Solid Wood Bedroom Sets - Chatham CollectionOur Expert Rating:
New England Wood bedroom sets are beautiful examples of American Craftsman furniture. Hand made furniture set includes wooden bed frame, bed footboard and headboard in king size and queen size, nightstands, blanket chest and dresser. Cherry, maple or walnut wood selection.
New England Wood Chatham Bedroom Sets
QUEEN Chatham bed, 2 Chatham Nighstands, 1 2-Drawer Blanket Chest and 1 7-Drawer Dresser. Choose cherry, maple or walnut wood
AVAILABILITY: Because all furniture is hand-crafted, please allow 8-12 weeks for final delivery.
Complete Chatham Bedroom Set Includes:
- Chatham Bed - Choose either a high profile footboard or low profile (not pictured) footboard design for the end of the bed. A high footboard creates more of a traditional look while the low footboard runs perpendicular with side rails providing the look of a platform bed. Only the high footboard is pictured. Please click here to see an example of a bed with the low profile footboard design.
- 2 Chatham Nighstands
- Chatham 2-Drawer Blanket Chest
- Chatham 7-Drawer Dresser
- Style: Legs and the undersides of top surfaces have rounded lines for a solid, yet elegant appearance that is complimented by the curvature of the headboard and footboard
- Constructed with solid cherry, maple or walnut wood: Solid wood truly is beauty that lasts a lifetime. Solid hardwood means the grain of the lumber will carry through the core; it has not been engineered or glued. Engineered wood products are manufactured by binding together veneers, wood strands or fibers with toxic glues or adhesives to form a composite material. The look and feel of wood furniture is superior compared to most other types of modern furniture.
- Experienced Craftsman: Traditional craftsmanship and quality are evident in so many ways down to the use of mortise and tenon joints and floating panel side construction in these hand-made, hand-sanded bedroom furniture sets with hand-rubbed oil finish
- Floating side panels: Solid hardwood floating panels are used on the sides and is fitted and inserted into the frame. This construction method allows the panel to breathe within the borders of the frame and prevents the piece from warping or cracking. Floating panels are also aesthetically pleasing and add a decorative element to the piece.
- Lasts a lifetime: Made of beautiful high-quality solid wood enhanced by unbroken lines; craftsman style furniture with solid wood frame and panel side construction sets this furniture apart from standard slab-sided furniture
- Natural Beauty: Oil finish develops a patina and depth of color unavailable with a lacquer finish
- Environmentally Friendly Hand-rubbed Linseed Oil Finish: boiled linseed oil thinned with odorless mineral spirits. While raw linseed oil is natural, the 'boiling' process requires the addition of small traces of chemical driers. However it is less toxic to you and the environment, as compared to other finishes such as lacquer, since the process produces no emissions to pollute the air.
Please note that every species of wood is unique and will react differently to a natural product. For example, soft or porous woods such as pine, alder, birch, fir, cedar and redwood may absorb oil unevenly; some woods may contain tannins and other extractives that will bleed through to the surface and affect appearance.
- Wood selection: Choice of solid cherry, walnut, or maple bedroom furniture
- Bed Sizes: King or Queen beds
Please note: We suggest the Chatham beds to be used with mattresses only (without a box spring). The slat support system, the bed frame's design and a solid foundation provides full support and function for mattresses without a box spring.
Complete instructions along with ongoing care are provided with the furniture at time of purchase. It is suggested that you avoid tung oil and do not use furniture polish, dusting sprays that include a polish, or any wax. Shortly after the pieces are placed in your home, re-oiling is recommended, and periodically after that.
Objects should not be left for long periods of time on the flat surfaces, as areas protected from both air and sunlight will darken much more slowly than the surrounding area. Avoid sudden changes in humidity that would be caused by placing your furniture near a direct heat source. Also, there are variations in the color and darkening of individual pieces of wood and no guarantee they will match perfectly as they age. However, this does not affect the overall soundness and beauty of the hand made piece of furniture.
Please understand the limitations of wood and enjoy the process as it breathes along with you.
New England Wood elegant bedroom furniture sets are bench-crafted with the caring techniques of experienced craftsmen and the greatest attention to quality control. This begins with the careful selection of wood that matches in color and grain.
These pieces are securely joined together with mortise and tenon joints to gain the superior strength and flexibility of movement allowed when one block of wood is inserted into another. Traditional solid wood drawers, dovetail construction and smooth steel glides for durability is a choice that will result in the most durable, long-lasting furniture.
All pieces are made with classic, high quality, solid cherry, maple or walnut hardwood, sanded smooth and hand rubbed with a linseed oil finish.
Summary:At the time of writing, I own the study desk, a file cabinet, glass fronted book case and long sideboard all in the New England Chatham style in solid cherry. Of course your style and wood preferences may be different than mine and other wood choices such as walnut and maple are available. This is not the kind of furniture for newlyweds on a budget in their first house, rather the kind of furniture that you buy yourself to use for a lifetime when you really want to treat yourself to furniture where the workmanship is nothing but exquisite. Like me you would probably collect pieces over time. My cherry pieces have darkened with age over the last three years but the furniture itself still looks brand spanking new. I am now planning my next acquisition a drawer chest of drawers.
I loved that the furniture came with white glove delivery service and was delivered without a scratch. Awesome! Every time I walk into my office and see this furniture I think how beautiful it is and it is satisfying in this day and age to find furniture which has been so lovingly handcrafted, which manifests itself in how the drawers just glide out. The furniture collection in my office is sufficiently attractive that it routinely draws comments of admiration from visitors to our home. There is nothing utilitarian about this line of furniture although the designs are very functional. Yes, as I mentioned this is not cheap particle board furniture, it is agelessly furniture that you can pass down the generations if you so choose. In the meantime, you can treat yourself to this gorgeous furniture in your home. Each piece is made to order so do not be in a hurry as this manufacturer is always late in delivery - but the wait is oh so worth it!
Technical Specifications of New England Wood Chatham Bedroom Sets
|New England Wood Chatham Bedroom Sets|
Video Reviews of New England Wood Chatham Bedroom Sets
Filters & Accessories for New England Wood Chatham Bedroom Sets
|Chatham Bed||Headposts stand 54'H|
|Chatham Nightstand||20'W x 24'D x 28'H|
|Chatham 2-Drawer Blanket Chest||21' W x 41'D x 22.5'H|
|7-Drawer Dresser||20'W x 41'D x 52.25'H|
Please Note: This is a custom order and not returnable
Shipping and handling charges: Free shipping does not apply to furniture. Shipping charges depend on location and item weight. Please call toll free at 1-888-236-7231 for a shipping quotation.