See all of our Solus Organics Bedding Collection.
- 100% Pure natural rubber, shredded
- Tested by the Eco Institute to be free from hazardous emissions and components
- 100% Organic damask cotton cover; removable
- Certified organic by GOTS
- Provides excellent heat and moisture regulation
- Superior air circulation
- Superior durability and elasticity
- Retains shape and firmness
- Filling can be adjusted to provide low or high loft
- Ideal for side, back and stomach sleepers
- Antibacterial, hypoallergenic and dust mite repellent
- Natural rubber is a renewable resource
DO NOT WASH. Protect the pillow with a pillow cover. Air the pillow seasonally to refresh. Spot clean cotton cover as needed.
Pure Natural Rubber foam is made from the milk (sap) tapped from the Hevea Brasiliensis, the common rubber tree, grown on Malaysian and Sri Lankan plantations. The Hevea milk is harvested in the morning and by afternoon it is being molded into sheets of pure natural rubber. No chemicals are added to the milk during this process. The natural rubber foam is made using the Dunlop system to produce the purest latex foam. This process involves only air, natural soap and vulcanization agents, which are used to ensure the latex foam keeps its form. The finished latex foam is shipped to Canada where the pillows are expertly crafted and covered. Manufacturing the latex foam where the sap is harvested helps sustain the local economy and provide jobs without depleting the natural resources of the country of origin.
Damask cotton is 100% organic, certified through GOTS. It is cultivated and hand picked in the traditional co-operative manner that has been followed for centuries in the Canete and Chincha valleys high in the Peruvian Andes. It is grown organically without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides or defoliants to fertilize the crop, control plant growth or fight pests. No synthetic chemicals are used to strip the leaves in preparation for the harvest or during the manufacturing process. It is woven to very high standards into the finest fabrics, in Peru and Belgium.
- A great choice for side, back or stomach sleepers.
- Very versatile - pillow can be shaped to have a high or low loft.
- Shredded rubber fill can be bunched and scrunched into whatever position feels best and provides your desired level of support.
- Made using the purest of natural rubber and certified organic cotton.
- A healthy choice that is hypoallergenic and resists the growth of mold or mildew.
- Dust mites cannot not live in natural rubber.
- An environmentally friendly and socially responsible pillow choice.
- Vegan pillow choice.
- Biodegradable and can be recycled at the end of its life.
- Available in different sizes.
- Natural rubber can have a light, natural odor.
- Shredded natural rubber as a lumpy feel.
- Heavier than a down or synthetic fill pillow.
Summary:We are a big fan of the Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow and feel it is a great fit for wide variety of people accommodating all sleep positions. Not only is it a safe choice for an allergy sufferer or the chemically sensitive, but it's vegan and crafted using environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing. Our testing team loved the flexibility of this pillow's shredded rubber filling. It is a perfect pillow for someone who likes to bunch and re-shape their pillow. Please keep in mind that although the shredded rubber filling is soft and resilient, it does have a slight "lumpy” feel because of all of the rubber pieces. None the less, we found that once you get used to the shredded rubber's non-traditional feel, you will love it.
Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow
Technical Specifications of Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow
|Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow|
Video Reviews of Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow
Filters & Accessories for Solus Organic Shredded Natural Rubber Pillow
|Standard||20" x 26"|
|Queen||20" x 30"|
|King||20" x 36"|
|Travel||15" x 19"|