The product you are viewing is on backorder or is experiencing shipping delays. For a HEPA air purifier solution that can ship immediately, we recommend the QuietPure Home Air Purifier.
- Removes dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses, pet dander and common household odors
- Purifies rooms up to 1,278 Sq. Ft.
- Captures 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns
- Industry leading 3-stage filter
IQAir Klaus Air PurifierOur Expert Rating:
- Wants real protection against the most dangerous air contaminants and wants their investment in an air purifier to produce the highest proven results.
- Wants cleanroom-grade HEPA performance. These are the air purifiers chosen and trusted by doctors and hospitals around the world.
- Suffers from asthma or lung disease such as COPD and needs to reduce gaseous irritants as well as allergens in the air they breathe (HealthPro Plus model).
- Hand-fitted, solid wooden air purifier with customized accents in warm palettes
- Features 25% more clean air, 32% less noise and 38% longer filter life
- Residential, large-room air purifiers
- Certified HyperHEPA filtration efficiency proven to remove at least 99.5% of all particles 0.003 microns and larger (100 times more efficient than standard HEPA filtration)
- PreMax™ large-capacity pre-filter, 99.5% efficient at 5 microns (55% at 0.3 microns and larger)
- V-5 Cell™ chemical & odor filter contains 5 lbs. of coal-based activated carbon and potassium permanganate impregnated alumina
- HyperHEPA® filter exceeds HEPA standard—passes the world's most stringent HEPA filter test EN1822, 99.95% efficient at 0.22 microns, 99.5% efficient at 0.16 microns
- Triple-seal design prevents air leakage
- 6 fan speeds
- Fan motor: 2,750 rpm, centrifugal, backward curved fan
- 4-key touch-pad with 16 character, 2-line LCD display
- Remote control (batteries included)
- Display languages: English, French, German or Spanish
- Intelligent filter life monitor bases on actual use, speed setting and air quality conditions
- Individual filter life status LED indicators
- Daily programmable timer for Monday - Sunday
- Timer status LED
- Air intake through dual side arches at base of unit
- Air outflow through 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser at top of unit
- Certified Ozone-free by the IAACM
- CSA rated for continuous operation under applicable UL and CSA standards, BSMI
- 4 casters
- Color: light grey with white locking arms
- Housing: non-off gassing, impact-resistant, UV stabilized ABS plastic
- Performance certification: each unit is individually tested and certified for performance efficiency before it leaves the factory in Switzerland
Important Notice: 120V Model
- This air cleaner is safety tested and approved for the voltage requirements in the U.S., Canada and Mexico only.
- This air cleaner will be damaged if plugged into a 220-240V outlet.
- The use of a transformer or adapter will not prevent the risk of damage.
- This product has no warranty coverage when used outside of North America.
- The original first purchaser of a genuine IQAir HealthPro® Series air cleaning system may convert the one-year limited warranty that came with the product to a 10-Year Limited Warranty for residential use (two years for commercial use) by completing, within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase, the IQAir online Limited Warranty application process at http://www.iqair.com/warranty or by sending in the completed mail-in warranty application card.
IQAir air purifiers are equipped with an electronic Filter Life Monitor that calculates the remaining life of the system’s filter elements. Thanks to the filter life monitor, the user does not have to guess when filters need to be replaced orreplace them at fixed intervals (which rarely correspond to the actual amount of use). The Filter Life Monitor watches over the most important factors that affect the life of the individual filter elements. The Filter Life Monitor display shows the remaining life of each individual filter elements at any given time.
IQAir and AllergyBuyersClub recommend running your IQAir HealthPro air purifier for 10 hours a day on speed setting 3. Thanks to its superior performance and filtration, it does not need to be run 24 hours, 7 days a week. The average filter life for 10 hours of use per day on speed setting 3 is outlined below.
PreMax Pre-Filter: 18 months
V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter: 2 years
HyperHEPA Filter: 4 years
Click Here for Premax Filter Installation Instructions
IQAir air purifiers can be set to run at six different fan speeds which correspond to six different air flow rates. The higher the fan speed, the more room air will be filtered by thesystem. The high fan speed settings provide additional air cleaning power to deal with situations of elevated pollution levels. To allow better evaluation of the system’s performance at different fan speeds, the standard display window shows fan speed and the air delivery rate (air flow).
