Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard BedOur Expert Rating:
Vermont Furniture Heartwood beds are modern designs, hand-made in the American Craftsman furniture style. Wooden bed frame, bed footboard and headboard in king and queen size. Cherry, maple or walnut bedroom furniture.
Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed
Hand-rubbed linseed oil finish. Choose cherry, maple or walnut wood.
AVAILABILITY: Because all furniture is hand-crafted, please allow 8-12 weeks for final delivery.
See our entire line of Bedroom Furniture Accessories
- Choose either a high profile footboard or low profile (not pictured) footboard design for the end of the bed. A high footboard creates more of a traditional look while the low footboard runs perpendicular with side rails providing the look of a platform bed. Only the high footboard is pictured. Please click here to see an example of a bed with the low profile footboard design.
- Style: Legs have rounded lines for a solid, yet elegant appearance that is complimented by the curvature of the headboard and footboard
- Constructed with solid cherry, maple or walnut wood: Solid wood truly is beauty that lasts a lifetime. Solid hardwood means the grain of the lumber will carry through the core; it has not been engineered or glued. Engineered wood products are manufactured by binding together veneers, wood strands or fibers with toxic glues or adhesives to form a composite material. The look and feel of wood furniture is superior compared to most other types of modern furniture.
- Experienced Craftsman: Traditional craftsmanship and quality are evident in so many ways down to mortise and tenon joinery in these hand-made, hand-sanded beds with hand-rubbed oil finish.
- Lasts a lifetime: Made of beautiful high-quality solid wood enhanced by unbroken lines; craftsman style furniture with solid wooden frames
- Natural Beauty: Oil finish develops a patina and depth of color unavailable with a lacquer finish
- Environmentally Friendly Hand-rubbed Linseed Oil Finish: boiled linseed oil thinned with odorless mineral spirits. While raw linseed oil is natural, the 'boiling' process requires the addition of small traces of chemical driers. However it is less toxic to you and the environment, as compared to other finishes such as lacquer, since the process produces no emissions to pollute the air.
Please note that every species of wood is unique and will react differently to a natural product. For example, soft or porous woods such as pine, alder, birch, fir, cedar and redwood may absorb oil unevenly; some woods may contain tannins and other extractives that will bleed through to the surface and affect appearance.
- Wood selection: Choice of solid cherry, walnut, or maple beds
- Bed sizes: King and Queen size beds
Please note: We suggest the Chatham beds to be used with mattresses only (without a box spring). The slat support system, the bed frame's design and a solid foundation provides full support and function for mattresses without a box spring.
Avoid sudden changes in humidity that would be caused by placing your furniture near a direct heat source. Also, there are variations in the color and darkening of individual pieces of wood and no guarantee they will match perfectly as they age. However, this does not affect the overall soundness and beauty of the hand made piece of furniture.
Please understand the limitations of wood and enjoy the process as it breathes along with you.
These beds are securely joined together with mortise and tenon joints to gain the superior strength and flexibility of movement allowed when one block of wood is inserted into another. All pieces are made with classic, high quality, solid cherry, maple or walnut hardwood, sanded smooth and hand rubbed with either a linseed oil finish.
Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed
Technical Specifications of Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed
|Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed|
Video Reviews of Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed
Filters & Accessories for Vermont Furniture Heartwood High Footboard Bed
|Queen||65'W x 83.5'L|
|King||81'W x 83.5'L|
|Chatham Bed Frame||Dimensions|
|Headboard post height||54'|
|High Footboard post height||34'|
|Height under rail**||12 1/2'|
* - Loft is the height between the headboard and footboard.
** - Is the height from the ground up to the rail
Please Note: This is a custom order and not returnable
Shipping and handling charges: Free shipping does not apply to furniture. Shipping charges depend on location and item weight. Please call toll free at 1-888-236-7231 for a shipping quotation.