Sinus Information Center
Approximately 20 Percent all Americans are sinus sufferers or get a sinus infection.
Many sinus sufferers confuse cold symptoms, such as a runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes, with what, in fact, may be a serious sinus condition, a sinus infection, or sinus allergies, or a combination.
How to tell the difference? Our Sinus Center highlights some of the most popular sinus information found in our Learning Center which helps you pinpoint your sinus symptoms, and determine treatment for your particular sinus infection and sinus relief needs. Be sure to visit us often for the latest sinus information. We also let you know which of our products we recommend in particular for sinus sufferers, so you can get sinus relief- from a sinus infection. We now offer the Grossan Hydro-Pulse nasal irrigation system.
We have many articles on sinus prevention, here are some of the best.
|Dr. Murray Grossan is one of the leading medical experts on Sinusitis. His FAQ on Sinusitis is a treasure trove of sinus information. His New Book ‘The Sinus Cure’ gives the most up to date collection of sinus prevention tips that are available.|
|Dr. Grossan was featured in the March 2002 edition of Bottom Line Health. The article, ‘Get Natural Relief From Sinus Misery’, lists simple steps for sinus health. Most of these are described in here in our Sinus Center, our Learning Center, and at Dr Grossan’s web site www.ent-consult.com.|
- We recommend irrigation of the sinuses for people with chronic sinus problems.
- Do you get all stuffed up and have headaches or get sinus infections when you travel? Invaluable information for the frequent traveler is Traveling With Sinuses, Allergy and Asthma.
- Dr Grossan has authored an in-depth article on Sinusitis and Asthma.
|Sinus Relief and Sinus Treatment|
|Do your children have sinus problems already? Dr. Nina Shapiro answers parent’s questions in Children and Sinuses.|
Dr. Nina Shapiro
- Treatment of Chronic Sinusitis through IV Antibiotics By Dr Andrew Pugliese, MD
- Wondering if you should have surgery for chronic sinusitis? Dr. Grossan discusses when you should decide on surgery in Sinus Surgery
- Desperate with the pain of chronic sinusitis? Read what to do When Surgery Fails by Dr. Wellington Tichenor.
|Favorite Sinus Information Articles From Our Learning Center|
|Allergies and sinuses are intimately related.
Read the Allergy – Sinus Connection by Dr. Steve Houser.
Dr. Steve Houser
- Dr. Murray Grossan explains how stress can affect your sinuses in Sinusitis and Mental Health.
- Believe it or not, your sinuses benefit from your mother’s chicken soup. Here is the doctor’s own recipe: Chicken Soup for your Sinuses By Dr. Hoffman.
- Do you have an old house? Is it moldy? Thad Godish explains how this can cause Chronic Sinus Problems. We also recommend visting our Mold Solution Guide
- Do you have pain and burning in your nose? Are you congested and cannot breathe? The Empty Nose Syndrome and Sinusitis is explained by Murray Grossan
Compare Allergy Relief Products
We make it easy to comparison shop for allergy relief products for a healthy home. Our Buyers Guides compare in handy chart format, the critical differences between our products.
|A. Air Conditioners
A. Air Purifiers
A. Dust Mite Covers
A. Furnace Filters
A. HEPA Vacuum Cleaners
|A. Full Spectrum Lighting
A. Hypoallergenic Comforters
A. Mattress Pads
A. Royal Pedic Beds
A. Sheet Sets
Allergy Relief Products – Our Best Picks
People often ask us what we recommend as our ‘best-rated allergy control or allergy relief products’ for allergy sufferers in order to get a house allergen free. Here are our President’s best picks.
- Blueair Furnace Filters. Filter out those seasonal allergens before they enter the house with this washable filter which will last 10 years or more. A great way to help prevent allergies before they begin.
- IQAir Air Purifier is a simply superb air purifier for allergens, mold and gas removal. You could also try a Blueair for quiet bedroom use. Get allergy relief now!
- AirFree Air Sterilizer for destruction of airborne viruses and mold.
- Miele Complete C3 Brilliant for the ultimate in allergy vacuum cleaner self indulgence.
- Ladybug Vapor Steam Cleaner for clean freaks and those who want to kill cat, mold, and dust-mite allergens. This is chemical free cleaning and your home will never smell so fresh.
- Cotton Fresh Pillow Dust Mite Encasing. Odor free organic pure cotton that is finer and softer than any other encasing. Wonderful underneath your head at night.
- Hypodown Allergy Free Pillows and Duvet/Comforters. Big, puffy and luxurious. Made to last. Hypodown is white goose down that is specially cleaned so that is doesn’t provoke allergies.
- Cottonfresh Duvet Cover. The lightest, softest dust mite encasing for your duvet/comforter to help prevent dust mite allergies. Get allergy relief tonight!
Our Other Allergy Relief Problem Centers
Healthy Home Center: has tips galore on how to create a healthy home to protect you and your family against allergens, chemicals and viruses. Indoor air quality advice and education.
Asthma Control Center: the latest asthma news, research, medical information and asthma relief product reviews.
Mold Removal Center: helps you prevent mold growth and kill mold spores in your home for mold allergy relief.