Fral FDK54 Low Temperature Dehumidifier by Aerus
The Fral FDK54 basement dehumidifier is designed for damp, cool spaces up to 1600 square feet. It offers energy efficient, high-capacity moisture removal. Fast, Free shipping. See Fral basement dehumidifier ratings & reviews.
See our entire family of Fral Dehumidifiers.
Fral FDK54 Low Temperature Dehumidifier by Aerus are ideal for someone who...
- Desires to maintain a low relative humidity in a space up to 1,600 square feet
- Needs a dehumidifier which will run in temperatures as 33°
- Wants a high quality dehumidifier designed to last for many years
- Maintains relative humidity in basements and crawlspaces up to 1600 square feet
- Functioning relative humidity range from 35% – 99% relative humidity
- Powerful 250 CFM motor for faster air circulation
- Offers 30% more coil surface area than competing brands
- Low energy consumption of just 510 watts
- Quiet operation rated at 51 db(A)
- Automatic reverse cycle defrost thermostat and hot gas defrost system allows operation in environments with temperatures as low as 33°
- 5 sensors throughout check for ice every 35 minutes
- All wiring and refrigerant lines are insulated for optimal heat transfer
- Automatic restart in the event of a power interruption
- Sturdy, protective zinc plated, powder coated steel housing
- Carry handles for transport
- 3/4 inch gravity drainage connection requires a 3/4 inch female connector for hose drainage
- Uses a standard garden hose for drainage (not included)
- Four adjustable feet with built in rubber dampers
- Convenient, washable filter
- Energy Star rated
- UL listed
- Designed in Italy
The electronic control board on the Fral FDK54 dehumidifier is connected directly to the power outlet of the machine. It is equipped with three temperature probes and a humidistat. The electronic control unit, by means of the humidistat that measures the relative humidity in the environment, programs the machine to work to achieve the degree of relativity humidity desired. If the temperature of the finned coils drops too low, the electronic control unit starts a hot gas defrost cycle to melt the ice formed in the finned coils so that operation can resume.
Each year, during the late Fall once the outdoor temperatures consistently remain lower than the temperature in the space being dehumidified we recommend turning the dehumidifier off until warmer temperatures return in the Spring. For instance, in the Northeast most basements do not need a dehumidifier running after November 30th and can remain off until approximately April 30th. These dates will vary according to region but are a reasonable guide for operational need in most areas.
|EXPERT REVIEW PARAMETERS||STAR RATING|
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
Fral has been making high quality dehumidifiers in Europe for many years and we are proud to be their only distributor here in the United States. The Fral FDK54 is a well built dehumidifier that will stand the test of time. Only the best components are utilized to ensure flawless operation. The FDK54 is sized for a crawlspace but is powerful enough for a full basement. Powerful yet quiet operation is achieved due to the use of a statically and dynamically balanced axial fan and a high quality rotary compressor mounted on vibration dampers.
- Dries large areas up to 1600 sq feet.
- This high quality dehumidifier is designed to outlast the competition.
- Ultra-low energy consumption of only 510 watts.
- The digital humidistat allows you to precisely control the relative humidity in your space in 1% increments.
- Quiet operation, suitable for a utility room or basement.
- Low profile design requires very little space in basements and is well suited for crawlspaces.
- The Fral FDK54 dehumidifier will automatically restart after a power interruption.
- Operates in temperatures as low as 33°
Summary:In today's dehumidifier market it is getting far more difficult to find a fairly priced, well built dehumidifier that is capable of providing many years of trouble free operation. Our new exclusive Fral FDK54 offers serious moisture extraction for basements and crawlspaces at a very reasonable price. But don't let the price fool you, this dehumidifier is built like a tank to withstand the harshest of conditions. Fral uses a superior grade of steel that has been is zinc plated and powder coated, to ensure that this dehumidifier is usable in tough industrial environments. The FDK54 also boasts quiet operation and is rated at just 43 db(A). This noise level is appropriate for crawl spaces and placement into unoccupied basements or in utility rooms. This Fral dehumidifier is also quite affordable to run as it only draws 510 watts which is less than most small department store dehumidifiers. Your family, home and valuables will be safe from high moisture levels, poor air quality, mold and pests with the Fral FDK54 dehumidifier.
Fral FDK54 Low Temperature Dehumidifier
Technical Specifications of Fral FDK54 Low Temperature Dehumidifier
|Fral FDK54 Low Temperature Dehumidifier|
|Coverage Area||1600 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity|
|Water Removal Capacity||Up to 10 gals. per day|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)||2.1|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|Operating Temperature Range||33 to 95°F|
|Bucket Capacity||N/A - No buckets to empty|
|Noise Level||51 db(A)|
|An EPA Energy Star certified dehumidifier|
|An EPA Energy Star certified dehumidifier||Yes|
|Auto Defrost||Yes - Hot gas|
|Power cord||9-foot 8-inches|
|Condensate pump||Available as accessory|
|Power Supply||510 watts, 110-120V, 60hz|
|Dimensions||15 "W x 17"H x 23"D|
|Weight (lbs)||68 lbs|