Ogallala Comfort Company Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
The Ogallala Comfort Company Aspen Medium Hypodown® pillow is luxurious and features a double-layer construction with 900 fill power and a soft, 485 thread count cotton sateen cover for a comfortable night's sleep. This Aspen pillow is edged with satin piping for a touch of elegance. Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King. See our expert rating & reviews.
Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Firmness: Medium. 900 fill. 485 thread count cotton sateen cover. Sizes: Standard, Queen and King. Color: White.
AVAILABILITY: In Stock. Ships Within 2-3 Business Days.
Customers Also Bought
Ogallala Aspen Firm Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Ogallala Aspen Soft Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Ogallala Aspen Extra-Firm Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Ogallala Aspen Warm Hypodown Comforter - 900 Fill
Ogallala Sequoia Lightweight Hypodown Comforter - 700 Fill
See our Complete Selection of Ogallala Bedding.
Ogallala Comfort Company Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill are ideal for someone who...
- Suffers from allergies or asthma and needs a high-quality down pillow that won't trigger an allergic reaction
- Is seeking a pillow with a high fill power and double-layered construction for a comfortable night's rest
- Would like a down pillow that has been hypoallergenic tested by allergy and asthma doctors to be reaction free
- Wants a down pillow that meets and/or exceeds the United States standard down-testing requirements
- Firmness: medium
- Double-layer construction
- Hypodown® 900 fill
- 80% goose down and 20% Syriaca clusters
- 485 thread count, cotton sateen fabric
- Hand-crafted design
- Satin piping edging
- Responsible Down Standard Certified
- OEKO-TEX® certified
- Available in sizes Standard, Queen and King
- Manufacturer's 15-year guarantee
|Hypodown® is Hypoallergenic
Goose down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining on the down after washing and processing. Our duvets and pillows are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down allergies.
Note: Hypodown® has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown® without having a reaction.
|Syriaca clusters are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause allergic reactions. Syriaca floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself. When syriaca floss and goose down are combined, the floss traps and suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound of Syriaca clusters.|
The At-Home Laundering Instruction - the “do-it-yourself” laundering approach is at your own risk and does void any warranty coverage. We would highly recommend to leave the laundering to the professionals. However, if you are feeling brave, here’s how:
- Use a large-capacity front-loading washing machine. DO NOT use a top-loading washing machine.
- Detergent must be an approved down-wash, such as Down Wash (by Le Blanc), or Dreft. DO NOT use Woolite. Washing machine settings should be on cold water, and cycle should be DELICATE or HAND WASH.
- After the first cycle is complete, run the cycle again without detergent to ensure all of the soap is removed.
- Dry in a large-capacity dryer at medium heat for a minimum of 6-8 hours, checking every 30 minutes to pull apart down clumps. When you think your comforter or pillow is dry, put it back into the dryer for one or two more cycles. Yes – you just read that right! DO NOT attempt to air dry since it will not dry quickly enough and will cause mildew.
Thread count of pillow:
These beautiful hypo-allergenic European goose down pillows have a thread count of 485. Thread count is the number of threads per inch of a fabric. The higher the count, the smoother and silkier the fabric feels. The higher thread count also provides a stronger barrier to any of the fill escaping from the pillow.
How are Hypodown® pillows made?
- Down is harvested during the natural molting process from farm raised geese; the cleanest, fluffiest down is sought after
- The processing team captures large syriaca clusters extracted from the finest pods in U.S. farms, and transfers them to the patented Hypodown Blender
- The Hypodown blender combines the syriaca clusters and goose down
- Forced air whirls and twirls, mixing the two fibers creating Hypodown
- A 485 thread count double pillow shell is unbleached, undyed ecru colored 100% cotton fabric, specially constructed to contain the hypodown fill
OEKO-TEX® standard is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances. The standards are globally binding and reviewed/modified/expanded each year. The test parameters include: (1) substances banned by law, (2) substances regulated by law, (3) substances know to be harmful to health which have not yet been explicitly regulated by law, and (4) parameters for safeguarding health.
OEKO-TEX® products are tested for formaldehyde, pesticides, extractable heavy metals, organochloride carriers as well as preservatives such as tetra and pentachlorophenol. Textiles are also tested for banned carcinogenic and proven allergenic substances and must have skin-friendly pH values and acceptable color fastness.
The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are 16 independent accredited facilities for textile testing and research and the Association currently operates 50 contact offices in all important global regions of textile production.
- Hypodown® wicks moisture away from the body 30% faster than down and 70% faster than synthetics, keeping you comfortable all night long
- This pillow is hypoallergenic and won't cause allergic reaction, so you can sleep soundly
- The 485 thread count cotton sateen cover is soft and very comfortable to rest your head on
- Its 900-fill, double-layer construction will cradle your head for a comfortable night's sleep
- The satin edged piping adds a touch of elegant design to your bedding
- The manufacturer provides a long, 15-year guarantee
Summary:The Ogallala Comfort Company Aspen Medium Hypodown® pillows provide comfort, support and an elegant design that will look great with your bedding. The Aspen pillows have a unique, hypoallergenic fill that is clean and free of dust particles, making it great for those that are allergic to regular down bedding. The Aspen medium pillow features a soft, 485 thread count cotton sateen cover that is luxurious and soft to the touch, so you're sure to get a comfortable night's sleep. These Aspen pillows by Ogallala Comfort Company are hand crafted, made to last and are covered by a manufacturer's 15-year guarantee.
Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Technical Specifications of Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
|Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill|
|Thread count||485 TC|
|Pillow covering||Cotton sateen|
|Fill||80% goose down and 20% Syriaca clusters|
Video Reviews of Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
Filters & Accessories for Ogallala Aspen Medium Hypodown® Pillow - 900 Fill
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||900 Fill Weight|
|Standard||20" x 26"||14 oz.|
|Queen||20" x 30"||18 oz.|
|King||20" x 36"||21 oz.|
Please Note: Opened bedding is not returnable unless covered under the warranty.