For general air cleaning purposes, the IQAir system should be able to filter the room air volume at least twice every hour on the set fan speed to achieve a significant air quality improvement. If the intensity of the pollution source is high or a high degree of purification is needed, more air changes may become necessary.
Under normal conditions, IQAir and AllergyBuyersClub recommend running your IQAir HealthPro air purifier for 10 hours a day on speed setting 3 in a room around 500 sq. ft. with an 8 ft. ceiling. Thanks to its superior performance and filtration ability, it does not need to be ran 24 hours, 7 days a week to sufficiently clean the air in a room.
Using the daily & weekly programmable timer functions will help operate your IQAir air purifier at maximum efficiency, in accordance with your lifestyle. The programmable timer allows you to select a start time, end time and speed setting for the air purifier to operate at each day, Monday through Sunday.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration||
(Only the IQAir HealthPro Plus model has a gas filter included)
|3. Room Coverage|
|4. Noise Rating|
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs|
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement|
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design, no off-gassing|
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring|
|9. Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy|
|10. Quality of Filters|
|11. Value for Price|
The IQAir Klaus limited edition air purifier is the ultimate air purifier for people with health issues of a magnitude requiring absolute clean air. Although they are rather pricey, if you prefer to buy top quality and get what you pay for, you will not be disappointed.
- Robust Pre-filter: a high-efficiency, high-capacity, tightly-pleated filter pack that holds back over 90% of all dust mass and prolongs the life and performance of the V5 cell filter and the hyper HEPA filter by a factor of 10
- Superior hyper HEPA filter: has a micro particle retention rate up to 100 times higher than regular HEPA filters with a surface area larger than most of the air cleaners on the market
- High performance V5 filter: a V-shaped compact filter reduces the gaseous contaminants both by physical adsorption and chemical breakdown while a maximum level of airflow is maintained (available with the Healthpro Plus. Healthpro can be upgrade to a Plus with the addition of this filter)
- Maximum room coverage of up to 1,238 sq. ft. for the Healthpro and 1,125 sq. ft. for the Healthpro Plus when running on the highest speed. When run on medium speeds, they will cover a room up to 600 sq. ft.
- Good for bedroom use with lower-than-average noise level on the first two fan speeds, on the third speed it is a pleasant quiet background hum. Speed 4 is a bit noisy, but some users will tolerate it, and like all HEPA air purifiers, it is fairly noisy on speed 5 and 6. These high speeds are best suited for quick cleaning of a room or for use when you are not at home.
- Filter life and replacement costs: the IQAir's design allows filters to be replaced individually and on different schedules, which off-set the cost of having to replace all 3 at the same time. Average annual filter replacement costs are approximately $128.17 for the Healthpro and $202.34 for the Healthpro Plus. (Dollar values bases on 10 hour daily usage on speed setting 3.)
- Advanced controls and remote: one of the big pluses of the IQAIR Healthpro and the Healthpro Plus is its control options. While we did not see the need for the remote control, we were impressed with the ability to set the machine to go on and off at certain pre-designated times and fan speeds. The four key touch pad displays the programming timer status, filter life and status, and fan speed.
- Easy-to-change filters: all the filters stack up modular fashion and can be changed with no tools necessary—a huge plus
- Constructed of non-off gassing: ABS materials that are UV stabilized and high-impact resistant
- 3-D Ultra-seal design: a three-dimensional seal between the filter element and the housing of the air cleaner that does not allow any air to by-pass the filters so all the air is cleaned
- Filter change indicator light provided for each of the 3 filters—it displays green until 20% of the filter life remains, orange when 20% remains, red when 10% remains, and flashing red when none remains, which is when you should replace it, although you should order your replacement when it indicates orange or red.
- Has been in business since the 1960’s: selling air purifying products in hospitals and industrial clean-rooms
- Certified performance: each IQAir air purifier is measured at the factory and certified by the quality-control engineer who tested it. Included in each box is a certificate of performance in air delivery, filter leakage and particle filtration efficiency.
- IQAir will cover the Healthpro for a full 5 years: against defect in parts and labor since they consist of the highest-quality components and are assembled in Switzerland with great care, pride, and attention to detail.
