Sanitizing the floors, countertops, bathrooms, sinks, clothes, mattresses and kitchen areas often required multiple chemical-based cleaners to successfully do the job. The Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop solves this problem with its unusual ability to convert from a steam mop to a handheld steam cleaner. Heating up to powerful 212°F steam, it disinfects, kills dust mites, bacteria and germs and puts an end to household dirt, grease and grime. The Handheld Steamer option can be used with 10 accessory attachments, which are conveniently stored on the back of the unit with a tool caddy. Small and large nylon brushes help remove stains and mildew from tile grout while a wire copper brush removes build up on grills and ovens. A Garment attachment can be used to steam the wrinkles out of clothes and sanitize mattresses and bedding. Overall, the Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop is the safe, smart, effective and eco-friendly way to tackle all household chores.
Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop are ideal for someone who...
- Wants a quick and efficient way to clean the home without spending money on numerous cleaning products.
- Has allergies, asthma or a compromised immune system and wants to kill microorganisms, viruses, germs, biofilms, bacteria, dust mites, mold and other allergens without the use of chemicals.
- Wants a convenient steam mop and handheld steamer. as one easy to use and store unit
- 2-in-1 steamer: converts from a steam mop to a handheld steam cleaner
- Continuous steam on demand. Get steam in seconds, not minutes
- Includes complete tool set to tackle the toughest household tasks
- Pad locking system on steam mop head
- Water filter removes minerals and other impurities from tap water
- Steam trigger on handle of steam mop and on handheld
- Swivel head
- Steam ready indicator light
- Attachment caddy fits on back of steamer
- 2 back wheels for easy maneuverability
The Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop is designed to clean bare floors such as ceramic tile, vinyl, laminate, marble, stone and sealed hard wood floors. Use of the Gruene on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. The steam cleaner should not be used on unsealed wood floors. For best results test in an inconspicuous area or check the care instructions from the flooring manufacturer.
Use the following accessory attachments to tackle the toughest of cleaning chores:
- Nylon brush set: includes Large Brush for wide coverage on tile and grout lines. Triangle and Detail head brushes for getting into tight spaces
- Wire copper brush: designed to take the elbow grease out of the tough jobs such as cleaning grills and ovens
- Squeegee hand tool: makes quick work of cleaning windows and mirrors
- Garment hand tool: takes wrinkles out of clothes and curtains. Also works for sanitizing mattresses
- Scraper/Scoop nozzle: great for removing wallpaper and other hard surfaces
- Direct Jet Nozzle: shoots out a jet of steam and is good for those hard to reach areas
- Mop pad: absorbent terry cloth mop pad picks up the dirt loosened by the steam. Pad is reusable and machine washable
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Steam Quality - Temperature & Dryness|
|2. Tank Capacity & Length of Cleaning Time Per Tankfull|
|3. Quality and Absorption of Pads|
|4. Heat Up Time|
|5. Weight & Maneuverability|
|6. Length of Power Cord|
|7. Overall Machine Construction|
|8. Manufacturer's Credibility Including Return Policy & Warranty|
|9. Value for the Price|
By Staff Member of Boston Green Goods
I'm slowly but surely steering away from using traditional household cleaners such as Windex, Lysol and bleach in my apartment. In fact, I'm beginning to find them irritating my skin and breathing. So I was seeking an entry-level portable steam cleaner that can help me clean the floor and also perform smaller cleaning tasks. I don't really need a larger steam cleaner, such as a Ladybug, because of the size of my apartment and I also wasn't looking to purchase multiple steam mops and handheld steamers. Well, when we came upon the Gruene I was thrilled to have everything I wanted in one convenient machine! I immediately brought it home to only tackle a few chores such as cleaning the floors, oven and microwave. However soon enough I found myself looking to clean more and more areas of the home. Here are the results from my fun day of cleaning.
- The unit is relatively lightweight and I was able to carry up the stairs with little problem. The handheld section needs to be taken out of the steam mop 'stand' in order to fill. The hole was a tad bit small when filling but I quickly realized it came with a fill cup and this solved the issue.
- Once filled, I locked it in the stand and waited for the unit to start heating up. I was very happy with how quickly the unit heated up and in just a few minutes I was zapping away dirt, scuff marks and dust from the kitchen floor. The steam mop was not as dry as hoped and left the floors a little wet but it did do a great job with leaving the floors sparkling clean. I only had to wait around 10 minutes for the floors to dry. When using the old bucket and mop method in the past, I had to wait much much longer to enter the room, mainly because of the bothersome chemical smell that lingered around.
- Next up was using multitude of attachments available (and there were many that are conveniently stored on the unit). I was able to take the attachments on and off with ease. However, make sure they are locked tightly as they can become loose and fly off when steaming.
- First attachment I used was the standard nylon brush. I have never been able to clean off oil and grease on the oven stovetop so quickly and with such ease! I didn't have to apply a chemical-based cleaner and then let it sit to settle so it could slowly attack the caked on grease before wiping away. Just a few blasts of high temperature steam, a quick wipe with a towel and I had a glowing white oven.
- This is when I started looking for more areas to clean. I noticed how much grime and dirt had collected on the undersides of the cabinet. This build-up can't be healthy to have just sitting there! I simply attached the jet nozzle and released the trigger where the steam proceeded to break everything up with ease.
- I then moved onto the bathroom in which I proceeded to use the other brushes to remove scum and dirt tile grout, in the bathtub and around the sink. The window attachment did a nice job on the window without the traditional streaks caused by the Windex I used to use.
- One major con was the steam mop option left the floors a bit wet. However, the steam mop method was much easier compared to my traditional bucket and mops method and still left the floors sparkling clean.
- The fill hole can be a little tricky since it's tiny. We suggest either using the fill cup that is included or a funnel. Also, emptying the water tank can be a bit awkward
- There were a few times when the tool caddy fell off but it was easy to click it back into place.
Summary:The Gruene is a great multi-functional cleaning tool that supplies a powerful steam to thoroughly clean not only hardwood floors but other surfaces such as countertops, kitchen sinks and bathtubs. With the Gruene, one can clean the home safely, effortlessly and at a much quicker pace compared to traditional cleaning methods.
Technical Specifications of Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop
|Gruene Handheld Steam Cleaner and Mop|
|Tank Capacity||470 ml (15.80 fl. oz.)|
|Heat Up Time|
|Heat Up Time||30 seconds|
|Operating Time||8 – 12 minutes per tank|
|Power Cord Length|
|Power Cord Length||20'|
|Power Requirement||1500 watts, 120V|
|Dimensions||46'H x 7'W
11' at mop head
|Weight||Entire unit: 8 lbs
Hand Steamer alone: 3 lbs