Low Footboard post height 18', Height under rail 12.5'. Solid cherry and walnut wood.
AVAILABILITY: Because all furniture is hand-crafted, please allow 8-12 weeks for final delivery.
- Choose either a high profile footboard or low profile (not pictured) footboard design for the end of the bed. A high footboard creates more of a traditional look while the low footboard runs perpendicular with side rails providing the look of a platform bed. Only the high footboard is pictured. Please click here to see an example of a bed with the low profile footboard design.
- Framework consists mission style legs with a bold latticework design on the head and foot boards
- Constructed with solid cherry and walnut wood: Solid wood truly is beauty that lasts a lifetime. Solid hardwood means the grain of the lumber will carry through the core; it has not been engineered or glued. Engineered wood products are manufactured by binding together veneers, wood strands or fibers with toxic glues or adhesives to form a composite material. The look and feel of wood furniture is superior compared to most other types of modern furniture.
- Experienced Craftsman: Traditional craftsmanship and quality are evident in so many ways down to mortise and tenon joinery in these hand-made, hand-sanded beds with hand-rubbed oil finish
- Lasts a lifetime: Made of beautiful high-quality solid wood enhanced by unbroken lines; craftsman style furniture with solid wooden frames
- Natural Beauty: Oil finish develops a patina and depth of color unavailable with a lacquer finish
- Environmentally Friendly Hand-rubbed Linseed Oil Finish: boiled linseed oil thinned with odorless mineral spirits. While raw linseed oil is natural, the 'boiling' process requires the addition of small traces of chemical driers. However it is less toxic to you and the environment, as compared to other finishes such as lacquer, since the process produces no emissions to pollute the air.
Please note that every species of wood is unique and will react differently to a natural product. For example, soft or porous woods such as pine, alder, birch, fir, cedar and redwood may absorb oil unevenly; some woods may contain tannins and other extractives that will bleed through to the surface and affect appearance.
- Bed sizes: King and Queen size beds
Please note: We suggest the Shelburne beds to be used with mattresses only (without a box spring). The slat support system, the bed frame's design and a solid foundation provides full support and function for mattresses without a box spring.
Avoid sudden changes in humidity that would be caused by placing your furniture near a direct heat source. Also, there are variations in the color and darkening of individual pieces of wood and no guarantee they will match perfectly as they age. However, this does not affect the overall soundness and beauty of the hand made piece of furniture.
Please understand the limitations of wood and enjoy the process as it breathes along with you.
Vermont Furniture's elegant bedroom furniture sets are bench-crafted with the caring techniques of experienced craftsmen and the greatest attention to quality control. This begins with the careful selection of wood that matches in color and grain.
These beds are securely joined together with mortise and tenon joints to gain the superior strength and flexibility of movement allowed when one block of wood is inserted into another. All pieces are made with classic, high quality, solid cherry, maple or walnut hardwood, sanded smooth and hand rubbed with a linseed oil finish.
Summary:I loved that the furniture came with white glove delivery service and was delivered without a scratch. Awesome! Every time I walk into my office and see this furniture I think how beautiful it is and it is satisfying in this day and age to find furniture which has been so lovingly handcrafted, which manifests itself in how the drawers just glide out. The furniture collection in my office is sufficiently attractive that it routinely draws comments of admiration from visitors to our home. There is nothing utilitarian about this line of furniture although the designs are very functional. Yes, as I mentioned this is not cheap particle board furniture, it is agelessly furniture that you can pass down the generations if you so choose. In the meantime, you can treat yourself to this gorgeous furniture in your home. Each piece is made to order so do not be in a hurry as this manufacturer is always late in delivery - but the wait is oh so worth it!
Technical Specifications of Vermont Furniture Low Footboard Edinburgh Bed
|Vermont Furniture Low Footboard Edinburgh Bed|