Down Comforters- Icelandic Eider Down Luxury Comforters
We searched to find the best hypoallergenic down comforters for our customers. We feature Eiderdown natural duck down comforters. These Eiderdown filled comforters make the very best in luxurious bedding.
Eiderdown Down Comforters
Eiderdown fill, 300 tc silk cover, 8' box stitch, Winter weight, Queen size: 92' x 86'. White.
AVAILABILITY: Due to the worldwide economy pricing fluctuates. Please Call for Current Pricing 888-236-7231.
So what is an Eiderdown comforter?
The true Eiderdown comforter is a rarity. It is the Faberge egg of comforters, and if you are concerned about price, this is clearly not a product for you. Let me tell you a little about them.
The finest, warmest and most rare down comforter in the world, Eiderdown is harvested from abandoned nests that the mother duck covers with down she plucks from her own breast to keep her eggs warm. The Eider ducks are protected from the usual commercial type of harvesting, and as you can imagine, hand harvesting after the nests have been abandoned is very labor intensive and expensive.
- 100% synthetic microfiber shell is brushed to be soft and fuzzy with a peach skin feel
- Microfiber is more resilient than cotton and is more resistant to down leakage over the years
- Filled with Siberian White Goose Down (minimum 90% down clusters)
- Siberian White Goose Down is warmer, lighter and fluffier than other types of down
- Hypoallergenic – down fill meets manufacturers strict quality standards that go above and beyond the mass produced down goods in the market place today. The down used is composed mostly of down clusters and is washed several times. The shell fabric is tightly woven in order to avoid as much down leaking as possible from regular use
- Comforters have a True baffle box construction
- Blankets have a sewn through construction
- All feature white satin piping trim
- Professional clean only – duvet cover is highly recommended
- All four corners feature a sewn in tie-strap to attach a duvet cover
- Color: White
- Sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King
- Perfect for any climate, just choose the weight to best fit you needs: All Season Comforter (medium weight), Winter Comforter (heavy weight), Summer Blanket (lightweight)
Please Note: Siberian White Goose Down is a trade name used to represent high quality goose down that is known for its extreme warmth. Siberian White Goose Down does not mean that the goose down is from Siberia. Siberia’s climate is far too severe to farm geese in. The goose down originates from China, Europe, United States and Canada.
Fill power is usually determined by the size of the down clusters and the space of the air between them. The eider duck has very sticky and dense down clusters. Hard to describe because it is so different, but the result when it is put into a garment or comforter, is no bulk for incredible warmth. One nest provides about 15-20g of Eiderdown. The most unique and exquisite of all down!
This is a close up of Eiderdown
When we first held Eiderdown in our hands we were astonished. Could anything actually be that light and actually keep you warm? Everyone had a hard time when we closed our eyes feeling any weight at all. When we were comparing the Eiderdown to other top grade, goose down comforters, it was clear that Eiderdown was simply in a class of its own. It seemed disconcertingly light to some of our staff who are use to being weighted down at night.
Summary:These incredible Eiderdown comforters are a custom order, and are covered with a 300 plus thread count silk. This makes them down proof but with a nice luxury feel. Then we would reluctantly put the finest of silk duvet covers on the comforter to prolong the life of the Eiderdown. The manufacturer claims they are Hypoallergenic, but at this price if you have any doubt, ask about our sample program. For more information on what exactly is meant by Hypoallergenic click here.
Technical Specifications of Eiderdown Down Comforters
|Eiderdown Down Comforters|
Video Reviews of Eiderdown Down Comforters
Filters & Accessories for Eiderdown Down Comforters
|Queen: 92' x 86'||39 oz. fill|
|King: 102' x 92'||44oz. fill|
Please Note: Custom orders are not returnable unless covered under the warranty.
Availability: This product is custom made so please allow 3 -4 weeks for delivery.