Ultrasonic humidifiers use high-frequency vibrations to generate a micro-fine mist which is output into your room for increased humidity. Ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers are best used to combat allergies and seasonal flu symptoms. If your house has excessively hard water, it will use a water softener to counteract the high mineral content. Unfortunately, a water softening system uses calcium, magnesium, and sodium, and those high sodium levels will create white dust when used in a cool mist humidifier. Our cool mist models are our top choice for your bedroom humidifier since they operate almost silently
For the best soothing, warm steam humidifier, you might consider our Boneco U300 Steam Humidifier.
For a large open area, we recommend our evaporative, fan-based Cool Mist Humidifiers.
Add to Compare
Ultrasonic Humidifier Info
Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier Pluses
- They are usually much quieter than evaporative cool mist units
- When using the warm mist option, the mist will evaporate faster into the air so you will be able to increase the humidity very fast. If using the humidifier in a bedroom you will not need to have it going all day.
- Warm mist humidifiers feel the most comfortable especially in Northern winters
- They require less cleaning
- There is no limit to how much humidity you can add to the air since the water mist droplets will not decrease regardless of the room humidity. These humidifiers are particularly beneficial if one wants to raise the humidity over 45% or higher such as preserving certain materials or products for example cigars, musical instruments, etc.
Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier Minuses
- They cover a smaller area than the evaporative cool mist humidifiers, often no more than one decent sized bedroom.
- They require placement at least 2 feet clearance from the floor to prevent the moisture from hitting the floor before it evaporates. Note that as the humidity increases in the room, the mist being emitted will take longer to evaporate into the air. Therefore, you may find it necessary to raise the humidifier positioning higher from the floor and/or use the warm mist option if available.