- Quality of filters: IQAir designs and manufactures all of their filters so you can be assured of the quality which includes the completion of the tight seal to the housing to eliminate by-passing to attain 100% filtration
- Value for the price: although the IQAir air purifiers cost more than many air purifiers on the market, what IQAir provides in the way of quality, design and filtration performance strongly outweighs its higher price tag.
Summary:The IQAir Klaus limited edition air purifier is a designer representation of our number 1 choice for a room air purifier, the Healthpro Plus. The IQAir air purifiers are the only air purifiers proven to capture ultra-fine particles, 0.1 microns and smaller, which are the most harmful to our health and make up over 90% of the particles in the air—even when tested at the smallest measurable particle size of 0.003 microns. If you want the best air purifier available today, then the Klaus Limited Edition is your best choice.
IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier
IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier
- #1 choice for asthma & allergy sufferers offering wide spectrum particle, molecular and odor filtration
- Included Filters:
- PreMax™ pre-filter
- V5-Cell™ wide-spectrum gas and odor filter
- HyperHEPA® cleanroom-grade High Efficiency Particulate Arresting filter
- Standard Accessories: remote control (batteries included) and set of casters
- Maximum coverage: up to 1125 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Recommended coverage: up to 375 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr)
Technical Specifications of IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier
|IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier|
|Square Foot Coverage|
|Square Foot Coverage||Covers up to 1125 sq. ft|
|Power Requirements||100-120V, 50/60Hz|
|Energy Consumption||Speed 1-6: 27, 53, 92, 121, 154, 215 watts|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)|
|Clean Air Density Rate (CADR)||Not tested by AHAM|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan|
|Rated Air Flow of Fan||780 cfm|
|Delivered Air Flow|
|Delivered Air Flow||Speed 1-6: 40, 75, 130, 170, 200, 300 cfm|
|Decibels||Speed 1-6: 35, 46, 54, 60, 64, 69 dB(A)|
|Dimensions||28"H x 15" W x 16"D|
|Pre-filter||PreMax Filter H8|
|Particle Filter||HyperHepa Filter H12/13|
|Carbon Filter||V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter|
Video Reviews of IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier
Filters & Accessories for IQAir Klaus HEPA Limited Edition Air Purifier
IQAir HealthPro Complete Filter Replacement Kit
Includes Pre-Max pre-filter #1 and HyperHEPA filter #3. Item# 102-10-10-00 & 102-14-14-00. Complete filter replacement for the IQAir HealthPro Air Purifier.
IQ AP HPFRK
IQAir HealthPro Cleanroom Grade HyperHEPA Filter - Filter #3
Includes 1 replacement HyperHEPA filter for the HealthPro and HealthPro compact series. Replace HyperHEPA filter every 4 years. The machine displays this as Filter #3 (Item# 102-14-14-00).
IQ AP HPSHEPA
IQAir PF40 Coarse Dust Pre-Filtration Kit
Kit includes an upper grille which screws into the air purifier's base, a lower grille that is secured by four clips and 3 coarse dust pre-filter pads. A filter pad may be washed several times before it needs to be replaced. (Item# 210-50-00-00).
IQ AP PF40PRE
IQAir HealthPro Plus Complete Filter Replacement Kit
Includes Pre-Max pre-filter #1, V-5 Cell Gas & Odor filter #2 and HyperHEPA filter #3. Item# 102-10-10-00, 102-18-10-00 & 102-14-14-00. Complete filter replacement for the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier.
IQ AP HPPFRK
IQAir HealthPro PreMax Pre-Filter - Filter #1
Includes 1 replacement pre-filter for the Healthpro and Healthpro compact series. Replace filter every 18 months. The machine displays this as Filter #1 (Item #102-10-10-00).
IQ AP HPSPRE
IQAir Replacement Coarse Dust Pre-Filter Pads
Includes 5 replacement coarse dust pre-filter pads for use with PF40 Coarse Dust Pre-Filtration Kit. Wash as needed. Replace every 3-6 months. (Item# 120-60-10-00).
IQ AP PF40PADS
IQAir HealthPro Plus V5 Cell Gas & Odor Filter - Filter #2
Includes 1 replacement gas & odor filter for the HealthPro Plus model. Replace gas filter every 2 years. The machine displays this as Filter #2 (Item #102-18-10-00).
IQ AP HPSGAS