Crystal Quartz Shower Filters with HeadOur Expert Rating:
The Crystal Quartz Shower Filters with Head has been discontinued.
Click for more info +
Shower head water filters remove 90% or more of chlorine for a healthier shower. Comes with designer polished chromed or massage head, and a pop-in replaceable cartridge.
The water filters come with two choices for the shower head. The Chrome Finish, (crystal quartz water filter with polished chromed shower head) or in a Massage head, (crystal quartz water filter with massage action chromed shower head) and you may also choose an optional attaching Handheld shower head kit with massage action spray. Shower water filter replacement cartridges can be ordered as needed (recommended every 9-12 months).
- Original patented breakthrough design captures solid particulate matter at the inlet in a sediment trapping screen to lessen the effects of waterborne contaminants on the KDF dechlorinating media, extending shower filter life.
- Provides a long lasting solution to the problems associated with exposure to chlorine.
- Specially-formulated KDF filter media effectively removes 90% or more of chlorine from shower water. Once in contact with the KDF, chlorine in the water converts into an environmentally safe and harmless soluble non-allergen.
- The crystal quartz shower water filters is the only filter to include Crystalline Quartz technology in it's media for an energized shower experience. These specially-cured crystals act upon the water to create a softer, more energized shower 'feel' and improve both lathering and sudsing.
- Easy pop-in cartridge that requires no backflushing.
- Beautifully designed filter with mirror-polished (Chrome) Whedon fixed action shower head, Massage head, both work wonderfully with handheld shower kits.
- The shower filter has it's own built in flow reduction to save on both water and energy costs.
- Benefits for chlorine free water:
- Healthier, younger-looking skin
- Relief from dry, itchy skin
- Improved lathering and sudsing
- Safer for infants, adults and pets
- No skin and eye irritation
- Prevents asthma attacks
The patented original Crystal Quartz Hot Water shower water filters uses KDF as the primary filtration media. KDF has been proven to be superior to granular-activated carbon based units. In a shower, the water reaches temperatures up to 105 degrees. Carbon based shower filters can lose contaminants previously adsorbed during these high temperatures and allow them to reenter the water. Carbon is also very adsorptive and can lose its capacity to adsorb contaminants quickly. KDF media removes chlorine through an electrochemical process and is not compromised by higher water temperatures. Unlike carbon, KDF does not hold the chlorine, it changes chlorine from an element into a harmless compound. It is also bacteriostatic and will not contribute to fungus and mildew growth. Granular-activated carbon based shower water filters supply numerous air spaces between the media and the warm, moist environment creating an environment that supports bacteria and fungus growth. This specially designed shower head water filter is built to reduce lime scale buildup, mold, bacteria, algae, and fungi in your tub and shower enclosure.
Specially-Formulated Bacteriostatic KDF® Media Better chlorine removal than standard KDF® formula
Pop-In, Replaceable Cartridge
Easy to replace, No back flushing
Built-in Jet Dispersal
Improves water flow-through
Natural Contaminate Absorption Media Maintains optimum filter permeability
Non-Woven Filter Pads
Filter out sediment in water
What is the Advantage of Crystalline Quartz?
This shower filter is specially washed and sun-dried quartz crystals help to 'energize' the water by reducing the water's surface tension. This allows for an increase in sudsing and lathering of soaps and shampoos. The water has a 'lighter' feel, similar to the feeling of softened water.
Are any Ingredients Harmful or Toxic? No. KDF is commonly used in drinking water and water treatment systems. The virgin crystalline quartz is washed and sun-cured.
How much chlorine will the filter remove? This filter will typically remove more than 90% of free chlorine. Reduction levels of 95% or above are not uncommon. Temperature and water flow variations prevent shower water filters from consistently removing 95% of chlorine.
What is enhanced KDF? Enhanced KDF is our special formulation of two different types of KDF-55. It is 10% more effective per ounce than granular KDF alone. This combination provides a better performance per ounce of media than other shower water filters.
How do you address water quality?
The cleaner your water the longer and more efficient the filter will be. If heavy levels of sediment and particulate matter are present in the water the KDF media can become clogged making it more difficult to create the electrolytic reaction required for dechlorination. Some sediment and turbidity will inevitably enter the filter, however it is specifically designed to minimize the effects with it's special high-flow filter pad and the contaminate trapping chamber.
We expect that the filter cartridge will have an effective life of nine to twelve months for a family of four, or an estimated 15,000 to 20,000 gallons of usage. The shower water filters encasing should last for several years with proper care. Requires no back flushing...ever. Filter may be needed to be replaced sooner depending on water quality (i.e. sediment and turbidity levels).
How do I install the shower water filters?
Installs in seconds! Simply screw the filter inlet onto your existing shower arm. It does not require the use of a plumber's tape for lead sealing. It must be hand tightened only.
Is this shower water filters cartridge easy to replace? Yes. Simply unscrew the filter body cap, remove the existing filter cartridge, check for proper sealing of the 'O' rings, insert the replacement cartridge and screw the filter body cap back on.
Technical Specifications of Crystal Quartz Shower Filters with Head
|Crystal Quartz Shower Filters with Head|