Pristine® Dust Mite & Allergen Barrier Pillow CoversOur Expert Rating:
Click for more info +
Pristine dust mite & allergen barrier pillow covers. Soft, effective dust mite barrier for your pillow. 100% polyester, non-membrane pillow cover with a soft 240 thread count and 5.7 micron pore size. Made in the USA. See our ratings and reviews on Pristine dust mite covers.
Pristine Dust Mite Pillow Covers
Includes 2 pillow covers. Certified allergen barrier with average pore size of 5.7 microns
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Same or Next Business Day.
View our entire collection of Pristine® Dust Mite Covers.
- Made from 100% polyester (Pristine® style #66457)
- Tight woven construction only allows air and moisture vapor to penetrate the fabric
- Pristine® fabric has been awarded the only two patents in the allergen barrier cover category (U.S. Patent Nos. 6,277,770 & 7,290,381)
- Tested by IBT Reference Laboratory to ensure allergen barrier performance
- Small average pore size of 5.7 microns
- No added chemicals or harsh fabric treatments
- No urethane membrane
- Combines total allergen protection with an extraordinarily high level of comfort
- Very breathable: permeable to air and water vapor (MVTR = 1109)
- Durable construction: sewn with over lock safety stitch, 8-10 stitches/inch
- Fabric weight: 4.0 oz per square yard with 240 threads stitched per square inch
- Fabric is uniquely manufactured to maintain the integrity of the pore size through frequent washings
- Heavy gauge, rust proof, polyester zipper
- Pillow covers zip at one end
- Sold as set of two
- Available size: Standard, Queen or King
- Warranty: Guaranteed to be free of defect in workmanship and materials for 1 year
- Made in the USA
|Pristine® fabrics are constructed of very tightly woven yarns, specially selected to give the best balance of softness, comfort, and color fastness. A unique finishing process allows these finely-textured yarns to create extremely small pores in the fabrics. These micro-pores allow air and moisture vapor to pass through, but are small enough to form a barrier to dust, dust mites, and associated allergens. Pristine® fabrics are not coated, laminated or otherwise given any finish that can come off during use.|
|If you wake up in the morning with itchy, watery eyes, nasal stuffiness, runny nose, and in some cases asthma you may be allergic to dust mites and their allergens. These allergic reactions to dust mite allergens can be a year round problem.
Dust mites live in pillows, mattresses, comforters, carpeting and upholstery. These dust mite covers provide a barrier for up to 99.95% of mites and their allergens. They also protect you from mold spores that may exist in your camp or vacation home bedding.
Machine wash and dry up to 140 degrees. Can also be hung to dry to extend product life.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (is it quiet, does it feel like plastic)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Excellent barrier against dust mites and allergens with a small mean pore size of 5.7 microns.
- Departments of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology at two leading Colleges of Medicine found that Pristine® is an effective barrier to dust, dust mites, and associated allergens.
- Very breathable with a moisture vapor transfer rate of 1109 (cotton has a MVTR of around 900).
- Very comfortable to sleep on, no membrane and it does not have a crinkle feel or sound.
- Zipper closures are easy to use and create a secure, sealed fit.
- Easy to care for - safe to machine wash and dry.
- Durable construction and fabric.
- Pristine® fabric has been designed to remain an effective allergen barrier after repeat washings and withholds its tight weave and small pore size better than the average woven fabric. During an independent test, after 50 washes, our style of Pristine® fabric actually measured a smaller pore size of 4.3 microns.
- Made in the USA.
- Made from synthetic fiber.
- Does not offer waterproof protection.
Summary:Pristine® is one of the best know allergen barrier fabrics on the market. It is a patented, membrane-free, micro-weave polyester fabric that feels nice to the touch. It has a small, 5.7 micron pore size that provides great protection against dust mites and their allergens. Pristine® pillow covers are cool, quiet and breathable to sleep on and are unnoticeable under your pillowcases. A huge benefit of the Pristine® fabric is it can withstand frequent laundering and still retain its tight weave and small pore size.
Technical Specifications of Pristine Dust Mite Pillow Covers
|Pristine Dust Mite Pillow Covers|
|Dust Mite Encasing Fabric|
|Dust Mite Encasing Fabric||100% Polyester|
|Average Pore Size|
|Average Pore Size||5.7 micron|
Video Reviews of Pristine Dust Mite Pillow Covers
Filters & Accessories for Pristine Dust Mite Pillow Covers
|Standard||21" x 27"|
|Queen||21" x 31"|
|King||21" x 37"|
Please Note: dimensions in chart reflect size after washing. These covers are slightly oversize to allow for shrinkage. For best fit wash and dry before using.