Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner SystemOur Expert Rating:
Envirosept electronic furnace filters are designed to clean the air in your entire home with greater efficiency then disposable furnace filters. Permanent solution for cleaner indoor air. Free Shipping.
- 35 standard sizes (including oversized filters)
- Easy installation for new and existing air handling systems.
- Replaces existing filters
- 24-volt AC power supply can plug into any standard electrical outlet.
- Comes with 12 collector pads.
- Inexpensive disposable collector pads are easily replaced as required.
- Saves money - costs up to 70% less than most electrostatic precipitators and utilizes 95% less electrical consumption.
Click to enlarge
||The Envirosept electrostatic furnace or air conditioner filter is a permanent furnace and air conditioner filter that permanently replaces your 1" disposable air filter. The electrostatic media attracts airborne particles to protect your heating and cooling system. Used correctly, this air cleaner/furnace filter will help protect your family from allergy causing pollens, fine dust as well as tobacco and cooking smoke, airborne plant spores, bacteria, and some viruses. Many users of the this filter also report a noticeable reduction in general household odors related to cooking, pets, and tobacco smoke.|
The EnviroSept Electronic Air Cleaner, utilizes an input of 24 volts AC, which generates a 7,000 volt positive DC charge from its power head. This charge, applied to a central grid, polarizes the ½' thick polywool blended collector pads on either side of the grid. Simply stated, this air filter creates millions of tiny powerful magnets to attract and hold particles. These large particles build up on the front of the filter, while the smaller particles are collected through the collector pads. These pads are held in place by the two outer screens, which are grounded. Therefore, the EnviroSept Electronic Air Cleaner is really two filters in one due to the symmetry about the central grid. The use of a static electrostatic field (i.e., one without current flow and corona discharge) is important, since it prevents any generation of undesirable ozone.
How to replace filters:
- A collector pad is placed on each side of the grid (the unit opens up like a book) that collects the particles.
- Since the air flows in from one side, only the first filter pad will become really dirty. When the pad is dirty and needs to be replaced, the dirty pad should be thrown out, the 2nd filter moved to that location, and the new filter placed in the less dirty location.
- If there is a smoker in the house, both filters must be replaced at the same time.
To maximize the air cleaning efficiency of your whole house furnace filter it is recommended your HVAC system run as much as possible since no air cleaning occurs when it is off. Most experts agree a minimum run time of 8 to 12 hours daily is necessary to clean the air in your home (depending on air quality).
- Easy installation: the furnace filter slides into place just like a disposable furnace or air conditioner filter would, and at most, a screwdriver may be needed to secure the filter in place; allow 10 minutes at most for installation.
- Low Energy Draw: This electronic filter uses as much electricity to run as your doorbell
- Good filtration: This furnace filter truly filters the air in the home and delivers impressive results within 4 days of installation based on our tester's results
- Particles aren't charged: This filter charges the media and not the particles
- Efficiency: Actually increases for a while as collector pads become dirty
- Power outlet needed nearby: Must plug in the AC power supply into an outlet for the electrostatic charge to work, so a very thin power cord must be woven through a hole in the frame of the furnace or AC unit cover; this was not a problem for our testers. Manufacturer suggests plugging the appliance into an extension cord if an electrical outlet is far away.
- Maintenance:Inspect the collection pads monthly, and replace them every one to two months. This furnace filter does come standard with six sets of two disposable collector pads and the cost of replacement filters after that is reasonable.
Summary:For a first line of defense against airborne particles, these furnace filters do the job of an effective air filter for the entire home. We highly recommended these air filters for people with homes that have forced hot air heating or cooling systems. This furnace filter air cleaner system will help drastically decrease the high particle count indoors, reducing the number of allergy or asthma triggers.
Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner System
Technical Specifications of Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner System
|Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner System|
|Furnace Filter Type|
|Furnace Filter Type||Permanent, electronic|
|Dust Weight Arrestance|
|Dust Weight Arrestance||99%|
|Particle Efficiency||99% at 1 micron and 70% at less than 1 micron|
|Dust Holding Capacity (grams)|
|Dust Holding Capacity (grams)||290 grams|
|Air Flow Resistance|
|Air Flow Resistance||1200 cfm|
|Electrical Requirement||110 volt|
|Warranty||limited 5 year|
Video Reviews of Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner System
Filters & Accessories for Envirosept Electronic Furnace Filter Air Cleaner System
Envirosept Furnace Filter Replacement Collector Pads (12 Pack)
Includes 12 collector pads. Replace every 1-2 months. Measure exterior of existing furnace filter - Width and Length. Pick the pad size that matches exactly to your existing filter or is slightly smaller. We have included model numbers for those looking to replace an existing Envirosept filter.
NOTE: The collector pads will be smaller than the furnace filter but they are ordered by the size or model number of the furnace filter itself.
Availability: In Stock. Ships out in 1-2 business days within the US Only.
EN FF CPAD