Ogallala Comfort Company Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-FillOur Expert Rating:
The Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
Indulge in the bed of your dreams with the Ogallala Comfort Company Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter. The Brook comforter features a truly hypoallergenic Hypodown® 600-fill, a 383-thread count cotton sateen, pearl white cover and 14" baffled-box stitching. Available in sizes Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King and Super King. See our expert rating & reviews.
Customers Also Bought
See our Complete Selection of Ogallala Bedding.
- Suffers from asthma or allergy symptoms and needs a hypoallergenic comforter that will not trigger an allergic reaction
- Likes the comfort of a down comforter, but needs an alternative fill because they are allergic to or irritated by down
- Would like a warm-weight comforter that will provide warmth all night long
- Is seeking a high-quality and environmentally-friendly comforter that is OEKO-TEX® certified
- Traditional white down comforter
- Weight: warm
- 600-fill power
- Hypodown® fill: 70% white down and 30% Syriaca clusters
- Truly hypoallergenic fill
- 383-thread count cotton sateen cover
- 14" baffled-box stitching
- Color: pearl white
- OEKO-TEX® certified
- RDS (Responsible Down Standard) certified down
- Sizes: Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King and Super King
- Manufacturer's 15-year guarantee
|Hypodown® is Hypoallergenic
Down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining on the down after washing and processing. Our duvets and pillows are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down allergies.
Note: Hypodown® has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown® without having a reaction.
|Syriaca clusters are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause allergic reactions. Syriaca floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself. When syriaca floss and down are combined, the floss traps and suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound of Syriaca clusters.|
The At-Home Laundering Instructions:
The “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and voids any warranty coverage. We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals! However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
1. Use a large-capacity, front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
2. Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc) or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite.
3. Washing machine settings should be on cold water and the cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
4. After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
5. Dry in a large-capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes, you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
Thread count of pillow:
These beautiful hypoallergenic down pillows have a thread count of 383. Thread count is the number of threads per inch of a fabric. The higher the count, the smoother and silkier the fabric feels. The higher thread count also provides a stronger barrier to any of the fill escaping from the pillow.
How are Hypodown® pillows made?
- Down is harvested during the natural molting process from farm raised geese; the cleanest, fluffiest down is sought after
- The processing team captures large Syriaca clusters extracted from the finest pods in U.S. farms, and transfers them to the patented Hypodown Blender
- The Hypodown blender combines the Syriaca clusters and down
- Forced air whirls and twirls, mixing the two fibers creating Hypodown
- A 383 thread count double pillow shell is unbleached, undyed ecru colored 100% cotton fabric, specially constructed to contain the hypodown fill
OEKO-TEX® standard is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The standards are globally binding and reviewed/modified/expanded each year. The test parameters include: (1) substances banned by law, (2) substances regulated by law, (3) substances know to be harmful to health which have not yet been explicitly regulated by law, and (4) parameters for safeguarding health.
OEKO-TEX® products are tested for formaldehyde, pesticides, extractable heavy metals, organochloride carriers as well as preservatives such as tetra and pentachlorophenol. Textiles are also tested for banned carcinogenic and proven allergenic substances and must have skin-friendly pH values and acceptable color fastness.
The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are 16 independent accredited facilities for textile testing and research and the Association currently operates 50 contact offices in all important global regions of textile production.
- Hypodown® is natural, hypoallergenic, recyclable, renewable, biodegradable and efficient
- Hypodown® saves energy and helps to reduce carbon footprints
- The Ogallala Comfort Company turned their milkweed farms into monarch butterfly sanctuaries—these sanctuaries enrich the economy and the environment and help to protect the monarch butterfly habitat
- Syriaca is among the lowest carbon footprint of any natural fill material
- The warm fill will keep you cozy and comfortable all night long
- Syriaca clusters trap and suppress allergens that are found in down naturally—you can trust that your comforter is completely hypoallergenic and won't cause an allergic reaction or irritation
- Baffled-box stitching will keep the Hypodown® fill evenly distributed throughout the comforter
- The Ogallala Comfort Company offers a long, 15-year guarantee
Summary:You will be excited to get into bed each night with the comfort of the Ogallala Comfort Company Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter. The Brook comforter provides a warm layer on your bed that will keep you comfortable throughout the entire night. The comforter features beautiful craftsmanship with 14" baffled-box stitching and a neutral, pearl white color that will look lovely with any bedding. The Brook comforter has a 600-fill that is made of a unique blend of white down and Syriaca clusters, making this comforter truly hypoallergenic and perfect for those that are irritated by or are allergic to regular down comforters. The Ogallala Comfort Company Brook Warm Hypodown® comforter offers the warmth and comfort you've been dreaming of and is covered by a manufacturer's 15-year guarantee.
Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill
Technical Specifications of Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill
|Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill|
|Comforters Construction||14" baffled-box stitching|
|Comforters Weight or Season|
|Comforters Weight or Season||Warm|
|Comforters Covers||383-thread count cotton sateen fabric|
|Down Comforter Fill|
|Down Comforter Fill||70% white down and 30% Syriaca Clusters|
|Comforters Sizes||Twin/XL Twin, Full/Queen, King, Grand King, Super King|
|Comforters Color||Pearl White|
Video Reviews of Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill
Filters & Accessories for Ogallala Brook Warm Hypodown® Comforter - 600-Fill
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||600 Fill Weight|
|Twin/XL Twin||70" x 90"||24 oz.|
|Full/Queen||90" x 94"||40 oz.|
|King||106" x 94"||47 oz.|
|Grand King||108" x 98"||50 oz.|
|Super King||115" x 110"||59 oz.|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.