Home Essentials Organic Cotton Dust Mite CoversOur Expert Rating:
Certified Organic cotton dust mite covers GOTS and SKAL certified organic cotton. Heavyweight, 280 thread count 100% organic cotton mattress and pillow covers. Dust mite barrier with small pore size of 3.85 microns. Machine washable.
Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement
Natural, 100% certified organic cotton, 280 thread-count, fits 8', 10' 12' or 14' depths, average pore size of 3.85 microns
AVAILABILITY: Ships out in 3 to 5 days
NOTE: All opened bedding products (i.e. pillows, pillow cases, comforters, sheets, encasings) cannot be returned.
- Superior Protection: the small pore size of 3.85 microns protects against dust mites and their feces which can be as small as 6 microns
- Quality Fabric: 100% certified organic cotton, unbleached, undyed, offered in two weights. GOTS and SKAL certified organic.
- Heavyweight 280 thread-count Certified Organic Cotton: used for the mattress covers and heavyweight pillow covers, durable canvas-like feel, unbleached natural color
- Lightweight 260 thread-count Certified Organic Cotton: used to make lightweight pillow covers only, extremely soft and supple yet still durable, natural color
- Nylon Zipper: provides ease of use and comfort – mattress covers have a very long zipper with two pulls which runs halfway up one side along the bottom and halfway up the other side of the mattress cover for an easy fit
- Fitted Mattress corners: entail a secure fit; offered in a variety of depths 8", 10", 12", 14", 18" to accommodate all mattresses
Machine wash and dry. Mild detergent, no bleach. We recommend pre-washing the covers in hot water and drying in a warm dryer for the best fit on your mattress or pillow. Covers are over-sized to account for shrinkage.
Hand-crafted in Western Canada.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets - no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer's Warranty|
- Lab tested to provide effective dust mite protection with a small mean pore size of 3.85 microns; dust mites range in size and can be as small as 10 microns but their feces and debris can be even smaller, so the smaller the pore size the better
- SKAL and GOTS Certified organic cotton fabric is free of harmful chemicals or pesticides and is safe for those who suffer from allergies or are sensitive to chemicals
- Durable fabric and construction can safely be machine washed and tumbled dried
- Nylon zippers are smooth running and make it easy to get a secure shut. Nylon zippers are also more comfortable and discrete under your sheets than metal zippers.
- Organic cotton dust mite covers are more expensive than natural cotton or synthetic dust mite covers
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
- The mattress covers are made out of a very heavy weight organic cotton fabric which can feel like a canvas. Some people do not like the feel of a heavy weight cover on their pillows or mattress.
Summary:These are the only heavyweight organic cotton covers we carry. They provide excellent protection against dust mites and their debris and feces with a proven small pore size of 3.85 microns. You can be sure you are getting a quality organic cotton dust mite cover with our Home Essential organic cotton covers, as the fabric is SKAL and GOTS certified organic and tested by PMI for mean pore size and barrier efficiency. Backed by a 5 year warranty, they are durable and will withstand machine washing. The nylon zippers are easy to use and reinforced for strength while remaining discrete under your sheets. The dust mite covers are slightly oversized to account for shrinkage, so we recommend washing prior to use for best fit. The pillow covers are offered in the heavyweight organic mattress cover fabric and a lightweight organic fabric for those who prefer a thinner cover for their pillows. Both the heavy and light weight fabrics provide an excellent barrier to dust mites, though the heavyweight fabric has a slightly smaller pore size. None the less, I would recommend the lightweight fabric over the heavyweight fabric for a pillow cover because it is more supple and was preferred by our testers.
Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement
Technical Specifications of Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement
|Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement|
Video Reviews of Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement
Filters & Accessories for Home Essentials Organic Organic Mattress Encasement
|Twin||74”L x 39”W||8', 10”, 12”, 14”|
|Full||74”L x 54”W||10', 12”, 14”, 18”|
|Queen||80”L x 60”W||10', 12”, 14”, 18”|
|King||80”L x 78”W||10' 12”, 14”, 18”|
|Cal King||84”L x 72”W||10' 12”, 14”, 18”|
|King||20” x 36”|
Opened bedding is not returnable unless defective as covered under the warranty.
Please Note: The mattress covers are made from the heavyweight organic cotton fabric. The heavyweight pillow covers are made from the same fabric as the mattress covers. The lightweight pillow covers are made from a different organic cotton fabric which is not the same as the mattress cover fabric.