Oransi V HEPA Max Air PurifiersOur Expert Rating:
The Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
The Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier is out of stock. Replacement filters are available below.
- Wants a good quality air purifier for allergen removal and light gas and odor control.
- Wants a quiet air purifier that is easy to use and cleans a medium to large sized room.
- Wants an air purifier that is simple to operate and cost effective to maintain.
- For removal of airborne particles and light gas and odor control
- Maximum coverage: 1238 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: 413 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
- Large room air purifier
- Removes over 99% of mold, pollen, dust, bacteria, pet dander and other airborne particulates as small as 0.3 microns
- Cleanable pre-filter
- V-HEPA filter (HEPA-type)
- Activated carbon mesh filter (1-inch thick)
- Anion negative ionizer
- v-seal around filter media with v-lock prevents air leakage
- Produces no detectable ozone
- 4 fan speeds
- Quiet - only 34 decibels on lowest fan speed
- Electronic controls with LED display
- Auto mode
- 1-12 hour timer
- Check filter indicator
- Dust and Gas air quality sensor
- Air inflow through sides, outflow through top
- Can be placed against a wall
- Exceeds Energy Star Requirements
- ETL, GS, CE, CARB and RoHS certified
- Color: white with black display panel
- ABS plastic housing
- Made in China
1) Air first enters the pre-filter where the largest particles are captured. The pre-filter enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
2) Air then passes through the High-Efficiency v-HEPA Filter which effectively removes up to 99% of airborne pollutant particles that pass through the system. This includes contaminant particles such as pollen, bacteria, dust mites, viruses, smoke, and other airborne impurities as small as 0.3 micron. Unique low airflow resistance filter technology makes the air purifier more powerful and effective.
3) Next, the air moves through the 1-inch thick Activated Carbon Mesh Post Filter trapping chemicals, gases and odors. This carbon post filter is much more effective than a standard carbon mesh post filter which is typically less than 1/4th-inch thick.
4) Lastly, the Anion negative ionizer, a low level and ozone safe ionizer, emits nano piezo-electric ions to freshen and balance the air, making your room more like a natural environment. The Anion negative ionizer helps neutralize the surplus of positive charges from TVs, computer monitors and other electronics.
Replace pre-filter, v-HEPA and carbon filter every 12-18 months of continuous use in normal environments. Pre-filter should be lightly vacuumed or cleaned with a damp cloth every 3 months to remove excess dust. The check filter indicator will illuminate after 3,000 hours of use to remind the user to check the pre-filter. The v-HEPA filter has a color chart printed on its frame to visually show whether it is time to be replaced.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration|
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
- The Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier tested very good for particulate removal. Our testing showed a filtration efficiency of 96% at 0.3 microns while operating on silent (low) speed setting.
- This is a quiet air purifier. The lowest fan setting is virtually silent. Even when running on turbo, the highest fan setting, it sounds comparable to a regular fan on low.
- The look of this air purifier is modern and simple. It has a slim design which fits nicely up against a wall, out of the way.
- Its push button controls are clearly labeled and intuitive to use. They are nicely integrated into the design of the air purifier maintaining a modern, sleek look.
- The air purifier has a large LED display panel that shows what setting it is on and will indicate air quality and when the filter needs to be checked.
- Auto mode delivers ‘set it and leave it’ convenience. While on auto mode the gas and dust sensor monitor air quality levels and automatically adjusts fan speeds as needed. When the air is very good, the air purifier runs on silent (low) fan speed. When the air quality becomes polluted it turns onto turbo (highest) fan speed to take care of the odor or increase in particulates that is causing the poor air quality.
- Filter changes are quick and easy requiring no tools or heavy lifting.
- V-Lock system holds the filters securely in place to ensure a tight seal when cover is replaced so no air can bypass the filter system.
- Minimal amount of carbon will only remove light odors and gases. Not for enviornments polluted by strong gases or chemicals.
- Indicator light for fan speed can not be shut off or dimmed which is not ideal for someone who likes complete darkness at night.
Summary:The Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier would be a good choice for someone who is looking for an easy to use air purifier for general control of allergens and household odors. This air purifier is a good fit for a medium to large size bedroom or living area. Pick a spot where you want to put it, hit the power button, select auto mode, and it will do the rest. Or, use the timer and let it run for a period of 1-12 hours and it will shut itself off. Keep in mind that when operating on the lowest fan setting, which is what the air purifier will default to on auto-mode when air quality is good, its maximum room coverage is around 560 square feet.
Technical Specifications of Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier
|Oransi V-HEPA Max Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||Max: 1238 sq. ft.
Recommended: 413 sq. ft.
|Power Requirements||115V, 60Hz|
|Energy Consumption||90 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||n/a|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1= 150 cfm, Speed 2= 206 cfm, Speed 3= 267cfm, Speed 4=330 cfm|
|Decibels||34 dB - 53 dB|
|Dimensions||22"H x 17"W x 8"D|
|Warranty||10 year warranty|