Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown® Comforter - 800-FillOur Expert Rating:
The Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
The Wildwood Comforter is the Ogallala Comfort Company's purest comforter. This Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood organic comforter features a 280-thread count cambric cotton cover with 14" baffled-box stitching. Organic, hypoallergenic comforter with an 800-fill power. Weight: Lightweight. Available in sizes Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King and Super King. See our expert rating & reviews.
Customers Also Bought
See our Complete Selection of Ogallala Bedding.
- Wants a down comforter but is allergic to or gets irritated by regular down fill
- Wants a down comforter that is lightweight and not too heavy while they're sleeping
- Needs a natural, dye-free, unbleached, chemical-free, hypoallergenic comforter
- Would like a high-quality, well-manufactured and eco-friendly comforter that is OEKO-TEX® certified
- Sleeps warm and would benefit from a lightweight down comforter
- Organic, unbleached, undyed, eco-friendly cambric cotton cover
- Hypodown® 800-fill power: 70% white goose down and 30% Syriaca clusters
- 280-thread count
- 14" baffle-box stitching
- 3-D baffling
- Weight: lightweight
- Natural and chemical-free
- Color: Ecru with dark speckling
- Texture: pressed feeling
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified product
- RDS (Responsible Down Standard) certified down
- Available in sizes Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King and Super King
- Manufacturer's limited 15-year warranty
|Hypodown® is Hypoallergenic
Goose down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining on the down after washing and processing. Our duvets and pillows are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down allergies.
Note: Hypodown® has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown® without having a reaction.
|Syriaca clusters are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause allergic reactions. Syriaca floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself. When syriaca floss and goose down are combined, the floss traps and suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound of Syriaca clusters.|
The At-Home Laundering Instructions:
The “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and voids any warranty coverage. We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals! However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
1. Use a large-capacity, front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
2. Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc) or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite.
3. Washing machine settings should be on cold water and the cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
4. After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
5. Dry in a large-capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes, you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
The Wildwood Organic Hypodown® 800-Fill comforter features 70% pure white goose down and 30% Syriaca clusters. The down and Syriaca in these comforters is the cleanest, least treated fibers we could find anywhere—due to the quality of materials used, cleaning process and the addition of the natural Syriaca clusters.
OEKO-TEX® standard is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The standards are globally binding and reviewed/modified/expanded each year. The test parameters include: (1) substances banned by law, (2) substances regulated by law, (3) substances know to be harmful to health which have not yet been explicitly regulated by law, and (4) parameters for safeguarding health.
OEKO-TEX® products are tested for formaldehyde, pesticides, extractable heavy metals, organochloride carriers as well as preservatives such as tetra and pentachlorophenol. Textiles are also tested for banned carcinogenic and proven allergenic substances and must have skin-friendly pH values and acceptable color fastness.
The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are 16 independent accredited facilities for textile testing and research and the Association currently operates 50 contact offices in all important global regions of textile production.
- Hypodown® is natural, hypoallergenic, recyclable, biodegradable, renewable and efficient, plus it saves energy and reduces carbon footprints
- Hypodown® protects monarch butterfly habitats—the Ogallala Comfort Company turned their milkweed farms into monarch butterfly sanctuaries that enrich the economy and the environment
- Goose down and milkweed fibers (Syriaca) are among the lowest carbon footprint of any other natural fill material
- Hypodown® comforters help you to sleep cooler so you're comfortable throughout the night
- Goose down is one of the lightest, most efficient forms of insulation
- Syriaca clusters are untreated fibers that trap and suppress allergens that are naturally found in down, so you can be sure that your comforter is truly hypoallergenic
Summary:Experience a natural, luxurious night's sleep with the Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown® Comforter. This comforter is a great choice for those that are allergic to down bedding because it is organic, chemical-free and hypoallergenic—the interior fill blend of 70% white goose down and 30% Syriaca clusters will not cause an allergic reaction like regular down filling may. The Wildwood comforter has a neutral ecru color with dark speckling and 14" baffled-box stitching that will look nice in any bedroom. The Ogallala Comfort Company Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown® Comforter is an alergy-sufferer's dream and you will sleep well knowing this high-quality comforter is backed by a manufacturer's 15-year guarantee.
Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill
Technical Specifications of Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill
|Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill|
|Comforters Construction||14" Baffle Box|
|Comforters Weight or Season|
|Comforters Weight or Season||Lightweight|
|Comforters Covers||280 thread count cambric cotton|
|Down Comforter Fill|
|Down Comforter Fill||70% White Goose Down and 30% Syriaca Clusters|
|Comforters Sizes||Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King, Super King|
Video Reviews of Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill
Filters & Accessories for Ogallala Wildwood Organic Lightweight Hypodown Comforter 800-Fill
|Twin/XL Twin||70" x 90"||19 ounces|
|Full/Queen||90" x 94"||27 ounces|
|King||106" x 94"||28 ounces|
|Grand King||108" x 98"||32 ounces|
|Super King||115" x 110"||38 ounces|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.