Ogallala Comfort Company Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
The Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow is the Ogallala Comfort Company's most popular traditional pillow style. The Sequoia pillow features a 700-fill power and a soft, double-layer, 383-thread count cotton sateen fabric cover with luxurious satin piping edging. Color: Pearl White. Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King. See our expert rating & reviews.
Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
Firmness: Medium. 700 fill. 383-thread count cotton sateen cover. Sizes: Standard, Queen and King. Color: Pearl White.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Within 2-3 Business Days.
Customers Also Bought
See our Complete Selection of Ogallala Bedding.
Ogallala Comfort Company Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill are ideal for someone who...
- Is suffereing from allergies or asthma and needs a high-quality down pillow that will not trigger an allergic reaction
- Wants a pillow with medium support for a supportive and comfortable night's rest
- Is seeking a down pillow that is hypoallergenic and will not cause an allergic reaction
- Would like a down pillow that consists of RDS (Responsible Down Standard) certified down
- Firmness: medium
- Double-layer construction
- Hypodown® 700-fill power
- Fill consists of 80% goose down and 20% Syriaca clusters
- 383-thread count, cotton sateen fabric cover
- OEKO-TEX® certified
- RDS (Responsible Down Standard) certified down
- Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King
- Color: Pearl White
- Manufacturer's 15-year guarantee
|Hypodown® is Hypoallergenic
Goose down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining on the down after washing and processing. Our duvets and pillows are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down allergies.
Note: Hypodown® has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown® without having a reaction.
|Syriaca clusters are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause allergic reactions. Syriaca floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself. When syriaca floss and goose down are combined, the floss traps and suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound of Syriaca clusters.|
The At-Home Laundering Instructions:
The “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and voids any warranty coverage. We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals! However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
1. Use a large-capacity, front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
2. Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc) or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite.
3. Washing machine settings should be on cold water and the cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
4. After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
5. Dry in a large-capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes, you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
Thread count of pillow:
These beautiful hypo-allergenic European goose down pillows have a thread count of 383. Thread count is the number of threads per inch of a fabric. The higher the count, the smoother and silkier the fabric feels. The higher thread count also provides a stronger barrier to any of the fill escaping from the pillow.
How are Hypodown® pillows made?
- Down is harvested during the natural molting process from farm raised geese; the cleanest, fluffiest down is sought after
- The processing team captures large syriaca clusters extracted from the finest pods in U.S. farms, and transfers them to the patented Hypodown Blender
- The Hypodown blender combines the syriaca clusters and goose down
- Forced air whirls and twirls, mixing the two fibers creating Hypodown
- A 383 thread count double pillow shell is unbleached, undyed ecru colored 100% cotton fabric, specially constructed to contain the hypodown fill
OEKO-TEX® standard is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The standards are globally binding and reviewed/modified/expanded each year. The test parameters include: (1) substances banned by law, (2) substances regulated by law, (3) substances know to be harmful to health which have not yet been explicitly regulated by law, and (4) parameters for safeguarding health.
OEKO-TEX® products are tested for formaldehyde, pesticides, extractable heavy metals, organochloride carriers as well as preservatives such as tetra and pentachlorophenol. Textiles are also tested for banned carcinogenic and proven allergenic substances and must have skin-friendly pH values and acceptable color fastness.
The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are 16 independent accredited facilities for textile testing and research and the Association currently operates 50 contact offices in all important global regions of textile production.
- The Sequoia pillow is hypoallergenic and will not cause an allergic reaction, so you can sleep well
- The 383-thread count cotton sateen cover is soft and provides comfortable support
- The pillow's 700-fill power and double-layer construction will provide comfort all night long
- The Sequoia pillow's satin edged piping adds a touch of elegance to your bedding
- Hypodown® is hypoallergenic, biodegradable, natural, renewable, efficient, saves energy and helps to reduce carbon footprints
- Hypodown® protects the monarch butterfly habitat—the Ogallala Comfort Company turned their milkweed farms into monarch butterfly sanctuaries. These sanctuaries enrich the economy and the environment.
- Goose down and milkweed fibers (Syriaca) are among the lowest carbon footprint of any natural fill material
- Goose down is one of the lightest and most efficient forms of insulation
- Syriaca clusters trap and suppress allergens that are naturally found in down, so you can be sure that your pillow is truly hypoallergenic
- The manufacturer offers a long, 15-year guarantee
Summary:We know that you will love sleeping on the Ogallala Comfort Company Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow, the most popular pillow style in their line. The Sequoia Medium Hypodown® pillow is hypoallergenic, so you will get a healthy, restful night's sleep. The pillow features medium support with 700-fill power and a soft, 383-thread count cotton sateen fabric cover. The Sequoia features a satin piping edge that will look luxurious on your bed. The beautiful Sequoia Hypodown® Medium pillow is backed by a manufacturer's 15-year guarantee, providing years of all-night comfort and support.
Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
Technical Specifications of Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
|Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill|
|Thread count||383 TC|
|Pillow covering||Cotton sateen|
|Fill||80% goose down and 20% Syriaca clusters|
Video Reviews of Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
Filters & Accessories for Ogallala Sequoia Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 700 Fill
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||700 Fill Weight|
|Standard||20" x 26"||16 oz.|
|Queen||20" x 30"||21 oz.|
|King||20" x 36"||24 oz.|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.