Natural Kapok PillowsOur Expert Rating:
The Natural Kapok Pillows has been discontinued.
All natural down alternative Kapok filled pillows feature an organic cotton cover. Durable, washable and hypoallergenic. Kapok pillows are the best all natural down alternative providing a soft and supportive sleeping surface that is healthy -100% free of harmful chemicals and irritating synthetic materials.
Customers Also Bought
- Wants an all natural down alternative pillow that is washable
- Wants a natural fill that does not compress as quickly as cotton or wool
- Wants a natural fill pillow, but prefers more loft than silk
- Needs a hypoallergenic pillow that does not contain chemicals or synthetic material
- 100% Natural: covered in organic cotton and filled with natural Kapok fiber
- Kapok Fill: is a fiber from a renewable source, harvested from the seedpods of the once-sacred Ceiba tree. This tree, known for its medicinal uses, also provides food, shelter and transportation for its ecosystem, including man.
- Hypoallergenic: kapok is grown and processed without the use of chemicals and is a good natural alternative for those allergic to down or wool.
- Kapok vs. Cotton: it is 8 times lighter than cotton with a more lofty feel and will not compress as quickly.
- Kapok vs. Silk: the fiber is soft and silky like silk, providing a supportive yet fluffy feel.
- Kapok vs. Wool: it is washable, odorless and will not compress as quickly as wool
- Kapok vs. Down: it has a unique down-like quality but none of the allergens common in down
- Fill level: available in your choice of light, medium or heavy fill. All fill levels offer a soft feel but with different profile heights. Light fill is recommended for back and stomach sleepers. Side sleepers should use a medium fill pillow and those that like a really lofty pillow should choose the heavy fill.
- Sizes: available in Standard, Queen and King. Sold individually.
- Vegan: these pillows contain no animal products.
- Soft feel no matter what fill level
- Supportive to head and neck
- Very scrunch able, great for side sleepers
- Maintains comfortable temperature, did not get hot while sleeping
- Affordably priced for a natural fill
- Hypoallergenic with all natural fill and organic cover – no chemicals or animal products in this pillow
- Slight vinegar smell upon opening (dissipates within 24 hrs)
- Not as lofty as down and has a slower recovery time
Summary:I got my new Kapok pillow in the regular fill and luckily the loft and fill weight was perfect for me. I didn’t really know what to expect when I took this pillow home. It felt soft yet dense at the same time, and I was somewhat excited yet apprehensive to sleep on it. I was previously use to sleeping with down alternative and for the last couple of year have been a huge fan of natural latex pillows in both soft and medium firmness (some nights I like more support than the soft delivers). To my surprise I slept all night without reaching for one of my old pillows! That is pretty amazing because sometimes it takes a night or two to get use to a new pillow feel. One of the first things that came to my mind when I started fluffing this pillow my first night of use, was that the fill feels like it could bunch up but so far it hasn't. Throughout the night I sleep in a variety of positions, back, stomach, side. This Kapok pillow felt great in each position providing support and superb comfort. I also like to have my arms under and around my pillow and this pillow was perfect for that! It was soft and conformed around my arm that was under it (which was great because my arm didn’t fall asleep) and it felt soft and full to support my head and neck and satisfy my arm that was hugging it. I am still new to using this Kapok filled pillow but so far it has been great. I wake up with a without a stuffy nose, I do not get too hot sleeping on it, and it works for every sleeping position. I always give the pillow a few fluffs before I go to bed, not because it needs it, but I like it to have a fresh, lofty shape when I go to bed. This pillow is very shapeable and tends to retain the general shape you left it in. Also, it is washable so you have the opportunity to have a pillow with clean fill and a fresh smell.
Natural Kapok Pillows
Technical Specifications of Natural Kapok Pillows
|Natural Kapok Pillows|
Video Reviews of Natural Kapok Pillows
Filters & Accessories for Natural Kapok Pillows
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Fill Weight (oz)|
|Standard||20' x 26'||Light: 20
|Queen||20' x 30'||Light: 24
|King||20' x 36'||Light: 32
Please Note: Opened bedding is NOT returnable unless defective